Carmelo the most underrated superstar in the NBA.. | Syracusefan.com

Carmelo the most underrated superstar in the NBA..

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
...according to himself?

Interesting.

That would be tony parker, and he would be perhaps the most underrated of ALL TIME.

...according to himself?

Interesting.

That would be tony parker, and he would be perhaps the most underrated of ALL TIME.

Melo seems to get ripped much more often than other stars with similar or lesser credentials, often even by the "edgy" portion of this message board. He's got a case here.

Great year for forwards last year, but he didn't even make an All NBA team despite putting up 28 and 8.

Hard to argue with all of 'Melo's NBA championship rings...
78f.png

Melo seems to get ripped much more often than other stars with similar or lesser credentials, often even by the "edgy" portion of this message board. He's got a case here.

Great year for forwards last year, but he didn't even make an All NBA team despite putting up 28 and 8.

I agree- he takes more criticism than he deserves. Just think to come out and say this is sort of odd.

Just what exactly is a "superstar", once you strip away the off-the-court person?. I mean Tebow and Manziel are/were superstars in their domain if name recognition is an element to the equation.

So what is the on-court formula for superstardom, and which players meet this standard?

Just what exactly is a "superstar", once you strip away the off-the-court person?. I mean Tebow and Manziel are/were superstars in their domain if name recognition is an element to the equation.

So what is the on-court formula for superstardom, and which players meet this standard?

I'm sure I'm forgetting some others that might be considered superstars, but for me personally, the superstars currently in the NBA are LeBron, Durant, CP3, Dwight, Melo, Kobe, Dirk, Rose, and maybe Blake. I'm almost positive I'm forgetting someone though.

I'm not even sure what my own definition of a superstar would be. I guess the best I can really do is saying it's the guys that can carry their team almost every night and take them to the playoffs.

Our basketball version of McNabb.

Melo and Durant have been the best offensive players in the league for years. No knock on McNabb but not even close. imo Barry Sanders would be a better comparison.

Melo and Durant have been the best offensive players in the league for years. No knock on McNabb but not even close. imo Barry Sanders would be a better comparison.

Carmelo and McNabb,,,,

I'm referring to the comparative lack of respect from the media, and to some degree the fans. Both are and were way above average players in their respective sports, both seem to get little love for their accomplishments. McNabb had a couple of exceptional years. He went to six pro bowls.

I don't know either one of them personally...maybe it's a personality thing? Both seem to draw more flak than you'd expect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom