Chance Amie Ends up at Grambling | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Chance Amie Ends up at Grambling

Gotta wonder if Lamson’s spring game performance generated some “portal opportunities” for him.

I don’t think insiders here would be worried about depth if it were just Morgan leaving.
Damn television

the off the record things that I have heard in regards to Amie would certainly make giving him a second chance a reasonable thing. This isn't some Scanlon-type of situation.

I spoke with him after the scrimmage and he seemed like he loved SU and the new OC and QB coach. Hes one snap from starting

I agree, from a football standpoint, he's in a great spot.

I'll be shocked if Lamson leaves
100% up for 2nd chance or Chance

That’s what I’m wondering. Or maybe as a special use QB (I made up that term). I know there was hope for him when he first got here, but when he left and went to JC he wasn’t able to become the starter.
That's what I find interesting. If he was so great while he was here, why wasn't Chance tearing it up in the JUCO ranks. I don't doubt that he's a great athlete, but maybe we offered him as something other than a QB.

That’s what I’m wondering. Or maybe as a special use QB (I made up that term). I know there was hope for him when he first got here, but when he left and went to JC he wasn’t able to become the starter.
That's my question. No problem with giving him a second chance, but I'm wondering how good he really is after his JUCO performance.

I was thinking the same thing. I know Anae and Beck used Taysom Hill as a true full time dual threat QB at BYU. But the fact those 2 guys coached him and they see what he’s doing with the Saints…I wonder if they want a player for that role here at Cuse and that’s what Amie would be. Amie is just an athlete, no matter where you put him on the field he’s going to be one of the best athletes at that position if not the best. When you have a chance to take a playmaker like Amie, you find ways to get him on the field and the Taysom Hill role might be just that

That's what I find interesting. If he was so great while he was here, why wasn't Chance tearing it up in the JUCO ranks. I don't doubt that he's a great athlete, but maybe we offered him as something other than a QB.
Looks like the QB he was sitting behind went FCS/HBCU.

I think it's as simple as having a guy around who can make plays happen in space.

They can draw up plays where is the wildcat QB where he can run or pass.

They can draw up plays where he is lined up in the slot.

He can do a reverse or a slant or end up getting the ball on a reverse and passing.

For all we know, when he left, Dino could have told him that if he makes certain changes, he will have a spot for him. And maybe he made those changes, and here we are with Dino making good on his word. I have no idea, I'm just speculating, but it's all within the realm of possibilities.

As long as we aren’t bringing him in because the #1 is hurt physically, I am all for it.

Facts. More second chances than I can count. The people in my life today can't believe the stories of the pile of crap I was when I was 21. I have no problem with second chances.
If you can't count them, get a copy of your rap sheet. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom