chris mcculough is orange! | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

chris mcculough is orange!

That team just seems loaded. It has to be difficult to find your niche when minutes are so limited. I haven't been able to watch a full game, but does the coach shuffle guys in and out all the time? Do they always seem to play with the same guys, like in shifts? Or is it one or two at a time, and whoever is playing the best stays in?
In the beginning of the year the coach would play about 12 players and sub guys in and out, but now the rotation is tighter with starters and the 2nd team off the bench. They mostly play 3 guards, so you'll see different rotations depending on fouls and whoever is playing well. The interesting thing is that the coach hardly plays the 3 bigs at the same time. It's either McCullough and Macon or McCullough and Washington whenever "The Hammer" is in the game.

In the beginning of the year the coach would play about 12 players and sub guys in and out, but now the rotation is tighter with starters and the 2nd team off the bench. They mostly play 3 guards, so you'll see different rotations depending on fouls and whoever is playing well. The interesting thing is that the coach hardly plays the 3 bigs at the same time. It's either McCullough and Macon or McCullough and Washington whenever "The Hammer" is in the game.
Gotcha, I always wondered how coaches at the prep school level figure out substitutions, because nearly every player on their team is an upper classman who either has a scholarship or is auditioning for a scholarship.

Watched another full Brewster game a few days ago against Worchester Academy. Both Buss and McCullough played well in this game and made big plays down the stretch to help make a comeback victory trailing down by 7 in the last few minutes. Here goes my thoughts from the game below.

Buss
16pts, 2rbs, 2ast, 3stls, 1blk, 2-5 3PT.
Buss's handle looked much better and he was more confident handling the ball than the last time that I saw him. He was very active on defense creating steals for fastbreaks and causing a 5 second call late in the game which was huge for the comeback victory. He was 2-5 from three and knocked down a couple of pull-up jumpers. While he has a nice form and quick release, his shot is very streaky as he can hit 2-3 shots in a row and then miss his next 2-3. I do like the fact that he doesn't seem to ever lose his confidence and is always aggressive when he can be on offense. On the next level I view him strictly as a SG, with the ability to help out with ball handling duties here and there, but I don't see natural PG skills where JB would be comfortable letting him run the team for long stretches.

McCullough
17pts, 6rbs, 2blks, 4-6FT, 1-1 3PT.
McCullough was all over the floor like a sprinter. He scored in transition, drives to the hoop, and knocking down a couple of perimeter shots. He played out on the perimeter a lot, but that was mostly because Brewster ran a 4 out 1 in set to keep the post players(Macon WVU and Washington NC St) from being double teamed inside. McCullough is going to be a beast in transition on the next level because it's rare to see a player his size move that fast up and down the court. As I always say after watching him that I would love to see some low post skills down on the block, but that will probably come in time. His teammates Macon and Washington occupy a lot of time in the post and for good reason because both are really skilled inside, and sometimes I find myself hoping to see some of those low post skills from "The Hammer" as well.

Other notes, Martez Harrison as mentioned in the post above should make some mid-major happy on the next level. Jared Terrell has a strong body and build, but so far I have been less than impressed with him in every Brewster game that I have watched so far. All I see is out of control drives and settling for long jumpers from him.

This is very bad news as our present group of 3 point shooters never miss 2 or 3 in a row (or perhaps I should say they never make 2 or 3 in a row).

This is very bad news as our present group of 3 point shooters never miss 2 or 3 in a row (or perhaps I should say they never make 2 or 3 in a row).
Besides James, I didn't even know we had a group of 3 point shooters leon.png. Obviously I don't expect him to make every shot on the perimeter, but he's only 2-9 from 3pt land in the full games that I've charted. I'm sure others will agree that consistency with his jumper will be key on the next level.

Great report! After the few games I've watched. Harrison is going to be great for whichever Mid-major is able to recognize his talent and get his commitment.

Terrell has shown flashes of talent, but isn't able to demonstrate it on a consistent basis and mostly becomes a noshow behind McCullough, Buss, Harrison, and the guy going to WVU(blanking on his name).

I think McCullough can develop a good low post game. I saw him making a couple of excellent low post moves a while back. This part of his game hasn't really been a necessity at the high school level, because of his athleticism, quickness, and length.

Buss definitely is a SG at this point him time, but I could see him playing the PG role in 4 years depending on what guys we have on the team at that time.
That Waiters quote is awesome.

Who recruited McCullough. Hop or red??

Looks like Autry

http://zagsblog.com/articles/tyler-ennis-working-on-mccullough-to-syracuse/

“Syracuse did a great job of making sure that Chris felt at home with both the school and staff,” his AAU coach, Terrance “Munch” Williams, told SNY.tv. “It’s always special when the head coach can take some time to explain his plan for the future with the recruit. Coach Red [Adrian Autry] has done nothing but put his best foot forward while recruiting Chris throughout the course of time.”

In the first thirty seconds of the video, The Hammer throws down two pregame dunks and three ingame Hamma Jammas.

Also check out a Ron Patterson three at 1:38 and a Buss Surprise at 2:58

Here are some highlights from the National Prep Showcase in November. Different footage and plays as well as higher quality than the video posted in November. Bonus Kaleb Joseph transition dunk as well!

lol then when they can actually call a foul for selden they don't… probably because the kid is a dick (mouthy chippy sob).
Moments to day when both coaches could have been T'ed up,Jimmy in the first half. Dixon in the second. Dixon ran on to th floor should have been automatic.I understand cutting these guys some slack for emotions but they went too far.

That phrase must've happened around the time he was born! I think it's awesome that that pervades to this day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom