Clemson Attendance Thread | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson Attendance Thread

They had a decibel meter counter on the jumbotron last game during part of the game. First time I remember seeing it.

Also, not sure if it was real or made up numbers but it was there. Thought it was a good idea.
They had that in another game too. It was definitely made up / not real as it was quiet and pumped in noise. Comically so.

They had that in another game too. It was definitely made up / not real as it was quiet and pumped in noise. Comically so.
I have begged for a live decimeter for years and I will continue to beg for this.

If you want a loud crowd, do this. I guarantee you this will make the crowd insanely loud. When we come back from a commercial and the other team has the ball for a key series, you run the live decimeter in a corner in conjunction with that nice video they have of the players imploring the fans to make noise.

Just try it once and I will never ask for a change to how we run game day again. Just do it once. Please.

I have begged for a live decimeter for years and I will continue to beg for this.

If you want a loud crowd, do this. I guarantee you this will make the crowd insanely loud. When we come back from a commercial and the other team has the ball for a key series, you run the live decimeter in a corner in conjunction with that nice video they have of the players imploring the fans to make noise.

Just try it once and I will never ask for a change to how we run game day again. Just do it once. Please.

All in with Tom on this one!

Didn't they do this against army last week? They definitely put a decibel thing on the center video board.

One of my favorite days of Syracuse football fandom
This isn’t hyperbole. I was at Texas (who I believe was #1) vs. Mizzou (#11?) in Austin in ‘08. My Texan friends went way out of their way to say things along the lines of, “Now THIS is loud right?” They didn’t believe me when I said it was about Dome level. And long before the new nuclear amplifier roof.

Didn't they do this against army last week? They definitely put a decibel thing on the center video board.
That graphic they have isn’t accurate at all. We actually saw an SU employee with one of those readers in our section during the Western Michigan game and while he was calibrating his device (I assume) that graphic came up and we looked at him and he joked that the video board wasn’t accurate.

Just something to hype the crowd. Admittedly it works though.

That was a video graphic. A cartoon of a decimeter. Which works. The crowd sees the number going up and it gets louder. But it isn’t live, it doesn’t react to what the crowd does and ultimately it won’t be nearly as effective as the real thing.

We have the loudest venue in the country but the powers that be that run the scoreboards have no vision and apparently no interest in leveraging that to our best advantage in close games.

It is a real shame. Maybe it will change some day.

That was a video graphic. A cartoon of a decimeter. Which works. The crowd sees the number going up and it gets louder. But it isn’t live, it doesn’t react to what the crowd does and ultimately it won’t be nearly as effective as the real thing.

We have the loudest venue in the country but the powers that be that run the scoreboards have no vision and apparently no interest in leveraging that to our best advantage in close games.

It is a real shame. Maybe it will change some day.
The SU fan council or whatever it's called, does SUA actually listen to feedback? Not going to lie, I'd be willing to consult for SUAs Marketing.

There is a lot of buzz about this game. The golf course I work at a lot of the players are talking about this game and going to it. There was zero chatter for the previous games. Also, the SU student I work with, didn’t go to any of the previous games. He’s going to this one, but couldn’t get a student ticket. Sold out. He had to buy his own
I thought you’re retired…. :p

Didn't we also lose a decent chunk of season ticket holders this season? Harder to get closer to a sellout when you don't have that baseline built in.

Anyway it doesn't really matter other than looks. Upper 30s-lower 40s will be plenty loud enough.

And if we win and end up going something like 9-3 I bet season tickets will shoot right back up. Then they need to have another good season next year to keep them around and start making it a tradition.

The SU fan council or whatever it's called, does SUA actually listen to feedback? Not going to lie, I'd be willing to consult for SUAs Marketing.
Yes, sometimes they do and sometimes they do not.

Unfortunately the map is looking pretty rough. I didn't see much movement today, and the cheapest tickets have gone down to 59. Cheapest was 65 earlier in the week. We need a good push Thursday and Friday for a solid crowd

Already bought the tix but can you specify where you want to sit with group tix or is it limited to certain sections?
They should be able to work with you. I'd expect they would be mostly nonpremium areas.

They did...it seemed fake
01E664F4-415F-484D-AB37-0EC018986775.gif

For certain fake, don’t know if you saw me but I have a decibel app on my phone I used when they had the video decibel meter up and mine recorded 85-90.

Very frustrating thread. I wish we could fill the place. Best game I ever attended (other than WVU ‘87 11-0) was Miami ‘93 I think, when Gedney was stopped 2 yards short of the end zone. We lost of course, but the Dome was packed and ridiculously loud that night. 2nd place Florida “92. This particular team deserves it.

Didn't we also lose a decent chunk of season ticket holders this season? Harder to get closer to a sellout when you don't have that baseline built in.

Anyway it doesn't really matter other than looks. Upper 30s-lower 40s will be plenty loud enough.

And if we win and end up going something like 9-3 I bet season tickets will shoot right back up. Then they need to have another good season next year to keep them around and start making it a tradition.
What % of season ticket holders who gave up their seats this year are still plunking down money to attend the Clemson game ? I have no clue but wouldn’t be surprised if it’s more than 1/2

I thought you’re retired…. :p
Retirement gig . A couple days a week. Gotta get out of the house now and again!

Retirement gig . A couple days a week. Gotta get out of the house now and again!

That's not a bad gig for some retirement fun money. My friend here in KC works at the grocery store meat market. Your job sounds more fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom