Closer Look @ SU Unis | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Closer Look @ SU Unis

One way of knowing how recruits feel about the jerseys is to check out some of the players' peers' opinions on the posted photos. I'd say they're a better representation of who SU'd want their jerseys to appeal to than... well, just about anyone on this forum.

http://instagram.com/p/rDm9H4MR1l/

Close look at Brisley's uniform

I like the unis, i just am not a fan of the number font. It looks like the number of whatever sequal of a cheesey 70's horror flick

horror_of_70s.jpg

creepshow-2.jpg

horror_of_frankenstein_poster_03.jpg

One way of knowing how recruits feel about the jerseys is to check out some of the players' peers' opinions on the posted photos. I'd say they're a better representation of who SU'd want their jerseys to appeal to than... well, just about anyone on this forum.
And the requisite...'let the inmates run the asylum post'.

We are almost done here!!!...

KaiserUEO said:
And the requisite...'let the inmates run the asylum post'. We are almost done here!!!...

My favorite thing about you bringing this up all the time is it assumes that you're sane ;).

Also:

I don't think the players designed the uni? Didn't Nike (corporate giant with world class designers) and Gross (the head of our Athletic Department) make the actual decisions here?

To play out your busted semi-offensive analogy: it's more like giving the "inmates" the opportunity to have mashed potatoes or french fries. That's a far cry from running the asylum.

Finally:

I love the "here we go again" spin on your posts these days. Gives the impression that they made sense the first time around.

But if the choice was mashed potatoes or fries...why are you so happy they chose the fries???

Obviously they're happy they didn't get the mashed, I'm saying the fries choice should've been

1. Cajun
2. Old Bay
3. Disco
4. Etc, etc...

And just because they pull SS into an office, point to his contract and trot him out there in a weak attempt to calm the correct majority mass, doesn't make the schools mistake right.

I believe it's the metallic block S
Kind of hard to see exactly in this gallery but you can get the gist of the uni combinations. And yes, the orange jersey does appear to be in the mix (though when we will see it is another story.) This NIKE release has some pics as well... I believe on the blue and white helmet, it is a metallic orange block S.

Me personally, I wasn't sure about these new uniforms at first, but they are beginning to grow on me. I don't believe any of us have seen 11 of these unis on the field at once, so we really won't know until August 29. I'm glad I will be there to see it firsthand. I am glad to see the players get excited about getting their jerseys, and what is allowing me to like these unis better each day is seeing some of the details. I say we roll with the change - if it helps gets the team fired up then it is fine with me.

The white jersey really seems to pop (IMHO):
04162014_S_Uniforms_ConnorMartin_SP-12.jpg

The stripes on the numbers need not be there.

I do remember hearing there was player input and feedback during design process.

The stripes on the numbers need not be there.
They seem to give the numbers some visual depth, which I think is necessary on the blue. I like them a lot on the white unis, a little on the blue and I'm ambivalent about them on the gray (then again, I'm not sure how I feel about the all-gray unis with blue helmets anyway).

Correct me if I'm wrong but a worker at the spring game told me they were not going to wait until next year to unveil the orange jerseys and that orange pants will be worn consistently throughout the season. Was this worker misinformed? Also heard that we were planing on debuting the orange jerseys against LSU in 2015, hence the double announcement.

Correct me if I'm wrong but a worker at the spring game told me they were not going to wait until next year to unveil the orange jerseys and that orange pants will be worn consistently throughout the season. Was this worker misinformed? Also heard that we were planing on debuting the orange jerseys against LSU in 2015, hence the double announcement.

I hope you are right, that would be awesome!!!

I hope you are right, that would be awesome!!!
Thats what i'm saying...there definitely wasn't enough orange in the original three new jerseys but lets be honest if and when they introduce the orange pants and orange jerseys it will definitely be enough orange and good direction jersey-wise for the program.

Wish SU had done something like this during the summer. Would have been nice to get a look at some of the different combinations on the players.

Bt5lXmPCUAAxyYl.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom