Coach Mac | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Coach Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Millhouse said:
which shows up in yards per play

Explain.

Note: I didn't say TFL/Sacks - but havoc > TO's

Maintain direction and status quo, is the full quote. I'll clarify, my understanding (coming off an impressive blow out of WVA in the Pinstripe Bowl) was that the program had positive momentum, the ship was righted and apparently headed in the right direction...onward, if not upward. The SS hire was to keep it going that way, or maintaining that same state of affairs...hence, the status quo. Slice it any way you want, fact is, SS's current record is 13-19 overall and without some monumental and unforeseen victories down the stretch will only increase his losing percentage. That is even worse, sub status quo...which certainly isn't anything hoped for.

No question. Until Doug took every coach except Rob Moore/Tim Daoust. Which deflated the recruiting class. and the next year we went to a bowl game. Status quo.

No question. Until Doug took every coach except Rob Moore/Tim Daoust. Which deflated the recruiting class. and the next year we went to a bowl game. Status quo.

Yes, status quo...which was something that xc84 stated (the impetus of my response to) anyone wanting to maintain that should be fired. Since that aforementioned bowl, SS's record is 6-13, and, highly probable heading further south...that is well below status quo.

Yes, instead of 3-4 we could be 2-5 or 6-1. That's what kind of year it has been. It's been that close.

I am tired of this as we could also be 1-6. One could argue CMU was a lucky win in OT. Against Wake we looked dead in the water down 17-13 until the bomb to Estime. The pass play to Ishmael helped secure the win.

I am tired of this as we could also be 1-6. One could argue CMU was a lucky win in OT. Against Wake we looked dead in the water down 17-13 until the bomb to Estime. The pass play to Ishmael helped secure the win.

We are 3-4, plain and simple, we won some close ones, lost some close ones as all teams do

Yes, status quo...which was something that xc84 stated (the impetus of my response to) anyone wanting to maintain that should be fired. Since that aforementioned bowl, SS's record is 6-13, and, highly probable heading further south...that is well below status quo.

We won 8 games in 2012 with Nassib (a 3 year starter).

You expected 9 wins with Hunt in 2013?

You expected 10 wins without Hunt in 2014?

Makes sense. :crazy:

You'll be disappointed when we don't win a National Championship next season.

I would not want to just maintain a scenario of going to the same lower tier bowl every 2 years. I want better for the team. I don't want that to be the status quo.

Ok... we could be 0-7 or 7-0 and anything in between. How's that?

Whatever, man. You just keep on keepin on.

You mean CMU in which our starting QB Was injured in the first half after seeming moving the ball at will?
You mean the Wake win which was Dungey's first start Ever?

That's because the second you switch a coach it becomes a rebuild

That's clearly not true. Was it a "rebuild" when Coach P took over for Mac? That decision by Jake was entirely about making an internal hire who would keep the staff together, the recruiting momentum going, and keep the program on it's existing trajectory. There was not a shred of "rebuild" in it.

That's clearly not true. Was it a "rebuild" when Coach P took over for Mac? That decision by Jake was entirely about making an internal hire who would keep the staff together, the recruiting momentum going, and keep the program on it's existing trajectory. There was not a shred of "rebuild" in it.

Well then. Had Mac gutted the entire staff what then?

We won 8 games in 2012 with Nassib (a 3 year starter).

You expected 9 wins with Hunt in 2013?

You expected 10 wins without Hunt in 2014?

Makes sense. :crazy:

You'll be disappointed when we don't win a National Championship next season.

It's interesting why some here feel compelled to belittle & condescend others if they do not share one's viewpoint. Not to mention, suggest things that the other didn't actually say.

Where did I say I expected 9 wins with Hunt in '13 or 10 wins in'14? I was responding to a poster's remark where I simply asked that it was my understanding that SS was hired after DM to keep things stable, as is, in the same onward direction...status quo. His response was people should be fired expecting that. We went 8-5 in '12, so 7 wins is within the same realm of maintaining that state. 3-9 was not, and 3-9 again or 4-8 isn't either. If maintaining the status quo was unacceptable, then certainly failing to even meet that would be so too, right?

Your insertion of a :crazy:emoticon, and nonsensical national championship remark portrays your condescendence...hopefully, it may also brings you the satisfaction that you're apparently seeking here.

Come on you know better then that. P came in with a pretty good team already there and didn't need to replace the entire staff. Marrone took most of the staff with him to buffalo which really burned most of the diehard fans. Shafer had to start from scratch with a staff and recruiting. Marrone had nassib shafer had hunt. Not even close to the same from a performance standpoint. By the time Marrone left he exhausted most of the playmakers eligibility. Marrone even had Mike Williams, and delone carter. Comparing p to shafer isn't on the same level.

In your opinion. Dig that avi tho

Not an opinion. The fact is when DM left he had a .500 record, period. SS's record is currently 13-19. It's quite possible to end up 13-24 or 14-23 at season's end. That would be objective, not subjective. If that indeed ends up the case, I don't see how that winning percentage is objectively better, let alone maintaining the status quo.

I am not anti SS, you will not find any posts of mine eluding to same or calling for his firing. Only that going by the most important criterion, W's, his record is sub-par, and with no proven track record previously from a hc standpoint, it remains to be seen if he's the guy.

Well then. Had Mac gutted the entire staff what then?

I know he took Fears, Gerber (DC), and Uryus (STC) with him, that's 4 to NE.

Edsall quit.

Bill Maxwell, asst HC went to Hobart as HC.

One a 10 coach staff, 6 left the program at the end of the 90 season.

Last edited:
orangecuse said:
Not an opinion. The fact is when DM left he had a .500 record, period. SS's record is currently 13-19. It's quite possible to end up 13-24 or 14-23 at season's end. That would be objective, not subjective. If that indeed ends up the case, I don't see how that winning percentage is objectively better, let alone maintaining the status quo. I am not anti SS, you will not find any posts of mine eluding to same or calling for his firing. Only that going by the most important criterion, W's, his record is sub-par, and with no proven track record previously from a hc standpoint, it remains to be seen if he's the guy.

If Shafer had the benefit of two FCS programs and a SOS in the 100+ range in his second year, the tone around here would probably be different.

orangecuse said:
Not an opinion. The fact is when DM left he had a .500 record, period. SS's record is currently 13-19. It's quite possible to end up 13-24 or 14-23 at season's end. That would be objective, not subjective. If that indeed ends up the case, I don't see how that winning percentage is objectively better, let alone maintaining the status quo. I am not anti SS, you will not find any posts of mine eluding to same or calling for his firing. Only that going by the most important criterion, W's, his record is sub-par, and with no proven track record previously from a hc standpoint, it remains to be seen if he's the guy.

One thing that keeps getting lost in this discussion is the ideas that a continuity hire is just about W-L record. There is so much more to running a football program that Gross could have seen as "heading in the right direction"...

Come on you know better then that. P came in with a pretty good team already there and didn't need to replace the entire staff. Marrone took most of the staff with him to buffalo which really burned most of the diehard fans. Shafer had to start from scratch with a staff and recruiting. Marrone had nassib shafer had hunt. Not even close to the same from a performance standpoint. By the time Marrone left he exhausted most of the playmakers eligibility. Marrone even had Mike Williams, and delone carter. Comparing p to shafer isn't on the same level.

P had to replace 6 out of ten coaches. 4 went to NE, including Mac, two left on their own.

Shafer had to replace 7 out of ten, 6 went to Buffalo, including Marrone, one left on his own.

How did Shafer have to start from scratch in recruiting? Taking a quick look Allen (TCU), Edwards (Miami), and Carter(Rutgers) left because of the transition. Did they lose some guys, yeah, but starting from scratch?

Malik Brown flipped to Missouri on signing day, not sure how that has anything to do with Marrone.

As for QB, Marrone had returning starter Cameron Dantley, a P recruited preferred walkon, Andy Robinson, and a two star wing T redshirt freshmen Nassib. He wasn't the QB that they developed over four years then. The QB situation was such that they went and got Greg Paulus, remember that?

Hunt went 7-4.

As for running backs, Brinkley (a P recruit) graduated after a 11oo yd season, Hogue was the leading returning rusher with 230 yds, followed by Bailey with 220, and Carter with 126.

Shafer got Smith, 1174, and Gully 825, with two more years left backed up by Moore and Broyld and Morris and MacFarlane redshirting. Those two got 330 and 290 respective as the third and fourth RB as RSF.

As for Mike Williams, he wasn't even in the program. And why not mention the defense?

As for the conditions of the program when P took over vs Shafer, yeah just a little bit different.

P had to replace 6 out of ten coaches. 4 went to NE, including Mac, two left on their own.

Shafer had to replace 7 out of ten, 6 went to Buffalo, including Marrone, one left on his own.

How did Shafer have to start from scratch in recruiting? Taking a quick look Allen (TCU), Edwards (Miami), and Carter(Rutgers) left because of the transition. Did they lose some guys, yeah, but starting from scratch?

Malik Brown flipped to Missouri on signing day, not sure how that has anything to do with Marrone.

As for QB, Marrone had returning starter Cameron Dantley, a P recruited preferred walkon, Andy Robinson, and a two star wing T redshirt freshmen Nassib. He wasn't the QB that they developed over four years then. The QB situation was such that they went and got Greg Paulus, remember that?

Hunt went 7-4.

As for running backs, Brinkley (a P recruit) graduated after a 11oo yd season, Hogue was the leading returning rusher with 230 yds, followed by Bailey with 220, and Carter with 126.

Shafer got Smith, 1174, and Gully 825, with two more years left backed up by Moore and Broyld and Morris and MacFarlane redshirting. Those two got 330 and 290 respective as the third and fourth RB as RSF.

As for Mike Williams, he wasn't even in the program. And why not mention the defense?

As for the conditions of the program when P took over vs Shafer, yeah just a little bit different.
I'm really over you. There was an article just today that said how nassib was lighting up the grob defenses as a freshman and was good enough to play then. Marrone trying to sell tickets chose Paulus over nassib and dantley. Now I'm sick of arguing with you so let's just leave at this. I'm done posting anything in your direction and you will stop posting anything towards me. I'm sure the other twenty guys you're arguing with will more then fill your need to quote and blast. You are finally blocked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom