College Gameday Feature on Cuse | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

College Gameday Feature on Cuse

But does Babers like living in snowy Syracuse? He’s from Hawaii and Texas. If he only sees this as a steppingstone then it’s just a matter of when.

Give me enough money and I'll be comfortable in Syracuse now that they have these things called airplanes.

A stepping stone is something along a path you want to take. Stepping to the side or even backwards is not moving forward.

There are two possibilities for Babers, moving up to one of the traditional big powers and moving sideways to a school that wants to significantly improve its results.

The successful schools don't need his skill set.

The not-successful schools are fraught with risk.

As Boeheim said, there's only two seasons in Syracuse. Summer, which is great, and Basketball.

I wouldn't think he wants to spend his entire head coaching career rebuilding programs. At some point - especially with his age - he's going to want to enjoy the fruits of the labor and try to win a championship with a program he's built up.
In the best , or one of the best, divisions in college football. He could go to a more prestigious program but he won't face better competition. Personally, I think he stays.

A school like Tennessee or USC would take him right now if he brings SU to a bowl. These are successful schools in fertile grounds that have simply had a few down years. Turning them around probably carries less risk and more upside. Yes the expectations are different there but for what they’d offer him it wouldn’t matter.

And if Babers leads SU to a string of 2-3 winning seasons you can bet schools like Clemson will be interested.

The only things going for SU are his age and wildhack. At 57 he may only have one more stop on his way to retirement. And John will hopefully give Dino 95% of what he asks.

Watching that game was like being at a Wake. The Shanked extra point to tie was classic Coach P/Syracuse. One of the most frustrating SU games of all time.

100% the worst. I remember being at Tully's dumbfounded that Cuse lost to Temple because of missed extra point. (and an inability to stop the QB draw) My thought has always been that game was the end of Syracuse football that we remembered since 1985.

I was at that game. Awful to travel that far to watch. Almost as bad was the road trip to Miami (OH).

I made both of those roadtrips too. That Miami of OH one was crazy. We came in the "back way" and it was insane...cornfield, cornfield, cornfield...football stadium

The best part of going into this game is that I have no feeling of dread that is typical with similar build ups to a big game. Regardless of W or L, we will show well and give them our best shot.

I think national media is recognizing that difference as well. The team will compete.

A school like Tennessee or USC would take him right now if he brings SU to a bowl. These are successful schools in fertile grounds that have simply had a few down years. Turning them around probably carries less risk and more upside. Yes the expectations are different there but for what they’d offer him it wouldn’t matter.

And if Babers leads SU to a string of 2-3 winning seasons you can bet schools like Clemson will be interested.

The only things going for SU are his age and wildhack. At 57 he may only have one more stop on his way to retirement. And John will hopefully give Dino 95% of what he asks.

Tennessee is a losing program (62-63) over the previous 10 years. Not sure it’s accurate to call them a successful program with a few down years. Rich history but it’s more than a few down years at this point. Crazy fan support which helps, but can also hurt. They’ve been absolutely brutal on coaches.

Tennessee is a losing program (62-63) over the previous 10 years. Not sure it’s accurate to call them a successful program with a few down years. Rich history but it’s more than a few down years at this point. Crazy fan support which helps, but can also hurt. They’ve been absolutely brutal on coaches.

They are still paying off Butch, they arent going to fire Pruitt and pay him too. He is there three years AT LEAST. Fulmer isnt going to hire Dino. He will hire himself before he would do that.

Give me enough money and I'll be comfortable in Syracuse now that they have these things called airplanes.
At some point it’s not about money. He hangs out in the dark horse saloon - one of y’all should case the joint and strike up a conversation pretending you don’t know him. After 3 rounds we’ll know the truth.

raises hand ... I was your staunch P guy at the time.

but were you hyping opposing players to ridiculous skill sets to help your pro P agenda? Some on this board were. It was the exact opposite of Igor RE: Boeheim. Iggy has an anti JB agenda so he inflates the 9/10 guys on the bench to all star status

But does Babers like living in snowy Syracuse? He’s from Hawaii and Texas. If he only sees this as a steppingstone then it’s just a matter of when.
Who knows. I know people in the south that love the idea of snow because they haven't really had it. I know people that moved away from CNY and miss the snow. I moved to a warmer climate and only ever miss it the slightest bit around Christmas.

In Syracuse he doesn't as much as the northern counties and he can certainly afford to pay for snow removal. That certainly lightens the blow. And summers in CNY are pretty nice.

Who knows. I know people in the south that love the idea of snow because they haven't really had it. I know people that moved away from CNY and miss the snow. I moved to a warmer climate and only ever miss it the slightest bit around Christmas.

In Syracuse he doesn't as much as the northern counties and he can certainly afford to pay for snow removal. That certainly lightens the blow. And summers in CNY are pretty nice.
I know people who grew up in Florida, came to Boston for school or work and would never move back to Florida because they love the change of seasons.

but were you hyping opposing players to ridiculous skill sets to help your pro P agenda? Some on this board were. It was the exact opposite of Igor RE: Boeheim. Iggy has an anti JB agenda so he inflates the 9/10 guys on the bench to all star status

hahaha not that bad, but that Washington guy was a handful, wasn't he?? :rolleyes:

At one time, Urban Meyer had the gimmicky offense that the factories wouldn't be interested in. Then he won NC's at Florida and OSU. I think Dino staying will be more about him liking where he is and getting to experience stability for the first time in his career more than the factories not being interested.

Like I said before. I'm not gonna worry about it. First, it's premature. Second, it saps all the fun out of any success we end up having.

I know people who grew up in Florida, came to Boston for school or work and would never move back to Florida because they love the change of seasons.
I think sometimes you crave what you didn't grow up with. For me, I'll never be sad about not experiencing another hard winter as long as I live.

As much as i love this i have a sick feeling in my stomach. I Cannot stop thinking about Dino’s replacement. I felt strongly we should go all in w Dino last year and give big extension (5 more years whatever he wanted ) with really large buyout. I guess it’s oossible that occurred since we are private and do not need to report but i sense that did not occur... i know enjoy ride and might not have mattered but large buyout would have helped with next hire.

Buffalo coach and Sean Lewis are 2 coaches i am watching. Lewis would be easy not so sure about bufffalo coach. He might have a ton of options.

Why do people do this to themselves? Enjoy the game and season and let it all play out. An extension would not prevent him or his staff from moving on if that is his plan. I believe he stays long term if he can get some more fans in the Dome. His offense was made for the Dome. Now the fans just need to come and support him and the team.

I scheduled mine on a fall Saturday. Missed an SU game. I survived. Couldn’t have asked for better weather.

I’m not a fan of 95 degree July weddings.

Same.
If Coach P beats Temple and Walter Washington in 2004 then SU goes to a BCS game in the Fiesta Bowl and Robinson is never hired.
a game of inches indeed

If Coach P beats Temple and Walter Washington in 2004 then SU goes to a BCS game in the Fiesta Bowl and Robinson is never hired.

And right after Temples WW1, Syracuse football goes into a deep depression.

I made both of those roadtrips too. That Miami of OH one was crazy. We came in the "back way" and it was insane...cornfield, cornfield, cornfield...football stadium

That’s what she said?

USC has won 10-11 games past two seasons as well. Finished 3ed in 2016 and 11th in 2017..Lets let their season play out as well before we fire their coach.

I wasn't firing them. Their own east coast alumni base was.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom