College Gameday Feature on Cuse | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

College Gameday Feature on Cuse

I'm not sure where he lives, but he probably doesn't have to drive that far. The worst for me was when I lived in Oswego County and had a 25 mile drive to East Syracuse to work everyday. If he's near campus, it's not nearly as bad.

I've encountered way worse driving conditions since living in Tennessee than I ever had in CNY. I never drove on ice until I moved here. They just don't have a clue or want to invest the money in maintaining safe roads in the south during any type of frozen precipitation.

He lives in DeWitt. Laughs at what's considered traffic and doesn't think the snow is bad.

3 to 4 hours to drive 10 miles in LA sounds dreamy.

what did they say? you know, in between the 15 minutes of commercials every half hour
They all love what Dino is doing
All agree we cover the spread and have a chance at winning
If we want to truly turn the corner winning this game is huge
They all agree we are a good team
Gringo thinks we lose by 14-17
Golic seemed a little more optimistic we can win
Overall had a very positive vibe to it

Isn't Dino on recruiting trips down south during the bad part of the winter?

You guys saying he wouldn't leave, or why would he want to leave? Are you guys generally ambitious? In life? in your career? If Dino makes 2.5M now and a Tenn offers him $5M a year guaranteed for 4 years. Why wouldn't he take the job? There are reasons of course, but confident guys/women love a challenge. Some even have the mantra, that if they fail they fail, it. At least he gets a $20M parachute to fall back on.

And they dont have to worry about finding "another job". The good ol boy coaching network, where everyone is dying to get the band back together all but guarantees them a new gig, ON TOP OF THEIR previously guaranteed money.

Its the same reason Clemson gets 3 4-5 star QBs a cycle. They all think THEY ARE THE MAN, and will be the victor. Its a mindset of successful people.

I would not get to worried about Dino leaving right now.

Our AD loves and supports him, as well as the football programs growth. We’ve seen our staff grow, dome renovations announced, game day and attendance improvement (this year) in the short time Wildhack’s been AD. Dino’s arrived in Syracuse during a rennassaince for the football program and an increasingly growing crack in the university vault.

This program offers his offense a weather controlled dome. Despite the lack of sell out crowds, the home field advantage is undeniable. In just 3 years we’ve toppled 3 of the 4 ACC powers. Miami’s lucked out, they can’t hide from the dome forever. Hopefully attendance continues growing this year and we close out averaging 37-40,500. That’d be a great show of growth despite nation wide struggle.

Hopefully a donor base grows alongside a winning team as this year marches towards conclusion. A lot changes imo if we make and win a bowl.

We win this game on the road or even come close, the last 3 crowds for the Dome will be much bigger and I predict that we will be in an article on increase in attendance.

You guys saying he wouldn't leave, or why would he want to leave? Are you guys generally ambitious? In life? in your career? If Dino makes 2.5M now and a Tenn offers him $5M a year guaranteed for 4 years. Why wouldn't he take the job? There are reasons of course, but confident guys/women love a challenge. Some even have the mantra, that if they fail they fail, it. At least he gets a $20M parachute to fall back on.

And they dont have to worry about finding "another job". The good ol boy coaching network, where everyone is dying to get the band back together all but guarantees them a new gig, ON TOP OF THEIR previously guaranteed money.

Its the same reason Clemson gets 3 4-5 star QBs a cycle. They all think THEY ARE THE MAN, and will be the victor. Its a mindset of successful people.
Some people will leave for the money, but there are lots of examples of professionals accepting lower pay in their fields because they make enough money where they are and prioritize different factors. In my field, physical therapy, the outpatient setting is generally lower paying, yet that is where most people want to work.

that doesn't make a person ambitious. greedy but not ambitious.

ambition is making a 3-9 team for that last decade into a perennial power.

if its money he seeks... pay this man his money.

images

I would not get to worried about Dino leaving right now.

Our AD loves and supports him, as well as the football programs growth. We’ve seen our staff grow, dome renovations announced, game day and attendance improvement (this year) in the short time Wildhack’s been AD. Dino’s arrived in Syracuse during a rennassaince for the football program and an increasingly growing crack in the university vault.

This program offers his offense a weather controlled dome. Despite the lack of sell out crowds, the home field advantage is undeniable. In just 3 years we’ve toppled 3 of the 4 ACC powers. Miami’s lucked out, they can’t hide from the dome forever. Hopefully attendance continues growing this year and we close out averaging 37-40,500. That’d be a great show of growth despite nation wide struggle.

Hopefully a donor base grows alongside a winning team as this year marches towards conclusion. A lot changes imo if we make and win a bowl.

Lets win tomorrow and then all donate in dollars the amount of points we score.

He lives in DeWitt. Laughs at what's considered traffic and doesn't think the snow is bad.

3 to 4 hours to drive 10 miles in LA sounds dreamy.
I was under the impression he lived near Camillus.

They all love what Dino is doing
All agree we cover the spread and have a chance at winning
If we want to truly turn the corner winning this game is huge
They all agree we are a good team
Gringo thinks we lose by 14-17
Golic seemed a little more optimistic we can win
Overall had a very positive vibe to it

thanks, just listened to it on the ESPN site, they definitely had very positive things to say. none of them thought we would win, but they all agreed that we are a good team. hell, just hearing talking heads say we are a good football team is refreshing

I've said it before. If Dino gets Syracuse back to where it was when MacPherson left, he's in the Hall of Fame. He'll have a new dome. Wins get fans. He'll be a local hero and we'll pay him what the market will dictate. If your making 4 mil a year under those circumstances, why would you leave? For Tennessee? Knoxville is nothing but sweat, bugs and headaches?

We got some good run on Golic and Wingo this morning.
Actually just saw Golic and his son in Detroit airport. They are going right where I came from, South Bend. I went and visited the campus when in for work, amazing campus and stadium. I wish we were playing in south bend this year, I would be there in a heart beat.

Was just watching CFB live, and they just mentioned how on college game day there will be a story about "A Family Affair". It is about Dino coaching his son-in-law. Can't wait to watch it.

Was just watching CFB live, and they just mentioned how on college game day there will be a story about "A Family Affair". It is about Dino coaching his son-in-law. Can't wait to watch it.

ah there you go, the subject of the story that started this thread has now been revealed. will have to DVR it, I can't sit through 3 hours of Gameday without my head exploding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom