College Gameday Feature on Cuse | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

College Gameday Feature on Cuse

A school like Tennessee or USC would take him right now if he brings SU to a bowl. These are successful schools in fertile grounds that have simply had a few down years. Turning them around probably carries less risk and more upside. Yes the expectations are different there but for what they’d offer him it wouldn’t matter.

And if Babers leads SU to a string of 2-3 winning seasons you can bet schools like Clemson will be interested.

The only things going for SU are his age and wildhack. At 57 he may only have one more stop on his way to retirement. And John will hopefully give Dino 95% of what he asks.

I think this is Dino's last stop. Word around the campfire is he and his family love the area. Upstate NY is one of the most beautiful places in the world andhe digs it. Also, i think as nice as the socal weather is, USC is an overrated job. Its in a pro town, isn't what it was 10-20 years ago and if you like being 3rd or 4th priority in town, then have at it...

I think this is Dino's last stop. Word around the campfire is he and his family love the area. Upstate NY is one of the most beautiful places in the world andhe digs it. Also, i think as nice as the socal weather is, USC is an overrated job. Its in a pro town, isn't what it was 10-20 years ago and if you like being 3rd or 4th priority in town, then have at it...
USC isn’t going to open up but if that job did and they wanted Dino he would go in a minute.
It would be completely justifiable as well.
The recruiting base of So. Cal plus history/support system in place is exactly what any coach would need to win a NC.
USC is a top 10 college football job:
I don’t think Dino would leave for a lateral job but if a good job is open he could leave. I am not sweating it as I want to enjoy this season. If our coach is good and he moves on it means the program is trending up.

USC isn’t going to open up but if that job did and they wanted Dino he would go in a minute.
It would be completely justifiable as well.
The recruiting base of So. Cal plus history/support system in place is exactly what any coach would need to win a NC.
USC is a top 10 college football job:
I don’t think Dino would leave for a lateral job but if a good job is open he could leave. I am not sweating it as I want to enjoy this season. If our coach is good and he moves on it means the program is trending up.

Right on...let's enjoy the ride.

If our coach is good and he moves on it means the program is trending up.
We were trending up when FHCDM left and we know how that turned out. I’d need a guarantee from the AD that they’re committed to the Barbers/Briles coaching tree.

I think this is Dino's last stop. Word around the campfire is he and his family love the area.
What campfire? Unless you find him alone at the dark horse on a Wednesday night and knock back a few, the only peep who has insider knowledge is his wife.

he can certainly afford to pay for snow removal. That certainly lightens the blow.
He still has to drive in it. Hopefully he’s out recruiting the south in February because that’s the worst of it. The holidays help get through the front end; it’s the backend that seems to stretch for eternity when we have those longer winters. Thank god for El Niño this year.

This fanbase is so fng soft. Enjoy what we have going and stop worrying if we can hang onto the coach. This is getting ridiculous.
Soft? We’ve endured a generation of misery. We’re the ones left standing after the nuclear holcaust. 1 hypothetical mid tier bowl appearance this year won’t make up for that.

This program needs to enjoy a few years of sustained success to make SU synonymous with Babers’ uptempo style so that the only option is to find a successor from the same tree. This needs to be the start of another run like we had from 86-98. So yeah, the prospects of him pulling the rug out from this momentum is going to be the elephant in the room.

Soft my arse.

What campfire? Unless you find him alone at the dark horse on a Wednesday night and knock back a few, the only peep who has insider knowledge is his wife.

Ok, so Syracuse has zero alums close to the program that might get a nugget every so often...

Ok, so Syracuse has zero alums close to the program that might get a nugget every so often...
This isn’t basketball where cto and Jake have built up years of trust with the inner circle coaches.

This isn’t basketball where cto and Jake have built up years of trust with the inner circle coaches.

Ok, so we don't have any fans/donors in the know regarding football? Wake up, there is a "campfire" in every program...

Lmao iv been reading this forum religiously for a few years now and if there’s any poster I’ll legitimately listen to its ish and bnoro . Dino would be dumb to leave, although I understand money is money. As much as people cry about the snow are winters are really not bad especially compared to 10 years ago there’s things called coats and gloves to solve that problem. Secondly he has way to many toys next year to play with don’t forget the transfers... He’s in a great division with really only Clemson in his way for at least the next few years worse comes to worse this would be a completely different situation with wildhack manning the search versus Hollywood.. although I was nervous last year, I am definitely not wringing my hands this year Dino or not because either way we are now entering a very intriguing situation within the college landscape.. this place will be sexy option for up and coming coaches especially with the new dome.. again I have to say I don’t see him leaving although I understand the anxiety. the marrone debacle still haunts me.

He still has to drive in it. Hopefully he’s out recruiting the south in February because that’s the worst of it. The holidays help get through the front end; it’s the backend that seems to stretch for eternity when we have those longer winters. Thank god for El Niño this year.
I'm not sure where he lives, but he probably doesn't have to drive that far. The worst for me was when I lived in Oswego County and had a 25 mile drive to East Syracuse to work everyday. If he's near campus, it's not nearly as bad.

I've encountered way worse driving conditions since living in Tennessee than I ever had in CNY. I never drove on ice until I moved here. They just don't have a clue or want to invest the money in maintaining safe roads in the south during any type of frozen precipitation.

I'm not sure where he lives, but he probably doesn't have to drive that far. The worst for me was when I lived in Oswego County and had a 25 mile drive to East Syracuse to work everyday. If he's near campus, it's not nearly as bad.

I've encountered way worse driving conditions since living in Tennessee than I ever had in CNY. I never drove on ice until I moved here. They just don't have a clue or want to invest the money in maintaining safe roads in the south during any type of frozen precipitation.

Agreed. It is waaaaay safer to drive in Syracuse in the winter than say Cincinnati or Hagerstown MD because Syracuse knows how and has the capability to keep the roads clear and safe. Midwest/southern cities do not and thus a dusting shuts the place down. This isn't a secret.

Agreed. It is waaaaay safer to drive in Syracuse in the winter than say Cincinnati or Hagerstown MD because Syracuse knows how and has the capability to keep the roads clear and safe. Midwest/southern cities do not and thus a dusting shuts the place down. This isn't a secret.
PA even, or at least in my area, seems to forget we get winter here. Shouldn’t be surprising, yet somehow every year it’s a shock.

My father in law grew up in Georgia and North Carolina. Hates it there. Especially in the winter. Everything is gray. It’s not Florida. I’m about 2 percent worried Dino goes to a California or Texas school. That’s about it.

We have traffic cones now. We'll set up a ring.

Welcome to Fine Mess Club. The first rule of Fine Mess Club is: you do not talk about Fine Mess Club. The second rule of Fine Mess Club: you DO NOT talk about Fine Mess Club!
I'm counting on you to help, if im remembering correctly dude got 20 years on me. Plan to ply him with some of Cusenewbies moonshine, shove a few brats down his throat to soften him up for the kill....

I’ve seen bnoro in his prime or at his worst depending on point of view

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom