College Gameday Feature on Cuse | Syracusefan.com

College Gameday Feature on Cuse

As much as i love this i have a sick feeling in my stomach. I Cannot stop thinking about Dino’s replacement. I felt strongly we should go all in w Dino last year and give big extension (5 more years whatever he wanted ) with really large buyout. I guess it’s oossible that occurred since we are private and do not need to report but i sense that did not occur... i know enjoy ride and might not have mattered but large buyout would have helped with next hire.

Buffalo coach and Sean Lewis are 2 coaches i am watching. Lewis would be easy not so sure about bufffalo coach. He might have a ton of options.

Starting to catch the attention of the national media. Need to capitalize.

This is SUCH a huge opportunity; a once in a lifetime thing. If they could somehow win this game, the sky is the limit for this season. It could be 1987 or one of the Marvin Graves / Donovan McNabb years all over again. I hope we give it our best shot, don't do anything too dumb, and have a little luck on our side.

This is SUCH a huge opportunity; a once in a lifetime thing. If they could somehow win this game, the sky is the limit for this season. It could be 1987 or one of the Marvin Graves / Donovan McNabb years all over again. I hope we give it our best shot, don't do anything too dumb, and have a little luck on our side.
We can’t be kicking field goals from the 5 yard line. Have to score touchdowns when the chances are there. A flawless game would be epic.

We can’t be kicking field goals from the 5 yard line. Have to score touchdowns when the chances are there. A flawless game would be epic.

Well, I think he wanted to give the O line confidence by pounding it right at UConn those two times down close, and they came up short, because the calls were so predictable. You have to slip the end out for a sideline pass off the fake into the line.

Do it on second down. Works every time, at every level, especially if you roll out the QB. Defenses expect it on third. On second, they think you're going to try to move the line again.

As much as i love this i have a sick feeling in my stomach. I Cannot stop thinking about Dino’s replacement. I felt strongly we should go all in w Dino last year and give big extension (5 more years whatever he wanted ) with really large buyout. I guess it’s oossible that occurred since we are private and do not need to report but i sense that did not occur... i know enjoy ride and might not have mattered but large buyout would have helped with next hire.

Buffalo coach and Sean Lewis are 2 coaches i am watching. Lewis would be easy not so sure about bufffalo coach. He might have a ton of options.

Do you think he scoops Koda's dad out of Texas if he is gone in a year? I bet there is something in place. Probably got done after Florida State. Just hoping here. It would help if the fair weather fans show up for the rest of the home games.

Do you think he scoops Koda's dad out of Texas if he is gone in a year? I bet there is something in place. Probably got done after Florida State. Just hoping here. It would help if the fair weather fans show up for the rest of the home games.

Kirk Martin is already our QBs coach. Or am I misunderstanding what you are saying?

A little pub from College Gameday and I have a wedding? Last time this happened it was VT 62-0.

Saturday, that curse will be broken and the bad taste will be forgotten.

Go Cuse!!!

Oh and Jen, here in Syracuse our woman don't need to shave their armpits as they are beautiful inside and out.

He takes his entire coaching staff with him from school to school so unfortunately Kirk Martin means nearly nothing coming to Cuse

A little pub from College Gameday and I have a wedding? Last time this happened it was VT 62-0.

Saturday, that curse will be broken and the bad taste will be forgotten.

Go Cuse!!!

Oh and Jen, here in Syracuse our woman don't need to shave their armpits as they are beautiful inside and out.

I'll never understand people that schedule weddings on Saturdays in September and October.

I gave my wife a list of about 7 Saturdays that were available.

I'll never understand people that schedule weddings on Saturdays in September and October.

Seriously! There are 12 games - that leaves 40 others to do weddings - well minus whenever we have a basketball game...

Who knows guys he may stay.

If not, it should be all in for UB’s coach

I scheduled mine on a fall Saturday. Missed an SU game. I survived. Couldn’t have asked for better weather.

I’m not a fan of 95 degree July weddings.

Who knows guys he may stay.

If not, it should be all in for UB’s coach
If you go that route, it's complete rebuild time. Stop me if you've heard this before, but we'll be full of players, not fitting into the new coaches offense. Sean Lewis has that Babers system, and that Babers swag. I think it would be a more seamless transition.

Starting to catch the attention of the national media. Need to capitalize.
Watching College Football Live right now. (Haven't watched in years, but now that we're getting on the verge of relevance, I can watch again), and the panel is discussing the spread vs Clemson. Both Pollack, and Desmond Howard say the line is waaaaaaaaaaayyyyy too high. Desmond stated, "Aint no party like a Dino Babers Party, cause a Dino Babers party don't stop." Not much more insight than that, but the shoutout to Dino was nice. Pollack pointed out that Dino was able to score on that same D-line last year, and feels we'll make a game of it."
It's starting to snowball folks. Holly moley what a win this weekend, or even a close game would do to our national perception this weekend.

I scheduled mine on a fall Saturday. Missed an SU game. I survived. Couldn’t have asked for better weather.

I’m not a fan of 95 degree July weddings.

agreed, especially in a church.

As silly as i'd like to think that the guy is set up perfectly here for his system, i'm not naive. Money is money, and when someone backs up the brinks truck and makes you an offer you can't refuse, then all things are off.

So I know it's something small but I think it's worth noting that when people talk about Babers it's not like the guy's name rolls off the tongue. I would argue that his success, style and epic locker room videos are still as much " Syracuse" as they are Dino Babers.

Case in point talking with hardcore PSU fans given I live in PSU country and many HS friends went to state college, they all refer to him as the Syracuse coach, not Babers or Dino. The ACC knows him as do the fans but it's not like people are throwing his name around yet like Frost or Hermann. Sure people are noticing but we are blowing I beyond proportion in terms of just how much they are talking beyond the ACC. And yes I'm primarily talking about fans, but still. His success is still coming branded with SU not just a Dino rebuild of some middling program. I think identity matters and it's worth noting when you look at where we expect he will be for the coming years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom