Cordy NOT transferring | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Cordy NOT transferring

Who the hell here is saying that we should have kept Shafer because we might lose kids? I know I'm certainly not. Literally the only thing I'm saying is that Cordy publicly said he's transferring, and there are other kids talking about doing the same. That's it. Nothing more.

Shafer's name hasn't come up virtually at all in this thread. But nice rant.
Hi. Go read post 24 of the first page where somebody said Shafer was screwed. I would say more to you but its not needed.

Thank you have a nice day.

1. It's completely understandable why any player would feel like transferring. I don't begrudge them at all.

2. It's nuts to do anything before a new coach is announced.

3. Changing coaches causes these blips in recruiting that hurt the program down the road. Risk is risky.

1. It's completely understandable why any player would feel like transferring. I don't begrudge them at all.

2. It's nuts to do anything before a new coach is announced.

3. Changing coaches causes these blips in recruiting that hurt the program down the road. Risk is risky.
Agree with all of this.

How about you two don't start this first thing in the morning.
I was nice and didn't call out anybody by name. Then when someone comes at me and I will be more specific. I definitely didn't bring it and thought I was nice in just saying as little as possible in my response just now.

I was nice and didn't call out anybody by name. Then when someone comes at me and I will be more specific. I definitely didn't bring it and thought I was nice in just saying as little as possible in my response just now.
No one 'came at you'. You talk as is someone pulled a knife on you. It's an internet board. People are going to disagree.

Riiiiight.

This IS his twitter, by the way. And yes, he did tweet he's transferring and then delete the tweet.

If true, then Good bye Mr. Cordy. Not the right guy for the program. Any kid that leaves due to a coach is not the right guy for SU. All these kids are worried about being recruited over, and rightfully so. No player is bigger than the team. None. And that include Dungey, Clark, etc... if any of them leave. See ya. And best of luck in the future. In the words of the immortal soon-to-be former HCSS, "next man up."

Again that's not really what I meant. also all those qbs were big time recruits. Not really comparable to long Wilson Kimble hunt Mahoney ... What I'm saying is even Meyer would have struggled with the two three deep we have.

Meyer would never have the two deep we have. He can recruit.

We may lose a few kids for sure but we will gain a couple as well that never would have come here either with new staff. Seems crazy that a kid would transfer without even listening to new staff, which won't happen.

All part of changing coaches.. Kids are kids and at the end of the day, I don't see anyone on that roster who can't be replaced. I certainly expect and won't get worked up about losing a few players...

Again that's not really what I meant. also all those qbs were big time recruits. Not really comparable to long Wilson Kimble hunt Mahoney ... What I'm saying is even Meyer would have struggled with the two three deep we have.
Well that's not much of a stretch. I'm pretty confident he gets more than 3 wins out of this roster however. I'm also pretty sure that if Meyer was the guy those 3 wouldn't be on the roster. I'm just hopeful the new coach can upgrade the overall talent first and put it to better use than what we've seen lately. It's a fairly low hurdle so I'm optimistic at the moment.

I'm not a fan of kids leaving the program, just because. But to overlook the fact that these kids spend more time with these coaches than any human being in their life during their college careers, is wrong. They are provided stability and mentors, some of them, for the first time in their life. No surprise that a 20-year-old can be emotional.

No one 'came at you'. You talk as is someone pulled a knife on you. It's an internet board. People are going to disagree.
I can respect when people disagree. Honestly I can. I know people have different opinions if you read the post that Jekelish made not coming at me then I would agree to disagree.

That post called my post a rant. I was being nice and disagreeing with somebody else without calling them out by name. If disagreeing is a rant then both sides rant a lot. I get my tone can be annoying. I honestly get that. I am trying to fix it but the post was coming at me and not my point.

I can respect when people disagree. Honestly I can. I know people have different opinions if you read the post that Jekelish made not coming at me then I would agree to disagree.

That post called my post a rant. I was being nice and disagreeing with somebody else without calling them out by name. If disagreeing is a rant then both sides rant a lot. I get my tone can be annoying. I honestly get that. I am trying to fix it but the post was coming at me and not my point.
"That post called my post a rant". That's coming at you? OK.

"That post called my post a rant". That's coming at you? OK.
C'mon man. It is history. Jekelish has been a pro-SS guy. I have been a change guy. It has been pent up frustration from both sides over older posts. You are one top moderators IMO I thought you would get it with me having to be more specific. I don't want to get more specific I am trying to walk on egg shells without having to lay it all out.

C'mon man. It is history. Jekelish has been a pro-SS guy. I have been a change guy. It has been pent up frustration from both sides over older posts. You are one top moderators IMO I thought you would get it with me having to be more specific. I don't want to get more specific I am trying to walk on egg shells without having to lay it all out.
Lots of pent up frustrations on both sides for sure. We will have a new coach soon, let's all get around the campfire and sing some Kumbaya and maybe have some s'mores. :)

Agreed - I now the two of you are on opposite sides. Happens all the time. I just didn't think there was anything in his post about 'coming at you'. Just disagreeing. Peace

Dude, I have no clue what you're referring to that you'd feel the need to walk on egg shells. I guess I just don't hold on so tightly to disagreements on message boards.

And I most certainly didn't "come at you." I called it a rant? Oh, the horror. I rant all the time myself. Vigorously voicing your opinion is a rant in my eyes. Any negative connotations you attach to the word are on you.

And I do admit - I missed the post with the one dude saying Shafer was getting screwed. But that's one dude in an entire thread. I never said that Shafer got screwed. Did I want to see him get one more year? Sure, but I fully understand why the move was made, so I'd hardly say he got screwed, which seems to be the narrative you're going for in lumping me into the "Shafer got Screwed" camp despite the fact I have literally never said he "got screwed."

Let it go, dude. I've moved on and am looking forward to seeing who the next coach will be at this point while wishing Shafer well. Maybe you should try doing the same.

Dude, I have no clue what you're referring to that you'd feel the need to walk on egg shells. I guess I just don't hold on so tightly to disagreements on message boards.

And I most certainly didn't "come at you." I called it a rant? Oh, the horror. I rant all the time myself. Vigorously voicing your opinion is a rant in my eyes. Any negative connotations you attach to the word are on you.

And I do admit - I missed the post with the one dude saying Shafer was getting screwed. But that's one dude in an entire thread. I never said that Shafer got screwed. Did I want to see him get one more year? Sure, but I fully understand why the move was made, so I'd hardly say he got screwed, which seems to be the narrative you're going for in lumping me into the "Shafer got Screwed" camp despite the fact I have literally never said he "got screwed."

Let it go, dude. I've moved on and am looking forward to seeing who the next coach will be at this point while wishing Shafer well. Maybe you should try doing the same.
All I will say is when I made my post I wasn't talking about you. I was responding to the post I told you I was actually trying to be nice and respond to that person without directly responding to them so as to avoid exactly what happened. You responded to my post as you said by missing whom I responding too. If that did not happen none of this would have occurred. It is not my fault you missed that post.

The rest is irrelevant. We are getting change have a nice day.

[/ATTACH]
just relax giphy.gif
chiropractor.gif

The right hire will resolve much of this talk and if we lose some then we do. HCSS was right, next man up! Besides, transferring is not that easy. Let's all just chill and wait for the new hire announcement!

Attrition is part of changing coaches. We will lose some kids to transfers and lose some recruits. That's a given.

The key is to find a way to hang onto the very best of them, your Dungey's your Clarks, your Ishmael's. The vast majority of our roster isn't good enough to worry about losing. We are a 3 win team in back to back seasons for a reason, and talent is a big part of that.

Hopefully we get a new guy in here quickly (Frost?) and he can show the kids the system he wants to bring in and pump in some excitement to the program and possibly bring in some guys we never expected on the recruiting trail.