Cordy NOT transferring | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Cordy NOT transferring

Maybe I'll go back and find the thread later and I misinterpreted. No time to do it now. I just remember the whole thing came off as odd and I certainly wasn't the only one who thought so.
Well that's terrific, you and anyone else was wrong. All I was doing was relaying that some folks were thinking about transferring. No threats. I did say that I wondered if it would be taken into consideration in the grand scheme, but I never, ever said it should be a deciding factor. Just that it WAS something to think about.

jekelish said:
Well that's terrific, you and anyone else was wrong. All I was doing was relaying that some folks were thinking about transferring. No threats. I did say that I wondered if it would be taken into consideration in the grand scheme, but I never, ever said it should be a deciding factor. Just that it WAS something to think about.
There is one thing i'll say and i have no idea about who will transfer and who wont and whatever
BUT
the whole lot of young kids whose parents/families are all over twitter seems that this is going down a road that will not end well

There is one thing i'll say and i have no idea about who will transfer and who wont and whatever
BUT
the whole lot of young kids whose parents/families are all over twitter seems that this is going down a road that will not end well
It's a business. They know that when they sign the LOI. Beat Pitt and UVa and the staff is still here next year

BUT
If kids transfer then they do. The decision on shaf was made for the future because what is happening now isn't working.

People are acting like shaf is the only coach that has a personal relationship with kids. What about all the kids who choose other schools over SU? They had stronger relationships with other coaches. It's not just shaf or Adams or whoever is on staff right now.

At the end of the day it's about a football program and getting it better.

Pearl309 said:
BUT

Honestly who cares? Maybe those kids should have dug down and got a stop against Pitt or Virginia at the end of those games.

SYR2RDU said:
If kids transfer then they do. The decision on shaf was made for the future because what is happening now isn't working. People are acting like shaf is the only coach that has a personal relationship with kids. What about all the kids who choose other schools over SU? They had stronger relationships with other coaches. It's not just shaf or Adams or whoever is on staff right now. At the end of the day it's about a football program and getting it better.

I dont think anyone is understanding what im saying. There are these kids and families expressing strong opinions on twitter and as we all know, families interacting with fans does not end well at all. Theyve already left this site and if they hate the hire or do decide to transfer it is going to get UGLY

NKR1978 said:
Honestly who cares? Maybe those kids should have dug down and got a stop against Pitt or Virginia at the end of those games.
I dont give a , im laid up in a hospital having just had my appendix out watching a horribly played football game and bored

I dont think anyone is understanding what im saying. There are these kids and families expressing strong opinions on twitter and as we all know, families interacting with fans does not end well at all. Theyve already left this site and if they hate the hire or do decide to transfer it is going to get UGLY
Again, stay off social media if you don't want to deal with immature

orangenauburn said:
Again, stay off social media if you don't want to deal with immature . . . .
I give up

I dont give a . . . . , im laid up in a hospital having just had my appendix out watching a horribly played football game and bored
Relax... they're in the lead. :)

P.S.: Dino sends get well wishes!

I wish we could refrain from the comments along the lines of "Oh well, we don't need him anyway" and "We'll just bring in a better player now" and "He shouldn't have been playing in the first place" and so forth.

It's a bad look.

Yeah just saying oh well is just dumb. Cordy is a good player with experience in an already thin area. We can't afford to lose players. That's plain and simple.

Pearl309 said:
I dont give a . . . . , im laid up in a hospital having just had my appendix out watching a horribly played football game and bored

Hope you feel better. This game could put you to sleep at least.

Got to the dome at the end of the 1st qtr and new nothing if Cordy till I saw jakes post. That sucks. Kid was our best player back there.

Got to the dome at the end of the 1st qtr and new nothing if Cordy till I saw jakes post. That sucks. Kid was our best player back there.
Glad you made it buddy. Go orange

I'm worried about Cordy. Making that statement now tells me it's likely he has no plan.

If Tisdale comes here, it's most likely not to play defense.
I just see that build and I think Shmarko. But the truth is if the new HC can land Tisdale he could be a upgrade and multiple positions.

He's really leaving? God damnit the kids one of our most talented/our most talented DB. Impressed the hell out of Les too. This one hurts, but nonetheless this is a business and he's just a kid. I hope he succeeds in his future ventures.

Do people realize how F'ed up and in control schools are in transfer process.

Go look at the Utah State basketball player. The school won't release him. He can go to another school but he can't contact that school's coaches until he transfer and pays his own way for one year.

I am sure we will some kids but they won't be released until a new staff is hired and can try to talk to them and if the kid wants to leave I am sure we will give them a release. However, nobody on this roster is worth having an extra year just to keep an over his head HC for another year.

The Scott Shafer was screwed brigade are in living in an echo chamber if they believe his dismissal wasn't just.

Facts.
SS had a 4 year contract not 5 year. This was year 3 and any AD that was going to extend a HC with a 13-23 record would be mocked. SS couldn't be given an extension. The man couldn't coach as a lame duck thus removal was the correct decision.

Scott Shafer had no opportunities on the horizon to be a HC before SU gave them the job. He was given his break to be a HC by SU. He was not screwed. If he comes back next year. Our best case scenario is 6-6 but I would expect 3-9/4-8 and he gets fired then.

We actually have an optimistic future with a new HC. It is so frustrating reading a man got screwed who shouldn't have been HC in the first place. We had a Gerg year last year and Gerg year this year. If quacks like a duck and walks like a duck it is a damn duck.
No to nit pick. But this wasn't gerg bad. Quite frankly, nothing could be. A disaster at every aspect of coaching.

Here's what folks are missing, including some players for now. The guys we care about losing are used to starting and will likely still be starters here. There has got to be an ultra -compelling reason for a guy to leave for a peer or better school, sit out a year and then COMPETE in an unknown scenario to start. It's not worth it. Here, they'll have an almost guaranteed opportunity to play and get where they want to go. When the dust settles, guys who transfer will be those caught up in the depth chart. Not the Cordy's of the world.

OrangeXtreme said:
At least he wasn't it making it all about him. Ugh. He should have paid more attention to his head coach.

At least he wasn't it making it all about him. Ugh. He should have paid more attention to his head coach.

At least he should wait until we hire someone before he decides to bolt.

Kids. Oh Lord