Cordy NOT transferring | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Cordy NOT transferring

There is no doubt that there will be some amount of attrition due to the staff change. There is no doubt that some folks will freak out about it and claim that that's why Shafer should have been retained. There is no doubt that those people will be wrong.

There is no doubt that there will be some amount of attrition due to the staff change. There is no doubt that some folks will freak out about it and claim that that's why Shafer should have been retained. There is no doubt that those people will be wrong.

There is no way to know this!! Only time will tell.

Change creates change. Years ago we had a change at a company that i was a minority owner in. I left. Looking back even though i was fortunate to do well i should have stayed. I was young and made a knee jerk reaction. The kids are raw at this point. Coyle understands the need to make a quick decision which is why he pulled the trigger when he did and im sure that before he took the Syracuse job had his short list. I expect either Frost or the coach from ND at this point and i will not be surprised at all if the staff is loaded with solid assistant coaches possibly even EO.

The kids will calm down over time and some will leave but that is ok as well. Others like Custis will get a fresh start. Thats why they call it change

SUfanNC said:
There is no way to know this!! Only time will tell.

I am supremely confident that at least a couple kids will leave. Because a couple kids always leave. Hell, we lost a bunch this last offseason. And I am supremely confident that when the inevitable happens someone will fire up a blazing hot take about how that is what we get for firing Shafer. I can almost set my watch to it.

I am supremely confident that at least a couple kids will leave. Because a couple kids always leave. Hell, we lost a bunch this last offseason. And I am supremely confident that when the inevitable happens someone will fire up a blazing hot take about how that is what we get for firing Shafer. I can almost set my watch to it.

I guess the part I am referring to is where you said "those people will be wrong" There is no way to know who is wrong or right.

I agree that that people will say that is what we get for firing Shafer, but they are right. Whether it will be the better decision for the short term is unknown

Whoever on the current team wants to leave, no problem. Change is good and there will be exciting times ahead for the Orange. Watch how many higher ranked recruits and transfers want to come to the Cuse if the right HC is selected and I have faith in Mr. Coyle that he will do just that.

SUfanNC said:
I guess the part I am referring to is where you said "those people will be wrong" There is no way to know who is wrong or right. I agree that that people will say that is what we get for firing Shafer, but they are right. Whether it will be the better decision for the short term is unknown

My point is that an AD should never keep a coach that he doesn't believe in because a few players might leave.

Does that squirrel offer happy ending ?

Love-scene-ice-age-scrat-and-scratte-15063955-800-432.jpg

What do you think?

My point is that an AD should never keep a coach that he doesn't believe in because a few players might leave.

Fair point and agreed.

Whoever on the current team wants to leave, no problem. Change is good and there will be exciting times ahead for the Orange. Watch how many higher ranked recruits and transfers want to come to the Cuse if the right HC is selected and I have faith in Mr. Coyle that he will do just that.

Easy to say that now when no one has left. The other side to that coin is what happens if the wrong coach is hired? You may lose what little talent you had!!

I believe in Coyle but again it's easy to think there will be no effect but that is not realistic

I should be more clear on what I think.

No one is transferring to an FBS P5 school.

It's unlikely that anyone is transferring to an FBS G5 school and we shouldn't really care if they do.

Any of them could transfer to an FCS and there's probably a bigger statement about talent level if they go that route.

Recruiting is a whole different ball game.

Jekelish - you're not being entirely sincere in this thread. You started a thread a couple weeks ago that almost (almost) came off like a threat. Saying that if Shafer was fired, several prominent players would transfer and that Coyle should consider that in his decision. That's what started me on this soapbox in the first place.

Cordy just announced he's leaving. Odd timing on game day 8 minutes before kick off.

Cordy just announced he's leaving. Odd timing on game day 8 minutes before kick off.
Can't believe he has choosen to go before another coach can even talk to him.

I should be more clear on what I think.

No one is transferring to an FBS P5 school.

It's unlikely that anyone is transferring to an FBS G5 school and we shouldn't really care if they do.

Any of them could transfer to an FCS and there's probably a bigger statement about talent level if they go that route.

Recruiting is a whole different ball game.

Jekelish - you're not being entirely sincere in this thread. You started a thread a couple weeks ago that almost (almost) came off like a threat. Saying that if Shafer was fired, several prominent players would transfer and that Coyle should consider that in his decision. That's what started me on this soapbox in the first place.
It wasn't a freaking threat. Way to read WAY too much into it. All I said was that there were several players thinking about transferring if Shafer was fired. Nothing more. But keep trying to infer things that were never said. Please do not EVER try to put words in my mouth.

I know emotions are high and I was very impulsive at his age, but that is crazy (selfish?) thing to do before kickoff

I know emotions are high and I was very impulsive at his age, but that is crazy (selfish?) thing to do before kickoff
Agreed. The timing is very bizarre, and as you said, a bit selfish. Let the seniors and the coaches have their day and then make your decision public.

Can't believe he has choosen to go before another coach can even talk to him.
Has anyone considered that he simply isn't enjoying his non-football experience at SU? He is a Florida kid far from home and may simply not like the cold or the school. Believe it or not Orange fans, Syracuse is not for everyone.

Has anyone considered that he simply isn't enjoying his non-football experience at SU? He is a Florida kid far from home and may simply not like the cold or the school. Believe it or not Orange fans, Syracuse is not for everyone.

After two years??

Even though he is a better player than most thought he would be the fact is he is a below average safety. Half the reason he flashes on the tv so much is he is the only one in the secondary that knows how to wrap up.

The kid can be replaced.. And I am hoping it's by that monster named Tisdale

Even though he is a better player than most thought he would be the fact is he is a below average safety. Half the reason he flashes on the tv so much is he is the only one in the secondary that knows how to wrap up.

The kid can be replaced.. And I am hoping it's by that monster named Tisdale
If Tisdale comes here, it's most likely not to play defense.

jekelish said:
It wasn't a freaking threat. Way to read WAY too much into it. All I said was that there were several players thinking about transferring if Shafer was fired. Nothing more. But keep trying to infer things that were never said. Please do not EVER try to put words in my mouth.

Maybe I'll go back and find the thread later and I misinterpreted. No time to do it now. I just remember the whole thing came off as odd and I certainly wasn't the only one who thought so.