Cowerd sticking up for JB | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Cowerd sticking up for JB

Having lived in both locations for substantial periods, I'd say that depends.

Camden, Newark, Paterson and a few other places? Gotta give Syracuse the edge there.
Of course, that's not saying much.
Camden may be the worst city in America.
If it wasn't for SU, Syracuse might not be that far behind.

But most of NJ?
Sorry, Zerocuse. Your glory days, such as they were, are long gone.

Sorry, but Central New York is as beautiful a part of the country as I have seen.

That is, the lakes, the ski mountains, the state parks and on and on.

And that goes for most of NJ - including the fun but gritty and overbuilt Jersey Shore.

I think after my mother is gone I'm going to move to upstate NY. Maybe Burlington VT. I've had enough of NJ.

Dave85! Come on up! You're the next contestant on Living the Good Life in VT!

We'd love to have you up here Dave. Need all the Orange fans I can get.

Dave85! Come on up! You're the next contestant on Living the Good Life in VT!

We'd love to have you up here Dave. Need all the Orange fans I can get.

What town do you live in?

JB is not beyond criticism but what he's done with the program is just amazing. I love what JB has done with kids like Andy Rautins, Triche, and Jardine. The program has a great work ethic. One-and-done and two-and-done players are great. But I like the way the program develops three-and-done and four-and-done players. I thought what JB did with Andy Rautins was pretty amazing.

Triche - interesting choice, given all the rags-to-riches players who have come through the program.

He was a valuable part and a good program player, but I've never thought of the kid who lit up Jonny Flynn and for four years was considered "the best player on the team, only he doesn't know it" as someone high on the list of well-developed players (Rautins, Warrick, Thomas, etc.). Freshman Brandon Triche would play Senior Brandon Triche pretty evenly in a game of one-on-one.

Triche - interesting choice, given all the rags-to-riches players who have come through the program.

He was a valuable part and a good program player, but I've never thought of the kid who lit up Jonny Flynn and for four years was considered "the best player on the team, only he doesn't know it" as someone high on the list of well-developed players (Rautins, Warrick, Thomas, etc.). Freshman Brandon Triche would play Senior Brandon Triche pretty evenly in a game of one-on-one.

I think Triche became much stronger physically by his senior year. We were pretty close to beating Michigan. I know Triche was plagued by a back injury all season. If we just made it to the game with Louisville I thought we had good chance of winning it all since we beat Louisville that year. That's why I included Triche in your group. Don't forget Wallace in the list of most improved.

I think Triche became much stronger physically by his senior year. We were pretty close to beating Michigan. I know Triche was plagued by a back injury all season. If we just made it to the game with Louisville I thought we had good chance of winning it all since we beat Louisville that year. That's why I included Triche in your group. Don't forget Wallace in the list of most improved.

I see; was curious about the rationale. I agree that Triche -- always a workout nut -- reached a pretty good balance between muscle mass and anaerobic fitness by the time he was a senior. It's a shame his back didn't cooperate.

Syracuse Downtown has really imroved the last 5-10 years...and it is still upgrading...some of you are a bit too harsh on the city.

As a late 20's millennial, I grew up in a small town in the mohawk valley...I hate the burbs, as does a good chunk of my generation does... I work downtown and live in a nice (inexpensive) house in the western part of syracuse. The area directly around my office in the last three years has seen the additions of jolime, cafe kubal, gannons, additional apartments in my building, and ongoing development all around my offices area.
People can crap on cities, but things are starting to turn. Don't be surprised in the next 50 years if you see the opposite of what happened in the last 50. Cities will grow, and suburbs will shrink.

The city of Syracuse is a perfectly nice place to live. Can't say we miss people who share your attitude, especially when presented like that.

I didn't say it wasn't a nice place to live I said it was a dump.

Camden is pretty much part of Philadelphia. You forgot to mention parts of Jersey City. Although, I really do like Zeppelin Hall in Jersey City. And Hoboken is a really cool place. There's a lot of pollution in New Jersey. There's a lot of people everywhere you go and no matter where you live you are always stuck in traffic. I'm just sick of it. I would like to live somewhere with some trees and not so many people.

And South Kearny!!! Now that's New Jersey!
https://www.google.com/search?q=gus...2MILDigLhhYCQDQ&ved=0CDYQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=887

I didn't say it wasn't a nice place to live I said it was a dump.

ah yes, spoken by the self entitled suburbanite that has no appreciation of history. Without the city of Syracuse Camillus wouldn't exist. Your welcome.

ah yes, spoken by the self entitled suburbanite that has no appreciation of history. Without the city of Syracuse Camillus wouldn't exist.

Hey it's just an opinion, I would say that about most of the upstate ny cities. Doesn't mean there are bad people living there or there aren't good spots of each city. I look at it in total between visual landscape, political and financial condition etc. I just think the city is a mess as a whole, doesn't mean there aren't good things about it too. Like I said its an opinion I'm sure most of you don't like it and that's ok.

and Lemoyne...but Virginia lost to Chaminade with Ralph freaking Sampson...the Mets beat the Orioles ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and the Jets beat the Colts. You would only seem to be happy if your favorite team went unbeaten every year. We are spoiled by JB.

LETS go METS!

OMG, that hurts my soul. I would love to catch a giant Halibut some day. economy!

Ughh I had to pass up a chartered Halibut trip this weekend in Valdez, Ak. Gotta get ready to fly back to Syracuse next week. Could filled up the freezer.

As someone who hasn't lived in the northeast for about a decade (except for a 1 year stint on the UES), I have to say the "differences" between NJ and LI are so minimal when looking at it from a Birdseye view.

I'll give the caveat that I grew up in Bergen county, nj just one town over from one of the wealthiest in the country (Alpine), but I don't think it clouds my judgement all that much when I say the two areas are essentially one and the same, just that one is east of manhattan and the other is to the west (although south jersey is a different ball game).

There are some very nice areas of both NJ and LI - to try to argue which is better is pointless because they're both just large, diverse suburbs of the same city. And while I think both are nice, I'm glad I'm no where near the northeast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom