Do NOT Run it Down NC State's Throat | Syracusefan.com

Do NOT Run it Down NC State's Throat

OrangeinBoston

All Conference
Sure, NC State is weak against the run and SU should be able to run on them. If that's all they do, we will be left with a feel-good victory that does not prepare the team for the upcoming games which will require a balance offense.

Sure, NC State is weak against the run and SU should be able to run on them. If that's all they do, we will be left with a feel-good victory that does not prepare the team for the upcoming games which will require a balance offense.

So, you're saying we shouldn't take advantage of an opponent's weakness?

Very confused on this stance. This team isn't in a position to try and shelve what works well to work on inadequacies. Do what it takes to get the W, and work on problems in practice.
They need to run a balanced offense in a game situation. Practice simply doesn't adequately prepare the team to execute. Sure, keep moving the chains, and if that means running it, ok. But, they've got to get AJ plenty of practice throwing the ball.

Very confused on this stance. This team isn't in a position to try and shelve what works well to work on inadequacies. Do what it takes to get the W, and work on problems in practice.

Welcome aboard the board, Macky. Come by often!:)

Admin: what happened to my avatar? I forgot who this one belongs to, but I know he posts often and I don't want to ruffle any feathers. Especially since I had nothing to do with putting it there.

A little help, please.

Macky MacPherson??

There'd be lots of famous firsts there- Broyld stretching the field, Broyld breaking away, Broyld scoring a TD.

Pump fake to WR screen. Broyld runs a back side post, stiff arms the NC State db and houses it.

we are not good enough to prepare for anything

Pump fake to WR screen. Broyld runs a back side post, stiff arms the NC State db and houses it.
You're just making it up as you go along now!

prophet.jpg

They need to run a balanced offense in a game situation. Practice simply doesn't adequately prepare the team to execute. Sure, keep moving the chains, and if that means running it, ok. But, they've got to get AJ plenty of practice throwing the ball.
We need to run an offense that puts enough points on the board to win. If we throw just to get practice and lose, what's the point? Now if it's the fourth quarter and we're blowing them out, go ahead and switch to practice mode. We need to run the plays we think will work against whatever defense they play. If those are passing plays, great. If they're running plays, great too.

I think the offense has been fairly balanced all year we just have had more success on the ground. Hell even in the air hasn't been that bad . It's the red zone that's been most the problem.

I don't ever want to cheapshot anyone but this may be the dumbest post ever. We need to win. We need three more wins to get to a bowl. If that means Doc Gross needs to talk on 12 mobile phones at once while Twerking, that is fine with me. As a famous SU alum used to say, just win, baby. Running the ball down their throats gives us the best chance to win. Worry about Duke, Pitt and BC with each passing week.

Run defense is a weakness for NC State, Duke, and Pittsburgh (our next 3 games), so focusing on that area of the offense would not be a bad recipe for success. Obviously, we'll need some form of passing game to keep each team honest, but we should use our running game to control the game.

Versus only FBS competition, here is how our next 3 opponents break down:

Duke
Rushing Defense #98, 202.67 ypg
Passing Defense #34, 207.0 ypg

Pittsburgh
Rushing Defense #73, 173.86 ypg
Passing Defense #14, 184.9 ypg

Boston College
Rushing Defense #8, 102.14 ypg
Passing Defense #51, 220.6 ypg

Note that total yards for Pittsburgh and Boston College are both low because they are both running teams and burn a lot of clock (so naturally, less plays typically equals less opportunity for yardage for both teams). Boston College is #22 in time of possession and Pittsburgh is #26.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom