Do you think Boeheim has a set retirement date that he will stick to? | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Do you think Boeheim has a set retirement date that he will stick to?

Do you think Boeheim has a set retirement date that he will stick to?

• Yes

Votes: 20 8.8%
  • No

Votes: 208 91.2%

• Total voters
Are we sure Jimmy was hanging around at all the practices? They canceled the Ivy league season, but they didn't cancel school. You are expected to go to class and study at schools like that. I could see him driving home for weekends, but those are usually game days.
Probably attended class by zoom during Covid.

Re: Retirement, everyone knows that Boeheim drives the bus. Nothing new there.

For me the dumbest part of the whole interview is him talking about NIL. He's never hid his disgust for players making money in college. I think that one of the hallmarks of the JAB era over the last 15 years or so is that he's a pretty good judge of which recruits and players to avoid because of their ask and their personality. For example, that kid who did a tour of teams and ultimately went to KU (where he promptly wrecked an expensive car (IIRC) and then was kicked off the team), but stopped at SU early on and was told to go pound sand.

That said, sorry coach, but you're on the wrong side of history here. You can not like it and stomp your feet, but it's not changing, and considering that your billionaire friend is actively paying for players, it's a terrible look to accuse other teams, bottom feeders, of buying teams. You never said that about your buddies ol' Roy and K. We just had a spate of news stories where people were wondering why Jalen Hurts was at an SU game the day after the NFC championship and who this Adam Weisman is. Just retire and call it a career. When you started basketball there were no millionaire coaches and billion dollar TV deals, this is the natural progression of things. Enjoy your lake house.

I just read the transcript of Jims ESPN interview and came away with a different take than what i had believed.
When you read it in its entirety, vs " Sound bites " it isnt bad. Yes he does say some things, notably that its his decision and yes he talks about teams buying players but i feel as if he is simply telling the truth as he believes it to be.
1: He has probably been told it is his decision. Forever, no but within the context of his current agreement im sure he is speaking the truth.
2: We did play good teams close. Yes we lost but as he points out " Not by 20" " that would be different ". So again hes being honest.
3: NIL. I thought he was spot on and honest.

So my two cents is Jim wasn't off the rails. He was Jim. He spoke his mind. He isn't PC which i actually like about him and what he said taken in full context isnt a big deal in my book.

I hate when he puts our kids down or jumps a young reporter. And i wish he didn't let his insecurity get in the way. As to this interview, listen to it in its entirety and make up your own mind.
Dont do what i did and judge without really listening to what he said within the flow of an interview.
Im fine with it and wouldn't have posted some of my post if i had taken the time to listen to the entire interview.
What about the comments about Pitt and Wake? They are the ones that received the most attention.

That’s exactly how I read it too. I read the first 15 pages of the forum before I read the actual article. I thought JB is losing it. Once I read the entire transcript, I had an entirely different take. I’m sure people can read it differently.
They can but 95 percent of the fans won’t read the transcript never mind the full article. They’ll read some headlines and Tweets. It’s why JAB shouldn’t be doing these interviews. He thinks he’s defending himself but he’s making it worse. He’s never going to be portrayed lovingly by a press he’s attacked for decades. Human nature.

Now if he showed humility, maybe things would be different.

Well, that’s why I don’t bet. Well over my guess at an over/under here.

Thanks to the mods for allowing this difficult discussion to happen for now 27 pages.

Oof. The guy is like a drunk in a field of mouse traps. You never know where he's going to step and most of it will be inconsequential, but every now and again he'll cause a stir. A PR department's nightmare: Oh what did he say now?

Oof. The guy is like a drunk in a field of mouse traps. You never know where he's going to step and most of it will be inconsequential, but every now and again he'll cause a stir. A PR department's nightmare: Oh what did he say now?

JAB presser -

the simpsons rake GIF

JAB presser -

the simpsons rake GIF
Guaranteed he gets asked about it on Wednesday night too, prolonging the agony. Hopefully he responds calmly with a “I’ve apologized. I misspoke. that’s all I’m going to say. Next question.”

The ACC intervened. SU has an issue on their hands

An issue from the ACC? What could they do? They’re not going to kick us out and they can’t force a firing (to my knowledge).

They can but 95 percent of the fans won’t read the transcript never mind the full article. They’ll read some headlines and Tweets. It’s why JAB shouldn’t be doing these interviews. He thinks he’s defending himself but he’s making it worse. He’s never going to be portrayed lovingly by a press he’s attacked for decades. Human nature.

Now if he showed humility, maybe things would be different.
Humility
Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

Guaranteed he gets asked about it on Wednesday night too, prolonging the agony. Hopefully he responds calmly with a “I’ve apologized. I misspoke. that’s all I’m going to say. Next question.”

Let's hope so... but if it's a DO kid that asks him, he may not be able to resist reaching for the whack-a-mole baton.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom