Do you think Boeheim has a set retirement date that he will stick to? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Do you think Boeheim has a set retirement date that he will stick to?

Do you think Boeheim has a set retirement date that he will stick to?

• Yes

Votes: 20 8.8%
  • No

Votes: 208 91.2%

• Total voters
CBB is down. Jury’s our on wether NIL will help or hinder it further (but my guess is hinder). JB is definitely trying to speak things into existence which is human nature, but c’mon. You’re a legend. People here love you. Admit it’s time and hang ‘em up.

Delusional
Tone deaf.
Clueless.
And ultimately...pathetic.
He's burning it down on his way out, and couldn't care less. This guy talks like he's doing the school a favor
What in the toothless John Wildhack is going on here?

He is getting dragged in national press. I have second hand embarrassment for him and this program. It’s one thing to be like this when you’re Saban and competing for titles every year, but outside of a few nice runs, this program has been mediocre in the ACC.

“I can do whatever I want I just don’t know for sure. “

Wow, leadership is non existent or they just don't care

He is the leadership. It's clear at this point he has full control of the program and does not answer to Wildhack.

The only possible "tips of the hat" (if they are even that) are his couple comments in the last presser about playing M2M defense and how he won't do it and he talked about "the next coach" can try it if they want...JB talking about his replacement is no small feat. Whether that's next year or 3 years from now is the question... But those comments make me think it's soon.

JB probably coached his best game in a couple of seasons today. But to come out crowing like this after beating a BC team we own seems quite tone deaf. Par for the course I suppose with JB.

Strange to be picking fights with coaches who are most likely negatively recruiting against his age and job-uncertainty already. Also, I thought he and Laranaga were buddies?

His comments about AW and NIL seem to be either delusional or just flat out lies. Also hard to be on a high horse when the program has been out on probation twice under his watch.

The only thing that seemed to point towards him stepping down after this year is saying how awful the CBB landscape is right now and that’s why K and Wright left. Maybe he’s trying to burn bridges so as to avoid the kind of retirement tributes that K got? From what people have written here, he would hate that.

Lastly, if he were 65 with the diminishing returns of the past 10 years, he would be getting the same if not more heat.

Holy.
If that ESPN article is accurate… he‘s clueless, arrogant, stupid, and illogical.

He employs the same narcissistic rationale as any controversial celebrity. Everyone who comes up to you says don’t retire? That’s your truth? Doesn’t occur to you that there would be a massive skew in who would approach you with which side of the argument? How many people would be so rude as to approach him with a request that he retire? Not even me. Dumb.

He actually brags that the decision is his to make. So arrogant that he doesn’t bother to pretend he has any sense of grace or sense of position. The de facto AD.

95% of fans support him? The most devout are here, and I’m pretty sure the consensus here is toward retirement and ending this slide. If he’s counting on the 90% of fans who don’t care as much as we do, maybe he finds a bit more relief, but I doubt it.

We played top teams to a ”standstill?” What does that even mean? There are stalemates in wrestling. In hoops you either win or you lose. Even if we are not getting blown out, that’s just an affirmation that the entire NCAA is weak. And still we can’t crack the Top 25 in a field of weakness. That’s not an affirmation of his coaching.

Then, my god, the embarrassing inaccurate accusations of other schools‘ NIL and ‘buying teams.’ What a dick. If you’re going to call out teams for that kind of thing, you’d better have your facts straight. And not be doing the same thing yourself.

I‘ve never been so disappointed, Always used to (sorta) like JB as a person even when I didn’t like his coaching, but now I just don’t like him at all. And my immediate reaction after reading that article was to say That’s it—I’m out for next season. I’ll wait it out. I’ve never even considered not watching a single game since 1985 and this made me consider skipping a season. That’ll wear off by morning but * * * *. This sucks.

Wild stuff. Wild.

Just smile and nod, everyone. Gonna have to wait it out.

The comments about the other schools were…ummm… interesting
Wow this guy is either dealing w early dementia or we are in the throes of “Jim says things”

Not sure why he did this interview. He’s making things worse for himself, the university, the AD and his legacy

My theory is he has nothing else to do that gets him out of bed during the hoops season. His kids are gone, no grand kids yet. Etc. Prob doesn’t garden and doesn’t want to leave CNY.

This is very very weird.

He employs the same narcissistic rationale as any controversial celebrity. Everyone who comes up to you says don’t retire? That’s your truth? Doesn’t occur to you that there would be a massive skew in who would approach you with which side of the argument? How many people would be so rude as to approach him with a request that he retire?
“A lot of people are saying…”

And some here STILL don’t think something needs to be done. I mean… at this point it’s a joke.

I realize after a win over a bad team we have beaten 10 straight times, people aren’t going to like the truth. But this guy is driving nails in the coffin of the program he built, day by freaking day.
Flat out embarrassing. Essentially publicly castrating JW. Humiliates him. If he doesn't do something big when JB is done, meaning going big with this next hire, and it needs to be after next season, any public respect JW has will have evaporated.

Boeheim told Pete Thamel espn that is back gor 23-24. Noooooooo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom