Does Dungey start this Saturday | Syracusefan.com

Does Dungey start this Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

OburgOrange

Living Legend
if he is healthy? I must have missed it, what was the injury report on him?

Shut the kid down.

That's of course my opinion.

if he is healthy? I must have missed it, what was the injury report on him?

There hasn't been anything for you to miss.

Other than what Shafer said yesterday, there hasn't been an update from SU.

There hasn't been anything for you to miss.

Other than what Shafer said yesterday, there hasn't been an update from SU.

All we needed to hear was "its his head"

Thats unofficially, officially #3 in about 2 months.

As I posted yesterday right after I saw him go down, I guarantee he is done for the year. And maybe worse re career. By my trained eye this is the second severe one, to go along with two other hits where he got his "bell rung".

Other than the '98 tenn game when I realized the chance for real greatness was lost likely forever, this was the most pissed I've been post game since then, seeing the future go down in a heap when it should've never happened

I would shut him down for the year.

We're lucky if he ever plays another down at Syracuse again. That kid's brain has been mashed around big time this season.

And that isn't the coaching staff's fault. It's the price you pay for wanting to make plays with your feet and being a scrambler.

All we needed to hear was "its his head"

Thats unofficially, officially #3 in about 2 months.
It's not. They've never confirmed any. I think he's had 1, legitimately, this fall.

This is not one, from what I've heard. It's looking like a "UBI", but not a concussion from the buzz I've heard. And if you saw where he was hit, you can probably guess the injury.

It's not. They've never confirmed any. I think he's had 1, legitimately, this fall.

This is not one, from what I've heard. It's looking like a "UBI", but not a concussion from the buzz I've heard. And if you saw where he was hit, you can probably guess the injury.
Goiter?

The hit certainly didnt look like a concussion live to me and if you read my posts from earlier Stephen Bailey specifically said on twitter during the game that they were looking at his collarbone/shoulder.

But my quotes were straight from Shafers mouth. "They" absolutely 100% said "its his head". I have no idea how that isn't "confirmation".

If that means separated shoulder or broken collarbone, than Shafer shouldn't be doing press conferences.

And even if this isn't #3, its legitimately #2. Dungey was on Mars for 10 seconds a few weeks ago.

(On the Eric Dungey injury)
“It was a football play. He got hit. He got tackled. It's upper body. It's his head. He took a hit, a good football hit, trying to make a play.”

(On the Eric Dungey injury)
“It was a football play. He got hit. He got tackled. It's upper body. It's his head. He took a hit, a good football hit, trying to make a play.”
That's all well and good. Maybe he did get his bell rung. But from what I hear, this one might not be a concussion, and is in fact a different injury.

The Pitt one wasn't a concussion, either. There's no way the medical staff would clear him to return that quickly if it were even in question. The CMU one, I'm pretty positive, was a concussion even though it was never reported. I know Eric was telling people it wasn't after that game, but that's the one I'm pretty positive was.

That's all well and good. Maybe he did get his bell rung. But from what I hear, this one might not be a concussion, and is in fact a different injury.

The Pitt one wasn't a concussion, either. There's no way the medical staff would clear him to return that quickly if it were even in question. The CMU one, I'm pretty positive, was a concussion even though it was never reported. I know Eric was telling people it wasn't after that game, but that's the one I'm pretty positive was.

dude, starting qb's should not have 3 questionable concussions in 1 year. its not safe.

and the 1 from the Pitt game may not be a "concussion" but he was certainly knocked unconscious. if it were a heavyweight fight, there is no way he would have been allowed to continue. the only thing that saved him was that he was wearing a helmet and the trainers missed his arms. He just bounced up as soon as he came to. but he was knocked out cold. "concussion" or not, its very very very dangerous.

dude, starting qb's should not have 3 questionable concussions in 1 year. its not safe.

and the 1 from the Pitt game may not be a "concussion" but he was certainly knocked unconscious. if it were a heavyweight fight, there is no way he would have been allowed to continue. the only thing that saved him was that he was wearing a helmet and the trainers missed his arms. He just bounced up as soon as he came to. but he was knocked out cold. "concussion" or not, its very very very dangerous.
You're just speculating he was knocked cold. You have zero proof. Eric has said he wasn't, and that he was trying to draw a flag.

This is what I hate. People trying to play doctor from watching something on TV.

he's done, it was a concussion. At the risk of repeating myself on here so often, it doesn't take direct head trauma to concuss the brain. Can be from whiplash or just being simply knocked around or along with the other injuries being thrown around here. . As with USF where got "dinged" being hit OB and again in Pitt, not enough for full blown out concussion but bad enough. he gone

Collarbone, shoulder sep, or maybe even a ribcage injury was my guess. I know what shafer said but it seemed off the cuff.

Three questions:

1. Where did you get your medical degree?
  2. When were you given access to examine him?
  3. Why do you feel your diagnosis is more valid than the team physicians?

You're just speculating he was knocked cold. You have zero proof. Eric has said he wasn't, and that he was trying to draw a flag.

This is what I hate. People trying to play doctor from watching something on TV.
If a player goes so far as to say they acted knocked out in the hopes of getting a flag, I'm going to assume they were knocked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom