Emergency team meeting? | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Emergency team meeting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SUintheVille said:
Whew, no meeting, I thought "what did Fab Melo do this time?" Or, it's opposite day, and there was a meeting. Some funny stuff in this thread.

I believe there was a "meeting". The more important word in the tweet is the word emergency. That word probably shouldn't have been used.

I am hoping this is accurate/wrong with my post...an exec at my company is a Cuse alumni and has some connections and apparently Boeheim is retiring.

Actually it was Wellman who was called in.....he had a paper that he forgot to turn in.

PRESS HERE

Ajflood12 said:
I am hoping this is accurate/wrong with my post...an exec at my company is a Cuse alumni and has some connections and apparently Boeheim is retiring.

One thing is for sure, your post, accurate or not, just assured another 100 posts in this thread.

I can't see that happening.

One thing is for sure, your post, accurate or not, just assured another 100 posts in this thread.
Haha. I am hoping he and I are both wrong. It would be a tough week to lose Pearl and see the face of the program leave.

How can you not see that happening? The guy is 70+ yrs old.

NOT saying he is retiring or isnt - but of course you can see it happening. Hell, its going to happen within 2 years of today (or 3?) at best.

right now hes watching reruns of My Little Pony on Disney Jr...while doing the dishes.

When Daughter #2 was about four years old, she coerced Daughter #1 and me into playing My Little Pony. We invented two new ponies, "Kickie" and "Punchie." We were promptly banned from Ponyland.

NOT saying he is retiring or isnt - but of course you can see it happening. Hell, its going to happen within 2 years of today (or 3?) at best.
I'm not saying nothing, but up until now JB has had the luxury of being able to see pretty much all of his kids' games.

I could with everything that has happened.

Being surrounded by death does funny things to people, especially one JB's age. Again rumors are floating and that's all they are but say if this were to happen. JB is in his 70s with a job that takes up a majority of his life with younger children and a wife who seems very pleasant to be around. JB could live to 100 and enjoy another 29+ years with his family but when somebody as young as Pearl passes away it very easily could jump in JB's mind that he needs to look at life from a different perspective and wants to spend as much time as he can with his family.

Again, these are nothing but rumors and they don't mean anything but death can have strange effects on people and make them look at things much differently. My step-brother committed suicide about a year ago, at age 37 even as young as I am I look at things differently and hate to waste even one day knowing I could be gone the next.

I hope we get another couple of years of JBs greatness on the sidelines but if he does hang it up I would never fault him. I'm sure this is very hard for him and I really feel for him.

With the talent he could have coming back, I think he wants one more shot at a title.

I could with everything that has happened.

Being surrounded by death does funny things to people, especially one JB's age. Again rumors are floating and that's all they are but say if this were to happen. JB is in his 70s with a job that takes up a majority of his life with younger children and a wife who seems very pleasant to be around. JB could live to 100 and enjoy another 29+ years with his family but when somebody as young as Pearl passes away it very easily could jump in JB's mind that he needs to look at life from a different perspective and wants to spend as much time as he can with his family.

Again, these are nothing but rumors and they don't mean anything but death can have strange effects on people and make them look at things much differently. My step-brother committed suicide about a year ago, at age 37 even as young as I am I look at things differently and hate to waste even one day knowing I could be gone the next.

I hope we get another couple of years of JBs greatness on the sidelines but if he does hang it up I would never fault him. I'm sure this is very hard for him and I really feel for him.

Your right death does do funny things to people, but I don't think Jb is going to retire because of that, getting back to basketball could be the best healer for him.

re: Retiring —
Didn't Dave Bing say or imply in a semi-recent comment that JB would retire earlier than originally specified in 'the plan?'

Still, this would be an odd way to go out. Hope there are no health issues.

re: Retiring —
Didn't Dave Bing say or imply in a semi-recent comment that JB would retire earlier than originally specified in 'the plan?'

Still, this would be an odd way to go out. Hope there are no health issues.
It's next to impossible to keep a secret today. If there was any real news, we would probably know it by now. One has to understand that the OP is a guy that loves Syracuse and worries about things real or imagined all the time. One thing or another. He doesn't do it to stir things up. He just worries. It's unfortunate that his worries become ours. And it can become frustrating. But there is nothing malicious intended. It's late. the board has been through a lot lately. Perhaps we should shut this thread down.

It's next to impossible to keep a secret today. If there was any real news, we would probably know it by now. One has to understand that the OP is a guy that loves Syracuse and worries about things real or imagined all the time. One thing or another. He doesn't do it to stir things up. He just worries. It's unfortunate that his worries become ours. And it can become frustrating. But there is nothing malicious intended. It's late. the board has been through a lot lately. Perhaps we should shut this thread down.
Thank you for an answer. I can understand the situation a little better now and not get frustrated next time but atleast know the frustration can be understood even if its disagreed with.

Nor is there anything malicious intended from those of us who criticize such worry-barfing. Nonetheless, thank you for your diplomatic voice.

I believe there was a "meeting". The more important word in the tweet is the word emergency. That word probably shouldn't have been used.

From what I've gathered here, JB might be retiring but wants to keep it quiet until they finish up this recruiting cycle... so now bees and jake are trying to give us the old "it's just a weather balloon" story.

From what I've gathered here, JB might be retiring but wants to keep it quiet until they finish up this recruiting cycle... so now bees and jake are trying to give us the old "it's just a weather balloon" story.

I really don't see him retiring before this season, he just got to a final four, he knows he is close to another title, and has a lot of talent coming back.

I just want Mali to come back and see Battle for 1 year under JB -- then he can take off in the sunset.

I agree that retirement is super close, but with a roster of Mali, Lydon, Roberson, Battle, etc. I feel like JB wants ONE more shot. He hasn't had anyone like Battle since Melo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom