ESPN Cut List.. | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN Cut List..

I don't think Bomani said Boston was the most racist city in the nation. He just basically implied Heyward would be a fan favorite because he's a white guy. I live in Boston and think the city is racist but don't want to hijack this thread so will leave it at that.

I listen to the Bomani podcast quite a bit. He's really smart and gives pretty unique and intelligent takes on a lot of topics.
Celtics Fans Cheering Gordon Hayward Revitalizes Insulting 'Boston Is Racist' Takes

All Souls - Michael Patrick MacDonald - Great book on South Boston and some of the race issues.

All Souls - Michael Patrick MacDonald - Great book on South Boston and some of the race issues.
I am not saying Boston doesn't have incidents.

I will just say the city of Boston isn't close to gold standard of racism like Jemele Hill said.

Maybe I missed it but I don't see in that link where Bomani said Boston is the most racist city in the country.
Michael Che said the exact term most racist city.

Bomani claims it's one of the most racist cities in America.

Michael Che said the exact term most racist city.

Bomani claims it's one of the most racist cities in America.

Yea, Michael Che said that but not Bomani. Again, I don't want to hijack the thread and turn it into a debate on Boston social issues but am happy to engage in some back and forth in a DM. I think Bomani does a good job though and enjoy the viewpoint of his show.

Aside from games, I stopped watching ESPN awhile ago. Turned on Sportscenter the other night for the first time in months and turned it off after 15 minutes of talk with no highlights. I guess they have decided to get out of the sports business and double down on hot take television.

Or it could it possibly be people tune into a sports network for sports and not social justice issues?

Why not both?

upload_2017-4-26_14-53-48.jpeg

Or it could it possibly be people tune into a sports network for sports and not social justice issues?
I listen to Bomani for sports. It's becoming increasingly harder in this day and age to find things that aren't slanted one way or another.

I do like opposing viewpoints, and don't only listen to things I agree with. Having differing opinions and seeing how others view the world helps me become a better person. It's important to read and understand things that might not affect you.

I don't love ESPN's daytime stuff either, but I still flip to ESPN over other sports channel options like terrible FS1. Look at FS1's show lineups and personalities, it's basically ESPN Jr... but not even original programming, just kinda a knock off of whatever ESPN does.

I listen to Bomani for sports. It's becoming increasingly harder in this day and age to find things that aren't slanted one way or another.

I do like opposing viewpoints, and don't only listen to things I agree with. Having differing opinions and seeing how others view the world helps me become a better person. It's important to read and understand things that might not affect you.

TBH I don't really think any of ESPNs big 4 radio shows are geared toward sports as much as they are the peripheral stuff.

Sports for me are still very much a diversion from the real world. They are adults playing a kids game and I like to turn in and not worry about issues from the real world. If folks want both good on them and then Bomani is your guy. Some of us just want the sports.

My thoughts exactly.

Sports for me are still very much a diversion from the real world. They are adults playing a kids game and I like to turn in and not worry about issues from the real world. If folks want both good on them and then Bomani is your guy. Some of us just want the sports.

That's a very snowflake-ish take, Guinness

I understand and don't disagree. I simply don't want that from my sports reporters. If you do great but to cast the dispersion on us old white guys that you did is unfair imo.

I get that it's fun to rip Michael and Jemele and the 6 pm Sportcenter. I used to love SC and I won't watch that.

But they're in that spot because they killed it with His and Hers, the podcast, and all the other garbage they did before that.

Remains to be seen if that rebranding will be successful tho.

I get that it's fun to rip Michael and Jemele and the 6 pm Sportcenter. I used to love SC and I won't watch that.

But they're in that spot because they killed it with His and Hers, the podcast, and all the other garbage they did before that.

Remains to be seen if that rebranding will be successful tho.

I have only seen them a couple of times, not really impressed at all. Here is the thing, people put on Espn for sports, not music, or movies.

His Dad owned a bar in Oneonta that I would frequent from time to time - The Black Cat.
Where in Oneonta was that and how long ago are you talking?

I have only seen them a couple of times, not really impressed at all. Here is the thing, people put on Espn for sports, not music, or movies.

Like I said, it remains to be seen if it works.

But they had to rebrand. The old model for SC doesn't work in 2017.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom