ESPN Cut List.. | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN Cut List..

I get the complaints in this thread and agree with them, but people are not watching highlight shows.

They are watching First Hot Take shows.

So ESPN is responding in kind.

But no worries if you hate the liberal sjw H0T Takes of espn just go watch FS1 where Skip Bayless reruns his same lebron and cowboy takes every day or watch Jason Whitlock literally playing Uncle Ruckus

All of it is unwatchable. I stick with podcasts these days

I still remember when ESPN came out with ESPN2. It was hosted by Keith Olbermann and Suzy Kolber. Olbermann use to wear jeans and a leather jacket, it was so laid back and I kind of enjoyed it at first.

Where in Oneonta was that and how long ago are you talking?
Well with street reconfigurations am not sure the street is even there anymore. It's about a block over from Chestnut Street. The last I knew it was there for sure was maybe 25 years ago. If you knew the bar scene at the time - it was down a block from the Silver Fox.

Sports used to be a "safe place" for the average fan away from all the problems and worries of the world.

Sucks to see people losing jobs, but I only watch ESPN for PTI, some games, College Gameday (football), and occasionally radio simulcast. I don't think I'm in the minority of their viewers, which is the issue.

Sucks to see people losing jobs, but I only watch ESPN for PTI, some games, College Gameday (football), and occasionally radio simulcast. I don't think I'm in the minority of their viewers, which is the issue.

I used to love College Gameday, the problem is it has become too long, they are trying to do too much. If I am going to be watching football all day, I'm not going to watch a 2-3 hour pregame show.

Rusillo seemed like the exact opposite of most of the new personalities on ESPN. Hope he bails and lands in a good spot.

I think this house cleaning shows just how old and tired some of these ESPN hires were. They needed this years ago but ego wouldn't allow them to admit that they were losing relevance.

I wonder if part of it is that no one watches those stupid shows so their revenue is down, thus the layoffs. And they are paying Mike Greenberg 6.5 million dollars a year. He's ok when he is with Golic, but no way would I listen to him solo, just like I have never tuned into Mad Dog since he left WFAN. It's unfortunate anytime anyone loses a job, especially if it is people who really know their craft.
ESPN’s Mike Greenberg says he regrets how possible ‘Mike & Mike’ breakup has been handled
With Mike Greenberg they can fire a dozen other people. He talks enough for 12 people.
So much of the programming on ESPN has become opinion commentary on issues that have little to do with actual sports. I've stopped watching most of it other than live game action. I can't believe these execs think that is what people want.

With Mike Greenberg they can fire a dozen other people. He talks enough for 12 people.
At $6.5M/year, they could hire 20 people at a very good wage.

i don;t have time to read through the 9 pages. any news on anish Schroff? I'm assuming his salary is still "managable" for ESPN.

i'm sure they're more well off compared to the countless numbers of people I know who've been laid off.
So? That doesn't mean they are well off. these people have kids in college just like everyone else. They have mortgages. Just like everyone else. because they might have been earning more money, is irrelevant. There are a lot of people worse off than the countless people you know. Should we not feel bad for your countless people because of them?

It was money laundering and fraud that the DOJ shut down those sites.
It was just funny because it occurred on tax day in 2011.

Good article on it.

A Closer Look at Online Poker's Black Friday

I had 2,500 dollars frozen in PokerStars for 2 years because of this. Thankfully it wasn't a huge part of my bankroll like it was for others.

I have an ignition account but don't like that site. I wish online poker was legal again. Grinding $ 1- $2 games was fun.
My timing couldn't have been better. I was just sending a few thousand bucks and Bank of America didn't send it. I was all set to ream them out.

I used to love College Gameday, the problem is it has become too long, they are trying to do too much. If I am going to be watching football all day, I'm not going to watch a 2-3 hour pregame show.
Exactly...it might be before your time...but CNN used to do a real good job on Saturday mornings. IIRC it lasted one hour from 11am to Noon. It was heavy on the SEC but they would cover Cuse occasionally.

Exactly...it might be before your time...but CNN used to do a real good job on Saturday mornings. IIRC it lasted one hour from 11am to Noon. It was heavy on the SEC but they would cover Cuse occasionally.

That was with Danny Sherridan right?

Not sure I'll know how to watch an SU basketball game without having Len E's Keys to the game discussed prior to it.
Hey give me a break. You said the same thing and went through the same depression when Digger left and you didn't know what teams were on a mission.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom