Fab Melo to miss Tournament | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Fab Melo to miss Tournament

i just hope we find out What fabs problem was this year soon. or noel just commits tomorrow i can dream

This actually makes sense...a lot of it.

The kid is buying a one way ticket to the Euro league. What NBA GM is going to take a chance on a player as raw as he is AND reliability issues.

How does this happen right before the tournament? If he was going to fail out, why couldn't it wait until April? What!!!

I don't know how much longer I can keep living this nightmare that is SU hoops. I honestly don't.

The statement on suathletics.com says nothing about it being academic ineligibility

Let me get this straight... The guy was suspended for academics from last year... and somehow the manaagers, tutors, and Fab himself, don't get the sh$t straightened out for the rest of the year? How is that even possible?

We are THE laughing stock of college hoops.

So much speculation. So much personal vitriol.

Y'all are absurd.

Really?

You realize we're now the national joke on radio and TV, right? We're UNLV...only without the players.

This is bad. Real bad.

I hope this isn't related to what happened earlier this season. Chance he was not eligible for all the games he played in after he missed those three games?? Hope not.
This is my concern too...

This entire season feels like it has been for nothing now.

How does this happen in the middle of a semester? He was ok to play Friday, but not this coming Thursday? What happened during that timeframe?

I guess it would have been better if he never came back from the first ineligibility. At least then the team would have adjusted to his absense and Christmas would have had much more experience.

How does something like this happen at a major college basketball program?? If it is truely academics, how was this situation not monitored properly?

Such a shame that we have McDonalds AA Freshman players...and yet, they have been given next to no minutes of gametime experience this year...leaving Christmas pretty much being thrown into the NCAA tournament cold. For a team that went through basically this same scenario two years ago with A.O. and Dash Riley, how do you let it catch you unprepared again!!

Just sickening. You mean to tell me that every player on Kentucky is still elegible? Memphis? UNLV? Baylor? UCONN? Cinci? Texas? No freakin way. I don't believe it.

Seriously...who was the last player as good as Fab Melo that has been deemed ineligible in the midst of a season? Why does this happen here???????

agree cant be academics must be drugs or he took something from booster

This is my concern too...
not mine, i have no inside info, but why take that risk with everyone in the media on our ass. especially when we won 2 of the 3

Thats it. Im kicking my dog. I need to find a new sport to follow or something..

agree cant be academics must be drugs or he took something from booster

agreed if he were eligible for the 2nd semester those grades still hold. this is not academics.

The icing on this year's BS storm... the first ever 1 seed to lose to a 16.

This is unreal. 2 out of the last 3 years - National Championship caliber teams derailed by BS. One freak injury and now a selfish jerk who can't get out of his own way. This is sickening. What a waste of a year. Thanks Fab, and anyone else who is to blame for whatever the latest issue is. Won't be the last issue i'm sure. This school is littered with them lately. Fab legitimately may have just become the most hated SU player of all time. Probably smarter for him to stay away from Chuck's.

I hope this doesn't affect what has happened so far this year...

This is a nightmare.

So much speculation. So much personal vitriol.

Y'all are absurd.
What are you a Duke fan? You surely cannot be a Syracuse fan if this does not upset you...Last time I checked message boards were a place where fans could vent about their team, and right now, Syracuse fans have A LOT to vent about.

I am still going to go glass is half full:

- Rak becomes a Tourney Monster and becomes an SU legend like GMac
- The rest of the team pulls together and wins it all despite this latest blow...afterall with all the issues this team has, to be honest it's amazing they only loist two games!!
- This team, game in and game out, except for two games, has shown they can win just to spite those who think they can't win...

still have faith dion and our experience can give us a shot against ksu. I dont expect an ashville loss, and i wont be able to take it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom