Fenway Park to Host Bowl Game Between ACC and AAC Teams | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Fenway Park to Host Bowl Game Between ACC and AAC Teams

Horrible weather.
Horrible venue (for football).
Unattractive opponent.

I hope Syracuse never gets relegated here.

Does this replace that awful bowl in Detroit?

Here! Here!

At least Detroit is indoors!

How come the Sunbelt and the Conf USA get Bahamas and Florida and we get NY City and Boston (In the dead of Winter )

How come the Sunbelt and the Conf USA get Bahamas and Florida and we get NY City and Boston (In the dead of Winter )

I think the ACC is outing to align itself with the bowls with the biggest payouts.

Bowls and Payouts:
Camping World $5.8M
Pinstripe Bowl $4.3M
Military Bowl $2M
Boca Raton Bowl $1M
Bahamas Bowl $225K

The new Myrtle Beach Bowl, which some ACC fans are grousing about not being involved with, will surely also have a payout less than $500K.

My prediction is that the Boston Bowl will pay in the $2.5-$3M range.

I think the ACC is outing to align itself with the bowls with the biggest payouts.

Bowls and Payouts:
Camping World $5.8M
Pinstripe Bowl $4.3M
Military Bowl $2M
Boca Raton Bowl $1M
Bahamas Bowl $225K

The new Myrtle Beach Bowl, which some ACC fans are grousing about not being involved with, will surely also have a payout less than $500K.

Yes of course, its about $$$$, with absolutely no regards to my golfing and sun soaking.

Yes of course, its about $$$$, with absolutely no regards to my golfing and sun soaking.
On the positive side, the ACC, no doubt acting based on your personal needs, has agreed to align with the Holiday Bowl starting next season. San Diego is very golf and sun soak friendly, and the Gas Light district has been approved as a site for future Syracusefan.com official meetings.

On the positive side, the ACC, no doubt acting based on your personal needs, has agreed to align with the Holiday Bowl starting next season. San Diego is very golf and sun soak friendly, and the Gas Light district has been approved as a site for future Syracusefan.com official meetings.
Indeed, have played Torrey Pines and Balboa Park although a while ago.

Bowls and Payouts:
Camping World $5.8M
Pinstripe Bowl $4.3M
Military Bowl $2M
Boca Raton Bowl $1M
Bahamas Bowl $225K

It's not about the $$, college football is about the student athletes, the university, it's fans and alumni.. Ohh wait ...

If it was about the sport of it, we'd have an actual college playoff, and I wouldn't give a hoot where it was.

The New Balance Beantown Bowl will eventually get scrapped like the International Bowl that was at SkyDome.
Terrible job by the NCAA.

Nah it will be fine Fenway is extremely desirable for TV purposes and travel with fans it will be early in the bowl schedule that first weekend when you have crap games like MAC vs MWC.

If it were at Gillette it would be doomed.

This makes too much since not to happen and they aren’t trying to be a major bowl like the Pinstripe is doing.

The top of the AAC is pretty good Memphis, UCF, Cincy, USF, Houston all good programs it will be the 4th best of those schools vs 7-5 ACC team that’s a good game the ack won’t send yukon like all the trolls are claiming.

More often than not I’ll probably want to attend as a neutral and it’ll be great to not have to watch BC locally for a chance.

Nah it will be fine Fenway is extremely desirable for TV purposes and travel with fans it will be early in the bowl schedule that first weekend when you have crap games like MAC vs MWC.

If it were at Gillette it would be doomed.

This makes too much since not to happen and they aren’t trying to be a major bowl like the Pinstripe is doing.

The top of the AAC is pretty good Memphis, UCF, Cincy, USF, Houston all good programs it will be the 4th best of those schools vs 7-5 ACC team that’s a good game the ack won’t send yukon like all the trolls are claiming.

More often than not I’ll probably want to attend as a neutral and it’ll be great to not have to watch BC locally for a chance.
UConn won’t be sent to any bowl, but if they do go to a bowl, it will be this one. Where else would they have a prayer of traveling in non-embarrassing numbers?

UConn won’t be sent to any bowl, but if they do go to a bowl, it will be this one. Where else would they have a prayer of traveling in non-embarrassing numbers?

There will be lesser aac affiliated bowls where they don’t play a P5 opponent for them to go to. This bowl will get a decent aac team which means no uconn.

Idk why people are being haters on a northeast bowl game and think BC or uconn are desirable fanbases for bowl selection when they aren’t. Those two just played each other at Fenway too BC moved a home game there because no one cares about uconn.

It’s a much easier drive to Boston than NYC from Syracuse too.

if this replaces the detroit bowl ill live with it otherwise whats the point

if this year is any indication this game will be the week between christmas and new years like all acc bowls

There will be lesser aac affiliated bowls where they don’t play a P5 opponent for them to go to. This bowl will get a decent aac team which means no uconn.

Idk why people are being haters on a northeast bowl game and think BC or uconn are desirable fanbases for bowl selection when they aren’t. Those two just played each other at Fenway too BC moved a home game there because no one cares about uconn.

It’s a much easier drive to Boston than NYC from Syracuse too.
1. To be clear, I don't hate the idea of NE bowls. I'd take this 1,000x over a Detroit bowl, and I think that the Pinstripe is great.

2. This bowl will take whoever the bowl thinks will travel to it, and that won't be Houston if there is a team within easy driving distance that's eligible. The AAC has very little leverage, so the bowl will have free reign.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom