Votes: 238 94.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • I don’t know yet

Votes: 10 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t have info but I’ve always suspected the reason Lamson left was because he thought he was the best QB on the roster (not saying much). He’s played sparingly at Stanford but I wonder if he might’ve been right. None of it matters now.
I wouldn't blame him, hell, i think Girard left for the same reason

I had a bad feeling when he demanded that everyone close their eyes and poliquin didn't and he got real weird on him

Close your eyes and imagine special teams that are well coached was also part of him big pitch
It was a mind control hypnotic trick. He also said he wanted to be consistently good and not occasionally great and his results are the complete opposite. These are confidence man techniques.

We had a clearly ineffective passing game and a RB who was doing well. We may have even lost yards passing when you factor in sacks, penalties, etc... We should have just chosen to essentially just run 1920's football and run run run.

It was obvious that the only way a passing play would work would be via a fluke.

A few thoughts:
The level of football on both teams was an absolute disgrace. I have never seen so many people leave the dome or any sporting event that was tied like I did last night.
I can say without reservation that CDRW is the worst quarterback I have ever seen at Syracuse. He simply cannot throw and he is not an athletic runner either.
if CDRW is your best back up, then you haven’t done your job recruiting. Every other quarterback, who was not good enough to get in last night should be encouraged to enter the portal after the season. Along with Carlos.
Remember when we thought Beck was a good offensive mind? That was cute.
Our offensive line is horrific.
I don’t know how many more times we have to watch presnap penalties on offense in a dome that is as quiet as a morgue. I don’t know what was more embarrassing moving on fourth and inches or Dino having the stones to actually go complain about it on the field.
And then there was Dino running on first down, and then trying to score at the end of the first half after effectively killing the clock.
Of course, we have a wide receiver gift an interception to a defensive back on one of the rare catchable balls of the night.
Nothing helps momentum like kicking a kick off out of bounds by 30 yards.
Speaking of which, how about Dino running twice to set up a 57 yard kick field goal that Deneberg has already shown he can’t make.
We had the requisite, idiotic personal foul penalties.
Somebody should tell our kickoff returners that if you take a knee in the end zone you get the ball at the 25 so that way we don’t have kids run the ball out of the end zone and start the drive on the 16 or 17.
Our punter is so trick-or-treat, but unfortunately, his good kicks usually go into the end zone.
if Wildhack doesn’t fire Dino, the school is even less serious about football than it appears.

IMG_4218.jpeg

Oooooffff. Just watched the post game presser with Dino. He knows his days are numbered. He's reaching Shafer levels of defensiveness.

Not trying to stir up sympathy for the guy but to be a football coach, especially at the division 1 level, you must have an enormous ego to stomach that kind of stress.

Imagine, 8 years ago, he rolls into Syracuse thinking, 2-4 years tops and then I'm off to a blue blood. Then 2018 happens and he holds out for an even better job, while getting PAID.

Then, your star OC, leaves and almost every OC decision made since is a complete dumpster fire. Your head coaching tenure at Syracuse and maybe anywhere are almost over and this is your legacy to close out your career.

Watching the Dino/Shafer eras unfold, I truly don't understand the appeal of this work.

I think the time has come, perhaps even over due, and definitely sooner rather than later. Fire Dino and get someone to fill in until we cab get a really good coach with a stellar record and name recognition and pay the guy whatever he wants.

Has anyone discussed the wild “half suspension” of cinco?? You broke team rules so you’re not allowed to play defense but you can play special teams. What is going on here!!!
I posted "lol." Does that count as a discussion?

However they fire Dino, hopefully it will be more classy than Boeheim’s exit. That was a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom