Fran brown presser at 3:45 | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Fran brown presser at 3:45

Man...alot of good strong stuff coming out of that conference.

I saw a guy that has been running himself ragged...one can only imagine what he has put himself through
and ACCOMPLISHED over the last few weeks. He looked and sounded a bit fatigued. But the enthusiasm, the focus, the dedication, you feel like it's ALWAYS going to be there.
You could tell he valued what was needed from the S/C coaches.
Jan. 15th is the first meeting and the 16th "it's on". I think the players are about to recognize the importance of the preparation of what goes on between the middle of January and the 1st week in August.
The press can talk to the coaches...you think that might generate more interest in the program and put some "cheeks in the seats?"
Finally, the respect he and coach Nunz have for each other...the value they place on that relationship.
Can you picture what this program is going to produce in the players from when they show up as an 18 y/o and finish some 3-5 years later?
I think we're seeing an attitude, a philosophy that is not going to live only in the confines of a football program but spill over to other and all sports,... the classroom,,,,, the community .
This guy is a workhorse and not a show horse. We are fortunate...

Man...alot of good strong stuff coming out of that conference.

I saw a guy that has been running himself ragged...one can only imagine what he has put himself through
and ACCOMPLISHED over the last few weeks. He looked and sounded a bit fatigued. But the enthusiasm, the focus, the dedication, you feel like it's ALWAYS going to be there.
You could tell he valued what was needed from the S/C coaches.
Jan. 15th is the first meeting and the 16th "it's on". I think the players are about to recognize the importance of the preparation of what goes on between the middle of January and the 1st week in August.
The press can talk to the coaches...you think that might generate more interest in the program and put some "cheeks in the seats?"
Finally, the respect he and coach Nunz have for each other...the value they place on that relationship.
Can you picture what this program is going to produce in the players from when they show up as an 18 y/o and finish some 3-5 years later?
I think we're seeing an attitude, a philosophy that is not going to live only in the confines of a football program but spill over to other and all sports,... the classroom,,,,, the community .
This guy is a workhorse and not a show horse. We are fortunate...
I'm picturing the first team meeting with similar vibes to this:

The biggest thing I appreciated was Fran isn't going to let Syracuse be a joke anymore or be talked about in a negative light and isn't afraid to challenge people on their opinions about Syracuse like with the McCord situation.

Attachments

• IMG_3184.jpeg
    IMG_3184.jpeg
    83.3 KB · Views: 53
After today’s barrage of events, I think I have an upper body injury…oh wait, new regime! I think I tore a rotator cuff from fist pumping the air. And does someone have an Excedrin and a chaser for my dizzying headache? Staring at a phone screen for hours will do that to you. ;)

Thank you, Franta! You’ll get cookies every week for life!!!
I. Have. Done. No. Work. This. Month.

I blame ALL OF YOU, magnificent BASTURDS, for not allowing me to leave this forum for more than an hour at a time.

The firm hates it...but so effen' what? This is something I've hoped to see before they put my ornery, crusty azz in the ground. It's worth it!!! LG fricken O!!!

I like it too. And am not personally a hat wearer.

But how many of us - speaking broadly to the board - refrain from wearing a hat indoors?

Standatds have become pretty sloppy.
He is trying to prepare them for the world, for a world different from and people different than where they are coming from. He is preparing them for life.

He is trying to prepare them for the world, for a world different from and people different than where they are coming from. He is preparing them for life.
Love how he emphasized to the ACC crew, that the important thing he had to do for the players.
Teach them football is just a game, but prepare them for a more important game.
The game of life, he wants each of them to be successful in their lives.

That’s beautifully put.

I remember a mentor from my past who grew up poor but made a lot of money.

When at a social event indoors, he would approach any man wearing a hat and ask him to remove it.

Some thought that extreme or didactic, and maybe it was. But it also was a bit of education about standards, and I didn’t mind it a bit.

Blurbs that’s stand out to me:

1) On Tremble - “He’ll have a chance to come in and learn under Oronde

2). This can’t be understated and probably rings true for all the Georgia kids and McKord; Jackson Meeks, he's going to show guys in that receiver room how to practice. He's a tough guy."

kids on championship teams practice/compete on another level because the competition and intensity is so stiff. They will set the tone and the bar.

3). This was a curious note - Brown reached out early to recruits that were already committed to Syracuse before he became the coach.

So I was on the road for ten hours today. Lots of Sirius listening. Mostly the SEC channel because they talked about signing day and college ball all day long, the ACC channel talked about everything but signing day until late in the day. When they finally got around to it there was no mention of Syracuse at all. Not with recruits or portal. One brief mention of McKord with the slight that Brown took them to task on. No mention of Diggs at TAMU or Yanis who they flipped from Pitt and is the #1 player in NJ and looks like a future AA. Nothing.

To her credit Adrian Adelson is the ONLY ACC talking head who mentioned Syracuse today and it was a ‘I want to give a shout-out to Fran Brown and Syracuse’ for doing a good job down the stretch. She’s my new favorite.

It’s beyond me how you can not talk about the starting OSU quarterback signing with Syracuse. If he was going to Pitt they would’ve given Nardouche a hj over it. Remember how much they talked about QB Jerkovich and he sucked.

Anyhow, I mentioned this a while back that Fran was going to call out the recruiting sites for their BS downgrades and we saw him today call out the McKord nonsense. I’m going to LOVE having a new sheriff in town that calls it like he sees it. You can’t let people put you down or else it’ll never stop. Fran is made for Syracuse I just hope they can coach and win games, because he’s refreshing.

Just got a chance to watch the presser. All I can say is love, love, love, love, love.

Haven't read through five pages, but I am so impressed with what he said about his staff and how he wants to get their voices out there. This isn't anything new, but you can tell he really cares about those guys and he wants them to take advantage of every opportunity to develop as he was given.

So I was on the road for ten hours today. Lots of Sirius listening. Mostly the SEC channel because they talked about signing day and college ball all day long, the ACC channel talked about everything but signing day until late in the day. When they finally got around to it there was no mention of Syracuse at all. Not with recruits or portal. One brief mention of McKord with the slight that Brown took them to task on. No mention of Diggs at TAMU or Yanis who they flipped from Pitt and is the #1 player in NJ and looks like a future AA. Nothing.

To her credit Adrian Adelson is the ONLY ACC talking head who mentioned Syracuse today and it was a ‘I want to give a shout-out to Fran Brown and Syracuse’ for doing a good job down the stretch. She’s my new favorite.

It’s beyond me how you can not talk about the starting OSU quarterback signing with Syracuse. If he was going to Pitt they would’ve given Nardouche a hj over it. Remember how much they talked about QB Jerkovich and he sucked.

Anyhow, I mentioned this a while back that Fran was going to call out the recruiting sites for their BS downgrades and we saw him today call out the McKord nonsense. I’m going to LOVE having a new sheriff in town that calls it like he sees it. You can’t let people put you down or else it’ll never stop. Fran is made for Syracuse I just hope they can coach and win games, because he’s refreshing.
In all fairness, Adelson is much more than a talking head.

If people here knew as much about journalists as they did about 18-year-old DBs, it would be a better world.

What’s remarkable, and surprising that more attention hasn’t been made about this, is that the head coach of SUFB just publicly stated that his goal is to win the National Championship.. and he means it.
Yup. He's dead serious about that and dead serious about everything else. The expectation has been set.

Sorry this has already been discussed but remind me what Fran's previous history/connection with Syracuse/CNY is? Was it just watching the P/DeLeone days or what?

Sorry this has already been discussed but remind me what Fran's previous history/connection with Syracuse/CNY is? Was it just watching the P/DeLeone days or what?
I'm thinking it's because when he was playing, Syracuse was a household name. A place nearby that turned out All Americans and NFL stars. We know he was a fan of Donovan Darius, but he was probably also a fan of Donovan McNabb and the Eagles.

In all ,fairness, Adelson is much more than a talking head.

If people here knew as much about journalists as they did about 18-year-old DBs, it would be a better world.

Not sure what you mean by that. Talking head is not a slight.

Not sure what you mean by that. Talking head is not a slight.
When one is a very talented reporter and writer, talking head is most definitely a slight.

And I get that good writers tend to get TV appearances, which muddies the waters a bit.

But there’s a huge difference between Adelson and an actual talking head like that dbag Finebaum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom