Fran brown presser at 3:45 | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Fran brown presser at 3:45

So I was on the road for ten hours today. Lots of Sirius listening. Mostly the SEC channel because they talked about signing day and college ball all day long, the ACC channel talked about everything but signing day until late in the day. When they finally got around to it there was no mention of Syracuse at all. Not with recruits or portal. One brief mention of McKord with the slight that Brown took them to task on. No mention of Diggs at TAMU or Yanis who they flipped from Pitt and is the #1 player in NJ and looks like a future AA. Nothing.

To her credit Adrian Adelson is the ONLY ACC talking head who mentioned Syracuse today and it was a ‘I want to give a shout-out to Fran Brown and Syracuse’ for doing a good job down the stretch. She’s my new favorite.

It’s beyond me how you can not talk about the starting OSU quarterback signing with Syracuse. If he was going to Pitt they would’ve given Nardouche a hj over it. Remember how much they talked about QB Jerkovich and he sucked.

Anyhow, I mentioned this a while back that Fran was going to call out the recruiting sites for their BS downgrades and we saw him today call out the McKord nonsense. I’m going to LOVE having a new sheriff in town that calls it like he sees it. You can’t let people put you down or else it’ll never stop. Fran is made for Syracuse I just hope they can coach and win games, because he’s refreshing.

It's not classic Syracuse/CNY to observe that they see us as an afterthought...and they always have. Can't wait to shut some mouths as the wins start piling up.
HCFB is our next, maybe last best chance to get back to prominence. And the first a-hole I'd love to shut up is that gargoyle looking turd, Feinbaum.

Last edited:
That’s beautifully put.

I remember a mentor from my past who grew up poor but made a lot of money.

When at a social event indoors, he would approach any man wearing a hat and ask him to remove it.

Some thought that extreme or didactic, and maybe it was. But it also was a bit of education about standards, and I didn’t mind it a bit.
I grew up low middle class lived in a second floor of a home and didn't have a TV until I was in 5th grade. My mom had me at 19 while my Dad finished at SU.
When I started business I had a great mentor who ended up introducing me to Pete, Tommy and my eventual business partners.
It was my first business trip to NYC. I was 22 and greener than a bean. Before I left Warren called me into his office, said some nice things and then said.
" kid remember the next time you wear a suit either wear a belt or wear suspenders but for God's sake never wear them both at the same time".
Warren went onto to teach me so much about a world I didn't have a clue about. Without his guidance and genuine caring of me I wouldn't have made it.
Fran understands that these kids need to realize that it's a big world. One very different from their home and he is uniquely equipped to guide and mentor them. Combine that with honesty, integrity, work ethic, transparency and Faith and its easy to understand his success.
He went hard for the Syracuse job because he knows who he is. Syracuse is the perfect platform for Fran. An eastern football power brand with a rich history. One that has always led in diversity and specifically giving young blacks an opportunity when other institutions didn't. The Ernie Davis Heisman is something no other school can ever replicate. I could go on but in short Syracuse has always led in this very important area and you can tell Fran has an enormous amount of respect for what Syracuse University stands for.
Fran and Syracuse were destined to come together. I fully expect him to do well on the field and absolutely crush it off. He is unique in a really special way.

Blurbs that’s stand out to me:

1) On Tremble - “He’ll have a chance to come in and learn under Oronde

2). This can’t be understated and probably rings true for all the Georgia kids and McKord; Jackson Meeks, he's going to show guys in that receiver room how to practice. He's a tough guy."

kids on championship teams practice/compete on another level because the competition and intensity is so stiff. They will set the tone and the bar.

3). This was a curious note - Brown reached out early to recruits that were already committed to Syracuse before he became the coach.
Also in regards to Jakhari Williams having the opportunity to take over after McCord is here for a year. Seemed like he was impressed.

I grew up low middle class lived in a second floor of a home and didn't have a TV until I was in 5th grade. My mom had me at 19 while my Dad finished at SU.
When I started business I had a great mentor who ended up introducing me to Pete, Tommy and my eventual business partners.
It was my first business trip to NYC. I was 22 and greener than a bean. Before I left Warren called me into his office, said some nice things and then said.
" kid remember the next time you wear a suit either wear a belt or wear suspenders but for God's sake never wear them both at the same time".
Warren went onto to teach me so much about a world I didn't have a clue about. Without his guidance and genuine caring of me I wouldn't have made it.
Fran understands that these kids need to realize that it's a big world. One very different from their home and he is uniquely equipped to guide and mentor them. Combine that with honesty, integrity, work ethic, transparency and Faith and its easy to understand his success.
He went hard for the Syracuse job because he knows who he is. Syracuse is the perfect platform for Fran. An eastern football power brand with a rich history. One that has always led in diversity and specifically giving young blacks an opportunity when other institutions didn't. The Ernie Davis Heisman is something no other school can ever replicate. I could go on but in short Syracuse has always led in this very important area and you can tell Fran has an enormous amount of respect for what Syracuse University stands for.
Fran and Syracuse were destined to come together. I fully expect him to do well on the field and absolutely crush it off. He is unique in a really special way.
I really respect everything you’ve said. And know from my own experience the challenges of growing up poor.

Can identify with and respect Fran in that way.

I find it interesting that a generation ago P brought his Italian-American Homies into the fold and now Fran is doing that with his.

Same but different.

Besides Ernie, you might have added that SU was one of the earliest adopters of Black quarterbacks.
But you’re right, all on the same theme.

So I was on the road for ten hours today. Lots of Sirius listening. Mostly the SEC channel because they talked about signing day and college ball all day long, the ACC channel talked about everything but signing day until late in the day. When they finally got around to it there was no mention of Syracuse at all. Not with recruits or portal. One brief mention of McKord with the slight that Brown took them to task on. No mention of Diggs at TAMU or Yanis who they flipped from Pitt and is the #1 player in NJ and looks like a future AA. Nothing.

To her credit Adrian Adelson is the ONLY ACC talking head who mentioned Syracuse today and it was a ‘I want to give a shout-out to Fran Brown and Syracuse’ for doing a good job down the stretch. She’s my new favorite.

It’s beyond me how you can not talk about the starting OSU quarterback signing with Syracuse. If he was going to Pitt they would’ve given Nardouche a hj over it. Remember how much they talked about QB Jerkovich and he sucked.

Anyhow, I mentioned this a while back that Fran was going to call out the recruiting sites for their BS downgrades and we saw him today call out the McKord nonsense. I’m going to LOVE having a new sheriff in town that calls it like he sees it. You can’t let people put you down or else it’ll never stop. Fran is made for Syracuse I just hope they can coach and win games, because he’s refreshing.
I can't wait until the ACC implodes. We will be in great position to land someplace else now. Hopefully we can steal a championship from them before it happens.

One of my favorite parts of this interview was when Coach Fran talked about his staff. As the head person in charge, you never want to be the smartest person in the room, you hire smarter people than yourself and that's how everyone gets better. He's the decision maker, listen to what they say and go from there.

Also, giving them their due credit. Nicely done coach.

One of my favorite parts of this interview was when Coach Fran talked about his staff. As the head person in charge, you never want to be the smartest person in the room, you hire smarter people than yourself and that's how everyone gets better. He's the decision maker, listen to what they say and go from there.

Also, giving them their due credit. Nicely done coach.
these comments are what did it for me. These comments tell me the actual coaching will be fine because he just showed me he’s not an egomaniac. It’s about team and not about pithy movie quotes

He is so awesome. I can’t believe he’s our HC. Just seems like we’re finally the team that is turning heads by making a new hire. Like our last new hires didn’t do much nationally at all. Other and more fan bases are hearing about HCFB and cuse now. It’s the exact hiring we needed.

So, I wasn't the only one that was told this (or something similar) in their first real-world business experience. :)

Sorry this has already been discussed but remind me what Fran's previous history/connection with Syracuse/CNY is? Was it just watching the P/DeLeone days or what?
In one his early interviews after being named the coach, Fran said that, when he was a kid (teen), the first college game he saw in person was an SU game at the Meadowlands. He said a bunch of Camden kids were taken up as a group and it was SU against a Big Ten team (Wisc, Mich or tOSU, I think). The opponent had a Heisman-trophy-candidate running back who got completely shut down by Donovan Darius and company. Evidently, that game and all the things hungrychuck and cliftonparksufan mention above had a lasting impact on him.

I can't wait until the ACC implodes. We will be in great position to land someplace else now. Hopefully we can steal a championship from them before it happens.
Not something l relish but when the reorganization happens, hopefully we'll be established and won't be an afterthought. We'll have HCFB (and ADJW) to thank.

IMG_1704.jpeg

I really respect everything you’ve said. And know from my own experience the challenges of growing up poor.

Can identify with and respect Fran in that way.

I find it interesting that a generation ago P brought his Italian-American Homies into the fold and now Fran is doing that with his.

Same but different.

Besides Ernie, you might have added that SU was one of the earliest adopters of Black quarterbacks.
But you’re right, all on the same theme.
How many D-1 programs have a black HC, OC & DC? Syracuse and...

How many D-1 programs have a black HC, OC & DC? Syracuse and...

Personally I like a staff that doesn't tell you what you want to hear to what you need to hear like the proverbial snake oil salesmen.

That said, we are at the honey moon stage here with Fran so we'll see his true base when it gets tough but I believe he'll stay true to who he is. I Hope it's a well worth journey.

In one his early interviews after being named the coach, Fran said that, when he was a kid (teen), the first college game he saw in person was an SU game at the Meadowlands. He said a bunch of Camden kids were taken up as a group and it was SU against a Big Ten team (Wisc, Mich or tOSU, I think). The opponent had a Heisman-trophy-candidate running back who got completely shut down by Donovan Darius and company. Evidently, that game and all the things hungrychuck and cliftonparksufan mention above had a lasting impact on him.
It was the 1997 Kickoff Classic against Wisconsin and we shut them and Ron Dayne down.

Very well said.

Great Gatsby Movie GIF by Sony

So, I wasn't the only one that was told this (or something similar) in their first real-world business experience. :)
With me it was shoes. I used to wear these raggedy boots, well-polished mind you, with my suit every day.
Supervisor pulled me aside one day and gave me the heads-up. Always appreciated it.

With me it was shoes. I used to wear these raggedy boots, well-polished mind you, with my suit every day.
Supervisor pulled me aside one day and gave me the heads-up. Always appreciated it.
A colleague once did this to a younger colleague...except it was a bar and it was: "if I ever catch you dressing like a waiter again, I'll kill you." He changed his attire from then on out. Probably the most impactful real life advice he ever got. The bedside manner could have been better but the advice was solid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom