Fran Brown | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those kids aren’t coming here. We will get the ones that go to the SEC and find out they can’t play at that level.
We've got two QB's who seem to be overrated 4 stars so don't need anymore of those that's for sure. That's one reason we were in do-do at times when GS got hurt.

Head coaches aren’t the ones doing the heavy lifting in recruiting though. Brown has barely been a coordinator at this level. Being a high level recruiter does not equal great game planner or in game coach. More than anything that is what we needed. I’ll take a guy like Marrone every single day of the week over someone who hasn’t even established themselves as a coordinator.
They're not, but their name and relationships can get their team in the door.

Are you familiar with the phrase...catching lightning in a bottle? That is what we need here...we need to get lucky, hire a guy, with some intangibles , and maybe, just maybe, he just kills it and exceeds all of our expectations.

I agree. And I think Chesney “could” be that guy. I liked Chesney before the whole Mullen saga but every coach has the potential to fail. I think Chesney has the intangibles you’re talking about, just everything I read about him and watching his coaching on YouTube.

I don’t see Brown being someone Wildhack would hire unless he crushed it in the interview. imo Chesney is the guy that screams Wildhack hire.
I don't think he's a horrible candidate. He's not a retread, so he's got no record against him (or for him for that matter). He's worked under some very good HC's. Rhule thought highly enough of him to make him an AHC. And you can't argue with his recruiting connections both in the South and the North. He's NE guy. And he did play pro as well.

If he killed it in an interview, I'd take him over a MAC lifer. For sure.

I don't think he's a horrible candidate. He's not a retread, so he's got no record against him (or for him for that matter). He's worked under some very good HC's. Rhule thought highly enough of him to make him an AHC. And you can't argue with his recruiting connections both in the South and the North. He's NE guy. And he did play pro as well.

If he killed it in an interview, I'd take him over a MAC lifer. For sure.
Fwiw if i had to chose i would take Brown over any other name mentioned besides Chesney. He seems to have that charisma where he could do very well recruiting. It’s not like he doesn’t have the same relationships, he was just recruiting a different level of player. Also, if you look at his players that hit the portal this year, most likely for a G5/P5 program, you can tell he has done an excellent job of identifying and developing talent.

IMG_9021.jpeg

Wildhack is generally a guy who hires based on resume

Chesney actually doesn’t really check that box
Candle probably has the best resume but he is soooo Midwestern.

Lmao. Recruiting is becoming who has the best NIL deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom