Fran Brown | Page 86 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah this hire looks better by the minute. Hasn’t even been officially announced yet and we have 2 recruits that looked to be headed Rutgers way now have basically said they want to play for Syracuse. Put together a staff that can coach them up and I’ll run through a wall.

Thamel on ESPN just said Cuse will announce Brown this afternoon.
MV5BOWMxOGMwMTItMTVmYy00NzhkLWJmMWEtY2U0MzVlMTc0MTAyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTc5MDI5NjE@._V1_.jpg

This seems similar to hiring Red. No, Fran is not an alum, nor has he worked for Syracuse for a long time, also he isn't following a legend. Ok, so maybe he isn't similar at all. The part that I think is similar is that I think Fran, if hired, will win the off-season. His talent accumulation will be impressive and have us thinking big for next season. But, his lack of head coaching experience may lead to a slow start to the season. Either way, bring him on, change was needed.
His own quote “no one is gonna outwork me”.

The 5 years of DC experience for Freeman stand out as a major difference.
I’m not discounting it and Brown technically had 1 season as a co-defensive coordinator. Just saying I see a lot of other parallels. Trying to be positive with this hire after not getting Mullen.

I’m not discounting it and Brown technically had 1 season as a co-defensive coordinator. Just saying I see a lot of other parallels. Trying to be positive with this hire after not getting Mullen.
Im thinking he is gonna really surprise a lot of people with his ability to pull in players. Obviously he’ll need to back that up with a good assistant coaching decisions.

I am beginning to understand Wildhack's logic. When we were good, we recruited NJ well, among other adjacent states along with Florida. The best way to recruit NJ well is to get Fran Brown and have Coach Nunz on board. Hopefully Fran can coach

I'm like 20 minutes from Camden, might check out a few games from a distance...lol

I am surprised no one has referenced Marcus Freeman as a comparable coach to Fran Brown when he was hired as HC at Notre Dame. Freeman is younger that Brown too. He did have 4-5 years as a DC and prior experience at ND but other than that there are some comparisons IMO. Thoughts?
I follow ND in addition to being an alum and STH for SU. I thought about the comparison but Freeman was already at ND and it was an internal promotion that the players all supported which was what pushed it over the top. I'm not sure what, if any role the players had in this choice and as you state, Freeman was a DC not just a position coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom