Francis new podcast | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Francis new podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's one hell of a run-on sentence.

Yeah it's really funny how people will write run-on sentences as if they just can't stop talking making point after point after point when I was in college my English 101 teacher used to write on my papers that I had run-on sentences and I really did not understand what she was saying until I was much older and then I finally got what it was about but it's just that I have so much say and I just can't say it fast enough I hope you can forgive me for all my failings at least fantasy football starts this week.

image.png
I figured it out for iphone

1. Make sure you arent listening to the podcast. That messed me up for some reason. Click on another one
2. Go to search (bottom right) and search for otto's world, hit search
3. Click on the otto's world pod to enter
4. For some reason, now there will be the review button in the middle, between details and related (see above)
5. Click it and you will have to sign in
6. The rest is self explanatory

Not sure why if you subscribe you cant just leave a review. Its a bit maddening

The key is to search for the pod. For whatever reason, when i was listening to it, the search function wasnt working properly. Try clicking on another pod to see if that works.

Yeah it's really funny how people will write run-on sentences as if they just can't stop talking making point after point after point when I was in college my English 101 teacher used to write on my papers that I had run-on sentences and I really did not understand what she was saying until I was much older and then I finally got what it was about but it's just that I have so much say and I just can't say it fast enough I hope you can forgive me for all my failings at least fantasy football starts this week.
At least you provided some closure by ending yours with a period.

I love listening to Francis. His delivery voice and commentary wrapped around solid information is the recruit nic equivalent of a well done audio book. His comment on Kentucky not creating pros rather recruiting them is a classic.

I can't figure it out. Maybe Tee can help dumb it down for me...
If you have an iPhone or iPad, or iAnything whenever that comes out ;) it's fairly easy:
Find Otto's World Recruiting by opening up the Podcasts App on your device and using the Search feature.
From there, go to any episode's Reviews Tab and there will be a link "Write a Review". Make sure to hit the 5 starts too!

You could potentially work a magic show here by using the View in iTunes link, but that's for a rainy day. (Actually just tried the link. You would have to get iTunes on your PC and open the podcast that way if you don't have an apple product).
Otto's World Podcast by Otto's World on iTunes

Otherwise, another device that can has an app to open these podcasts would do. But I suspect if you don't have an apple device but download iTunes to a PC, you could try the magic show option b I mentioned.

I love listening to Francis. His delivery voice and commentary wrapped around solid information is the recruit nic equivalent of a well done audio book. His comment on Kentucky not creating pros rather recruiting them is a classic.
Muchas gracias. Cal telling top 10 prospects that he's the only one that can develop them into pros in the one and done era is pure classic spit. On the other hand it works for him, so I can't hate the playa or the game.

Otto's World: Otto's World Podcast Episode 17
Decided to drop a new pod giving quick updates on where things stand with our main targets. #PanicFreeZone

Great job as always, Francis.

One thing I'd like to mention that is worth being concerned about: you mention how Quade likes the process and the recruiting spotlight, so he might let it play out for quick a while. I get it. He's a kid who likes attention but if he doesn't commit soon enough that really could hurt him because it won't help us get other recruits. So Quade might be in the spotlight but if we are not able to build a great team around him, that would hurt him in a big way.

One thing I'd like to mention that is worth being concerned about: you mention how Quade likes the process and the recruiting spotlight, so he might let it play out for quick a while. I get it. He's a kid who likes attention but if he doesn't commit soon enough that really could hurt him because it won't help us get other recruits. So Quade might be in the spotlight but if we are not able to build a great team around him, that would hurt him in a big way.

I have the feeling the cool factor of the attention will wear off soon. Especially as he sees teams cooling on him and starting to get serious about other options. I am hoping he decides to pull the trigger in the fall period.

At this point he's just delaying the obvious unless he really wants to wait on UK to see what Trae Young is going to do. Duke has moved on, UK won't accept his commitment until Young decides, KU has a few other guards on a higher priority list than him. At the end of the day, it's his decision and he has every right to do as he pleases. Hopefully he'll decide sooner than later.

At this point he's just delaying the obvious unless he really wants to wait on UK to see what Trae Young is going to do. Duke has moved on, UK won't accept his commitment until Young decides, KU has a few other guards on a higher priority list than him. At the end of the day, it's his decision and he has every right to do as he pleases. Hopefully he'll decide sooner than later.

Still though it seems like stud SG or SF types like Walker, Tucker, Randolph, etc., are going to be dragging out their recruitments as well, right? For sure Bamba will so we probably don't need to worry about others not joining Quade since they will be undecided still too?

Still though it seems like stud SG or SF types like Walker, Tucker, Randolph, etc., are going to be dragging out their recruitments as well, right? For sure Bamba will so we probably don't need to worry about others not joining Quade since they will be undecided still too?

A top five recruit like Bamba can do what he wants and many top schools will patiently wait. But when we roll up on November and kids start committing then the panic sets in on both sides. Kids commit even when not sure of their decision because they're afraid to lose the spot at a college. Schools decide to take a plan b because they are afraid to strike out at a position of need.

Not that it's going to happen, but what would SU do if Matt Coleman wants to commit on his visit? He's a great player, but it looks as if Quade is the top choice. Would they wait?

The good news there, is that all of those players are headed into the final stretch of their recruitment. So we shouldn't expect things to drag past the fall signing period. Difference and concern between them and Q. Green, is that the staff has done everything to put themselves in a good position to secure his commitment already. Unfortunately we're still playing the waiting game with no immediate signs for a conclusion. With the others, the staff knows that they have to put in more work and there is still plenty to play out in those situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.