FSU vs The ACC | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

FSU vs The ACC

I would think $100 million would be a bargain vs the $500 million they're on the hook for.
I cannot, under any circumstances, see the ACC agreeing to $100 million and if they ever did, they deserve to be put out of their misery.
I agree. Disturbing to see the tweet.

Remember the
ACC can add members and keep the contract intact. Worse case scenario that is exactly what happens and SU gets a nice 50 to 60 million a year while having a punchers chance at the Dance

There are way too many teams for the ACC to add that it has to worry about disbanding.
Oregon State and Washington State to begin with.
Central Florida
Tulane
and half of the big 12 when their contract is up.

The ACC needs to never settle. They have to take this all the way. Hold FSU to every dollar possible. But whatever they do don't settle. In addition, they need to start having discussions with other schools and get in front of this. My choice would be to add a Florida school Tulane and the two West Coast schools.

BC
SU
WAKE
LV
PITT
NC STATE
SMU
CAL
STANFORD
VTECH
DUKE
ND

Will all stay. we know that VA FSU and NC are coveted. Gtech, Miami are wild cards. I actually think that Miami sticks in the ACC. So worst case scenario we get rid of NC VA and NC and Add three schools. The ACC is going to remain in third place and do just fine as it will have a chance to get a team into the playoff each year.

Nobody watches BC or Wake - just for starters. Being located near a lot of people has meaning in itself. The key is having proven viewers. Ok St, for example, has many more proven viewers for its football than BC and Wake and Dook.

BC, by themselves, are not going to move the needle. But they are the team of Flutie and great games vs. Notre Dame, who love the exposure to Boston's Irish Catholics. They are the hardcore ND subway alumni.

Wake, I agree, is not a "brand". BC is, as loathe as you may be to admit it. And even if most of Boston is a pro sports town, it's better to be in front of the Boston media than have no presence in that market at all.

BC
SU
WAKE
LV
PITT
NC STATE
SMU
CAL
STANFORD
VTECH
DUKE
ND

Will all stay. we know that VA FSU and NC are coveted. Gtech, Miami are wild cards. I actually think that Miami sticks in the ACC. So worst case scenario we get rid of NC VA and NC and Add three schools. The ACC is going to remain in third place and do just fine as it will have a chance to get a team into the playoff each year.

I don't think Miami has any place to go. Mediocre academics, low attendance and playing in a pro town, when UF and Fla State are the real draws.

Ga Tech, I could see them fitting in the Big 10, if they want to roll the dice. UNC and UVa as well.

But Pitt and SU could fit the Big 10 as well. Will there only be 2 big conferences, when the dust settles?

Let the last couple of teams that can get into the P2 go. The P2 can become triple A semipro, The rest of FBS college football should then work together and get a TV contract with semi-equal distribution and have an NIL cap. I don't look at the B1G and the SEC as college sports anymore and I think the collegiate division would have more fan interest. Several of the teams in the P2 might want to go to the collegiate division so they probably end up with 32 teams.

I will say this, FSU better hope they are getting into the B1G as we have a better chance of getting into the SEC than FSU does now. I’m sure that is their plan with the B1G but even they have a limit on the damage being done. FSU could be out in the cold with no where to go except the B12.

This is not a reputable source. Just a random guy who bought a blue check mark.
Apologies then.

I think FSU being left out was a Diss to the entire ACC. I dont care that they are making a stink.

Looks like they'll be without 20 players, for the bowl. 2 WRs listed at RB? Good. I dont care if they take a knee, every snap. Sure. Sour grapes. But if the advertisers are pissed when everyone turns it off? I really don't care. Its about $$. I dont mind pissing off $$.

I may be acting like an impetuous child, but I kinda hope FSU doesn't even try. Maybe they can roll a few Oline, in at QB... nice!

Last edited:
I don't think Miami has any place to go. Mediocre academics, low attendance and playing in a pro town, when UF and Fla State are the real draws.

Ga Tech, I could see them fitting in the Big 10, if they want to roll the dice. UNC and UVa as well.

But Pitt and SU could fit the Big 10 as well. Will there only be 2 big conferences, when the dust settles?
Miami doesn't have mediocre academics

Why would it be a lock that the B12's next deal is better? Ask the PAC how that worked out. Money is starting to dry up and networks will want to have funds available to grab part of the B1G pie. Also the ACC has a network so there is greater potential to surpass those numbers in that chart. The B12 TV money is set in stone.
The conference networks as part of the cable bundle are at peak revenues right now. Shortly, they will be selling the SECN, BTN, and ACCN direct to consumers as Disney will be doing with ESPN. Conference network revenues can go up if they are successful selling direct to consumers, but that is not a sure bet for all of the cable networks.

This is not a reputable source. Just a random guy who bought a blue check mark.
Pretty sure this case will be moved. By-laws state where the jurisdiction is I think. Maybe one of our board attorneys can confirm

Courts don't keep an eye on what potential litigants do. The enforce the relevant laws. The GOR they signed is enforceable and they don't have much of a legal leg to stand on. All they can do is attempt to buy their way out. Bankrupt the whole state university system for all I care. It's not like they are doing much educating lately.

"The P3"... SEC, B1G, & B12 is what they are going to argue... That the media rights negotiated by the ACC are now so paltry compared to the other 3 conferences mentioned, that the results of those negotiations amounted to professional negligence and a breach of contract by the ACC.

That breach should allow them to break their conference agreement without GOR penalty,

It's not an easy defense but succeeding is not out of the realm of possibilty.

Miami doesn't have mediocre academics
As former Miami President Tad Foote knew, a few years of Miami in the ACC would get Miami into the AAU. Even 15 years ago, very few thought that ND would ever get in to the AAU. That also happened after ND getting into the ACC. FSU now is widely refuted among a small group of Next Isn for the AAU. Also impossible without ACC membership for 30 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom