Fun off-season question for everyone.. | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Fun off-season question for everyone..

40% Syracuse basketball
35% Syracuse football
10% Washington Nationals
10% Philadelphia Eagles
3% US Men's National Team
2% Chicago Bulls

Syracuse lax is in there too, but I don't follow them strongly enough to really know where to put them, despite rooting hard for the team whenever I find them on TV. It would probably be different if I lived in CNY and not Texas.

I also agree with Jake, it's Syracuse basketball and football 100% of the time, but in following the way the question was set up, the above is about how I'd break it down.

SU Football 50%
SU Basketball 50%

i'm guessing if this question was asked on the football forum the numbers for syracuse football and basketball would be switched? or at least i hope they would?

SU Football - 35%
SU Basketball - 35%
Giants Football - 10%
Yankees - 10%
SU Lax, Golf, Knicks, Rangers - 10%
During college football & basketball seasons my Saturday's are dedicated to as many non SU games as I can squeeze in.

I used to work for the basketball team, so its almost like I feel like a different fan for them vs. the teams that I haven't actually been involved with. I would say:
35% Mets
35% SU Basketball
20% NY Giants
6% SU football
3% NYKnicks
1% Jon Jones

I consider myself to be a huge Giants fan by the way. And much of the reason I put the Mets equal to SU despite having worked for the team is because the Mets still have more of a far away haven't been involved in feel. One of the other differences with the love of the Mets is that baseball provides a minor league system to follow as well. Minor leagues are much better to follow than recruiting and has a ton more depth.

I would have put the Knicks closer to the Giants back when I was in high school and college during the 90's. It just got too hard with Isiah to watch a team with no hope.

That all said, I still think the NFL is the easiest to follow, especially with a 2 year old daughter.

95% Cuse basketball. Its the only concious sport for me really. The one sport I have full heart for.
The only sport I stress enough over to die from.
2% CUSE players in the NBA I do have heart in for them in the playoffs
2% Cuse football but I do have a ton of heart when they are playing. Its like a suprise though, like a event at a fair.
1 percent- Any other sport that I occasionally feel for. USA in the world cup and the Yankees in the playoffs the NBA olypic teams I root for.

All my luck goes to Cuse basketaball. Its the only sport that is going to owe me championships ;)

45% SU Football
45% SU Basketball
5% Golf
5% Olympics

I'm not really a pro fan, though I love fantasy football. I rarely watch even part of pro FB games but love the statistical exercise of fantasy football. Even though I consider myself the same level of fan for both SU FB and BB, I think the FB team needs me more as a fan than does BB. I also prefer to travel to football games more than basketball games. Winter and I quit being friends about 25 years ago so I prefer to travel to games in the months that snow isn't the primary opponent.

One odd stat that I don't think anyone else can match: two of my kids were born on Super Bowl Sunday, three years apart. They don't like that I prefer to celebrate both birthdays on Super Bowl Sunday than on the actual date they were born. However, it's much easier and more efficient to celebrate them together, plus I never have to remember the exact date of their birthdays. They were born during the Super Bowl and that's plenty for me to remember.

Interesting read.

I'm 100 percent SU football during football season.

I watch some NFL football but have no rooting interest.

Come college basketball season, I'm 100 percent SU hoops.

I don't watch the NBA but follow Melo and root for him to do well. I figure it's good pub for SU.

Once SU hoops are done, I split my time between SU lax and the Red Sox. The Sox carry me through summer until practice starts in August for SU football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a far bigger fan of college athletics than pro.

45% Syracuse Orange Football
40% Syracuse Orange Basketball
7.5% Syracuse Orange Lacrosse
7.5% New York Yankees

I watch the NFL and NBA more in general, than any specific team in either sport.

Crikey. Tough.

SU Football - 50%
SU Basketball - 25%
Patriots - 15%
Red Sox - 7%
Bruins - 1%
SU Lax - 1%
US Soccer - 1%

47% SU Hoops
47% SU Football
2% NY Jets
2% NY Yankees
1% USA Mens Soccer
0.5% Brooklyn Nets (playoffs only - was a fan of theirs going back to NJ)
0.5% NJ Devils (playoffs only)

Syracuse University 70%
Real Madrid 10%
Ravens 5%
Knicks 5%
Yankees 5%
George St. Pierre 5%

I tried to break down my fandom as close as possible. It really goes like this:

I care about many teams but my heart and passion is truly with Syracuse University. Obviously SU basketball has been my #1 and will forever be my all time favorite. I will invest some serious dough in SU merchandise and game tickets. I have a few Madrid jerseys and watch their games as much as possible. I have a yankees cap around somewhere too. Carmelo is my favorite athlete and so too are the knicks my favorite NBA team. I watch every GSP fight and enjoy Sundays when my Ravens are playing. But SU is the only team that truly affects my life.

30% SU Football
24% SU Basketball
15% Boston Bruins
10% New England Patriots
10% Boston Red Sox
10% Tottenham Hotspur/US Soccer
1% Boston Celtics

30% SU Football
24% SU Basketball
15% Boston Bruins
10% New England Patriots
10% Boston Red Sox
10% Tottenham Hotspur/US Soccer
1% Boston Celtics
Your list just read like a meal where the appetizer was delicious and then they bring the entree and you get salmonella.

I got asked this question at RFD before the SU/Indiana game and thought it was fun.

What is the percentage breakdown of your sports fandom? Meaning, out of 100 percentage points, how much would you allocate to each of your favorite teams based on how much you care about them and how much of your time/money you put into supporting them?

Mine is extremely boring... 50% SU basketball, 50% SU football. I literally care about nothing else.

But I'm guessing other people have much more interesting ones... e.g.
30% SU hoops
25% SU football
20% Giants
10% Yankees
5% Knicks
etc. etc.

What's yours?
75% Syracuse Hoops
15% Syracuse Football
10% Syracuse Lax

For me it would have to depend on the season. But not bringing that into play I would have to say;

SU BBall - 40%
Eagles - 20%
SU Fball - 20%
Spurs - 10%
Other SU sports - Womens Volleyball and Basketball, Lacrosse - 5%
Reds - 2%
Rays - 2%
Knicks - .5% for Carmelo
Sabres - .5%

I know this equals 100% already but I have to make mine equal 300% because I am 100% for whoever plays the Cowgirls and 100% in hating everything Boston sports.

27.5% SU Football
27.5% SU Basketball
20% Cowboys Football
15% Flyers Hockey
7% SU Lax
2.5% Red Sox
0.5% golf, Knicks, Syr Crunch, any other random sport i forgot.

Looking at the list above, my wife will be happy and sports free from memorial day until labor day (unless the knicks make a deep run and i surprise myself by actually watching a full nba game).

Great question. But I have to divie it up differently.

I'm interested in SU hoops 100% of my waking life.

I'm interested in SU football, 100% of the time that SU hoops is not in season.

NFL on Sundays only.

Hockey during the Stanley cup.

Golf majors.

Have nearly given up on baseball - maybe because I'm a braves fan, maybe because its run by idiots.

NBA = do not watch.
I would say this is pretty accurate for me. Syracuse basketball and football are my two passions. But I haven't given up on baseball. It is run by idiots but I still love the Braves. Maybe living in KC and watching the Royals massacre the fundamentals of baseball for the past 15 years has made me appreciate the Braves even more, despite their annoying habit of falling short in the playoffs. :)

Syracuse Basketball - 40%
Washington Nationals - 40%
Syracuse Football - 5%
New York Giants - 5%
USMNT- 5%
NYS High School Basketball - 5%

Good question and tough one for sure.

I will say 40 percent cuse hoops
20 percent cuse football - ( Im an alum but grew up in a cuse hoops/penn st football household so this number grows every year)
10 percent Arsenal
10 percent cowboys cheerleaders
10 percent knicks
5 percent cuse lacrosse
5 percent mets

I know some of this is sort of simultaneous vs (off-season)
Fixed

SU Hoops 70%
NY Giants 15%
SU Football 7.5%
NY Yankees 7.5%

and I really love the Giants...

Cool thread. It's interesting to see the football/basketball mix. Here's mine:

28% Cuse hoops
28% Yankees
13% Knicks
13% Dolphins
13% Cuse football