Future Campus Framework Presentation... | Page 59 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Presentation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much going on in this space so I thought I would add this. Vegas looking to get the Raiders may build a new domed stadium. Ok, the design works in a desert but not in our great white north. Also, the $1.9B price tag is a little (ok, a lot) crazy and includes a $100M practice facility.

SNTIC Stadium Presentation

Not much going on in this space so I thought I would add this. Vegas looking to get the Raiders may build a new domed stadium. Ok, the design works in a desert but not in our great white north. Also, the $1.9B price tag is a little (ok, a lot) crazy and includes a $100M practice facility.

SNTIC Stadium Presentation

Can't be in Las Vegas, not enough neon. Besides, Black and Silver neon just don't have the appeal. Now if you have a slot machine on the back of the chairs so people can lose money while watching, well, you may have a winner.

nightprom4.jpg

I wish they'd get a formal announcement out with actual plans and details...seems to really be dragging in that regard.

Somebody got wind of our suggestion to offer Carrier a one time deal or SU goes to Trane (or other AC company): "Welcome to the Carrier Dome, Air Conditioned by Trane, because nothing stops a Trane" or, "When the
Carrier Dome needed AC, they turned to Trane because nothing stops a Trane."

NOOOOOOOOOO

I preferred the sauna

It's OK, my Orange/NASA friend, scientists have made them much smaller than the original sized sauna at Syracuse. Health clubs the world over have saunas now. You can even get one installed in your own home. And pant it orange. And put a bubble on it.

Besides, is it really that much fun to use the sauna with 40,000 or so of your closest friends? I mean, you can only coordinate such events a half dozen or so times per year.

Should we basically shut this thread down until next off-season or will there be any news leaks or specific details released in the interim? I'd like to assume that they are moving ahead with the process and finalizing budgets, contracts, etc. Just seems like there's an almost intentional void - $200M+ investment and all we know for sure is there will be some type of new roof and A/C. Is it really this complicated to finalize things or are they still looking for a handout from Cuomo?

Last edited:
chris carlson ‏@ccarlsononSU
Syracuse holding campus-wide engagement session on campus framework today. Led by Pete Sala. Not expecting new info but will Tweet any.

Syracuse discussing the potential of connecting Schine Student Center and Bird Library. Decision likely based on donor involvement.

Potential rendering includes tearing down Sheraton parking garage, adding university building. Sala says garage is an "eyesore."

Campus Framework is described by Sala as "20-year roadmap."

Revised academic framework will be presented to campus in January.

Syracuse said portions of campus framework will be based on government funding and support. Likely part of why everything is "proposed."

Sala said the National Veterans Resource Complex rendering is "spot on." SU looking to make it as close as possible to what's public.

Sala says Archbold Gymnasium rendering that is public is what it "will or could" look like.

Here is that "Arch" rendering.:

CsQilE5WEAAqTT8.jpg

Sala said Syracuse is hopeful Archbold construction will begin in December.

Sala says Dome is "moving target" and school is in a "pretty good place."

Sala says Dome is three projects to price out. There is roof, interior and exterior. School is close to finalizing roof price

Sala says goal is to build new roof over old roof, goal is not to lose a football or basketball game.

Pete Sala says Dome remains "very conceptual."

Question asked if current Dome could get AC before full renovation: Sala said it could be part of phasing, they are discussing.

Last edited:
chris carlson ‏@ccarlsononSU
Syracuse holding campus-wide engagement session on campus framework today. Led by Pete Sala. Not expecting new info but will Tweet any.

Syracuse discussing the potential of connecting Schine Student Center and Bird Library. Decision likely based on donor involvement.

Potential rendering includes tearing down Sheraton parking garage, adding university building. Sala says garage is an "eyesore."

Campus Framework is described by Sala as "20-year roadmap."
Apparently anything related to parking on or near the SU campus is going to be removed.

"Let them walk or ride bikes." Pete Sala September 2016

Sala says Dome is three projects to price out. There is roof, interior and exterior. School is close to finalizing roof price

Sala says goal is to build new roof over old roof, goal is not to lose a football or basketball game.

Admittedly I haven't been following this as closely as others so correct me if I'm wrong, but I wonder if Sala's comments about the Dome project as three separate stages and seemingly three separate budgets suggest that it will be done over the course of a couple of years? So you do the roof first in year one and retain the current interior configuration for a school year, and then you do the exterior and interior a year later?

Admittedly I haven't been following this as closely as others so correct me if I'm wrong, but I wonder if Sala's comments suggest that the Dome project will be done over a couple years? So you do the roof first in year one and retain the current interior configuration for a school year, and then you do the exterior and interior in year 2?

Probably more like three. But you've got the general idea right.

sutomcat said:
Apparently anything related to parking on or near the SU campus is going to be removed. "Let them walk or ride bikes." Pete Sala September 2016

That's disappointing.

building the new roof over the old roof is in line with what i heard of adding luxury boxes around the top ring. i would expect that to include new press boxes and coaches boxes. this would allow for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom