Future Campus Framework Presentation... | Page 57 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Presentation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping they're leaving sufficient space in the Dome for ACC Network production facilities.
Sounds like NC State is angling to be ACC Network HQ.

Hoping that black sign with the comic sans falls off. C'mon, Wildhack - first order of business.

The statues can be the second order of business...

syracuse-orangemen-nike-dunk-low-3.jpg

We posted so much about Viking Stadium on here in our discussions on the Dome renovation thought I would post the video of the completed US Bank stadium.

ugh...I keep seeing updates in this thread just hoping for some new info on the dome roof!! C'mon Syracuse...Cuse is supposed to be the new fast!!!

Syracuse University's relationship with veterans, explained

The NVRC would be built on the western portion of Waverly Avenue near the SU campus, and is tentatively set to be completed by spring 2019. The total cost is estimated at $62.5 million. The complex will have classrooms, a conference center and an auditorium. In addition, the NVRC is expected to build a gallery space showing the university’s service to veterans over the years.

Screed. Nice word...

Indeed it is.

The first three days of the curing process is the most critical. Hopefully, with pouring in these high temps, they have plastic or spraying techniques allowing for the concrete to cure optimally allowing for none or nominal shrinkage. As we all know, there's generally nothing good about shrinkage. ;):)

Indeed it is.

The first three days of the curing process is the most critical. Hopefully, with pouring in these high temps, they have plastic or spraying techniques allowing for the concrete to cure optimally allowing for none or nominal shrinkage. As we all know, there's generally nothing good about shrinkage. ;):)

um, I don't mean to be argumentative, but if they can pour concrete in July/August down here in Houston, then surely it's not that difficult in Syracuse.

um, I don't mean to be argumentative, but if they can pour concrete in July/August down here in Houston, then surely it's not that difficult in Syracuse.

Yes they can. They most likely place additives down there in Houston to allow for the concrete not to dry too fast, etc. Or, as I mentioned, cover it with plastic and/or a light spraying/misting of water, etc. over it once it has "set up" to compensate for the less than ideal pouring situation. Just stating that the first 3 days of the curing process is most critical.

Indeed it is.

Well here you go...

OttoMets the video above demonstrates quite a bit of landscaping needed to replace the torn up lawn, etc. I'm nervous lol. Also a bit concerned the "ends," of the promenade are gonna just entail some concrete slabs and then roadway again. It just doesn't seem to naturally mesh with the road on either side. Hope it doesn't have the "we just blocked this former thruway off with some potted plants," look. I'm curious to say the least.

OttoMets the video above demonstrates quite a bit of landscaping needed to replace the torn up lawn, etc. I'm nervous lol. Also a bit concerned the "ends," of the promenade are gonna just entail some concrete slabs and then roadway again. It just doesn't seem to naturally mesh with the road on either side. Hope it doesn't have the "we just blocked this former thruway off with some potted plants," look. I'm curious to say the least.

Yeah, I wonder how they'll make the transition, especially at the west end. I remember they used planters for years on University before they rebuilt the block. Same thing for the promenade by Archbold and Gate E, I imagine it'll look a little like that.

ugh...I keep seeing updates in this thread just hoping for some new info on the dome roof!! C'mon Syracuse...Cuse is supposed to be the new fast!!!
I hear ya, man. It's so quiet, you wonder if Mr White is in charge of the PR.

Does the promenade also mean they're going to take out the walls/road in front of Lyman/Smith? Because it would look very odd without a connecting road.

Does the promenade also mean they're going to take out the walls/road in front of Lyman/Smith? Because it would look very odd without a connecting road.

They moved the road over to the College Place side, for parking lot access, the road's footprint will be another sidewalk. Those gateway pillars stay, maybe they're going to spruce them up (I know the two light fixtures had different colored glass since I've been up here).

Summer Construction Update: July 25
July 25, 2016 • by admin
This week, the Office of Campus Planning, Design and Construction will host its fourth summer construction information session. The session is scheduled for Wednesday, July 27, at 9:30 a.m. in Lyman Auditorium. For more information, please visit SU News. I hope you can join us.

Those of you on campus or watching progress via the live construction camera have probably noticed that construction across campus has been progressing at a rapid pace. Many projects are nearing completion, with several wrapping up in the first week of August. Some work will continue into the fall, and our team will continue communicating with those campus community members impacted by ongoing construction.

Updates this week include:

• Brockway Brewster Boland Electrical Service Replacement: The deep excavation across Van Buren Street began a week ago. Unfortunately, we encountered more shale than anticipated, and the crew has been slowed down by the need to break it out of their way as they excavate across the street. Due to this rock, Van Buren will need to remain closed until Aug. 6.
  • Coyne Field Turf Replacement: Installation is wrapping up on the new field turf at Coyne Field, home of the national championship field hockey team.
  • Crouse College Bells: Preparation work in the bell tower will begin Aug. 1, with a crane rigging the new bells into place. This is scheduled for the second week of August. The preparation of the fourth floor area under the bells is underway to allow the area to be used for practicing, using a new practice chime stand.
  • Falk College Café: Demolition is complete, and construction has started on the new café at the Falk College. Along with the new demonstration kitchens, this project is one of the final pieces of the Falk College relocation and consolidation in White and McNaughton halls. The café is scheduled to open mid-September.
  • Grant Auditorium Elevator: A modernization upgrade to this elevator has been underway since early July. The project is scheduled to be complete in early August.
  • HB Crouse Elevator: The installation of the new elevator at HB Crouse is going well, and is on track to be complete and in service the second week of August. This elevator will feature a stop at the Gifford Auditorium Lobby, which was not previously accessible from inside the building.
  • Quad Improvements: Fencing is coming down around the Quad, as the improvement project has been completed. Irrigation, tent tie-downs, power and data are all installed and ready to make the Quad a better event space. Weather conditions have been hard on the lawn, and our contractor and the grounds department will continue efforts to make sure the lawn is looking its best quickly.
  • Regent Theater Accessible Restroom: Renovations to the restrooms at the Regent Theater are underway and scheduled to be complete in the first week of September, in time for the fall performance season.
  • Roof Updates: With the Flanagan Gym roof replacement finishing this week, all roofing work, with the exception of the Commissary, is complete. Some detailed final items remain, so there may be some contractors present on campus, but all work is substantially complete.
  • Sims Hall Stair Replacement: The replacement of the two north stairs is underway simultaneously, with walks and site stairs having been removed. Cast-in-place stairs have been installed. The site will be restored and work will shift to the east side of the building later in August.
  • Skytop Budget Office Renovation: The Budget Office will move from the Skytop Office Building to a remodeled space in 621 Sktyop the first week of August. This move is the first effort in a larger project that will reorganize and renovate Skytop Office Building.
  • Slutzker Center Improvements: Several improvement efforts at the Slutzker Center are now complete. This included painting, the installation of new carpet and the addition of a second-floor restroom. Exterior painting and exterior improvements are nearing completion.
  • Steam Line Replacement at Waverly/Comstock: Working collaboratively with the City Water Department, crews on the steam line project were able to strengthen a joint and install a critical new valve on a 30-inch-high pressure water main, allowing for the new steam line to be installed crossing under it. Crews will now work to complete the steam line, backfill the road and work toward final restoration.
  • Tennity Ice Pavilion—Rink Chiller Replacement: A new chiller has arrived on site and work is underway to install it. Simultaneously, a temporary chiller is operational and making ice on the rink, which is scheduled to open the first week of August.
  • University Place Promenade: The good weather has made for great progress on the Promenade. Almost all utility work is now complete, granite walls and stairs are being installed on the plinths, and many trees have been planted. By the middle of this week we expect to be pouring the concrete base for the brick pavers on about 60 percent of the Promenade. This one-day effort will require about 70 concrete trucks and take 12 hours. Taking advantage of a late-breaking opportunity to replace an unsightly exterior transformer at Smith Hall, we will be keeping the Quad 2 Parking Lot closed for one additional week, with it now opening on July 30.

Wednesday, August 10, 2016
9:30am Summer Construction Information Sessions
(Other)

As the Division of Campus Planning, Design and Construction (CPDC) addresses more than 120 summer improvement projects, a series of information sessions will be held to update the campus community about the ongoing activity.
More information...

Price: Free
Sponsoring department/organization: Campus Planning, Design and Construction (CPDC)
email.gif
jpblum

Saw this on the schedule...
Manley Field House
Football Team Wing Roof Replacements
Project Manager: Jack Osinski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member