Future Campus Framework Presentation... | Page 75 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Presentation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Townie, no company would ever pay naming rights for a stadium because it has no benefit to them. Apparently every single company lining up to put their name on athletic stadiums have no idea how to do business :noidea:

Are they advertising the fact that they are a New York company?

Because there's no mention of that here in Maryland and Virginia.

Putting your thumb in the eye of the customer --- by making a big deal of these NY roots --- isn't exactly a winning strategy.

I don't care who buys naming rights to a refurbished Dome as long as the check clears, but your comment makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Do people in Florida not buy policies through MetLife because they have their name on a stadium in New Jersey? Or do people on the west coast not fly United because their name is on an arena in Chicago?

The idea that customers in Maryland would not shop someplace because the store's name adorns a building in New York is ludicrous.

Carry on.

Doesn't matter. They are all going out of business in a few years.

COSTCO is squeezing them from the top and specialty stores are squeezing them from the bottom.

Lawst.

I wonder if Townie72 looks at this thread, with LITERALLY (and I'm using that term intentionally) everyone disagreeing with his viewpoint and saying to himself... "nah, I'm good on this one" :noidea:

No Townie is a good poster. The only thing he's got wrong is Wegmans which is a non legal opinion. He's cool and I appreciate his legal perspective. He may end up being right in the long run. Rumors that I'm hearing is that a deal has been struck with Carrier but need more verification.

LOL - he doesn't know! Townie whatever you do a Wegmans visit should be on your and everyone's bucket list!

Last edited:
Rumors that I'm hearing is that a deal has been struck with Carrier but need more verification.
So in a span of one afternoon we hear that wegmans is the front runner in a bidding war but that carrier ponied up and came out with the winning bid?

So in a span of one afternoon we hear that wegmans is the front runner in a bidding war but that carrier ponied up and came out with the winning bid?

No no no...didn't get home from work until 9 tonight my bad. Let me try again. Rumors are deal was struck between Carrier and SU for ending the relationship/contract. My bad just too tired right now. Hope that clarifies it...nuff said...hitting the hay...

No no no...didn't get home from work until 9 tonight my bad. Let me try again. Rumors are deal was struck between Carrier and SU for ending the relationship/contract. My bad just too tired right now. Hope that clarifies it...nuff said...hitting the hay...
On one hand I'll miss the carrier name simply for nostalgia - but then I'm imagining all the beer and concessions being run by wegmans and I'm a happy man.

Check out this story explaining why Wegmans ended its partnership with the LPGA (for those that do not know, they were the long time major sponsor for one of the ladies' major championships).

Stacy Lewis: LPGA players will miss Rochester

In an exclusive phone interview Thursday afternoon, Whan said it wasn't easy for the LPGA to leave Rochester.

"This was tough, but it wasn't an option to stay. We're not running from Rochester, we're not leaving Rochester. We knew from a financial perspective it wasn't feasible to stay long-term in Rochester."

Meaning two things: the cost of operating the tournament became too great for Wegmans, and the tour wanted to explore markets that could produce more corporate sponsorship opportunities.

"They're raising the purse to $3.3 million, plus the cost of network television, and we can't compete with that," Hampton said.

Whan praised Wegmans and called the company a "corporate hero" for all it has done for the LPGA, and thanked officials profusely for their loyalty and support.

"When this became a major, it was a lot more expensive with TV, the purse," Whan said. "It's just a bigger undertaking and in fairness to them, a company that exists in five or six states, us broadcasting to 160 countries sounds great to some people, but not necessarily for them. When they first decided to do this they said, 'We might not be doing this forever, but we want to bring the major experience to Rochester before this is over.' "

Wegmans has been a sponsor of every LPGA event in Rochester since 1977, took over as title sponsor in 1997, and stepped up in 2010 when the LPGA needed a sponsor for the Championship.

Colleen Wegman, president of Wegmans, said in a prepared statement, "We are extremely proud to have been a part of such a long-standing, world-class event in our hometown. This tournament was a great example of the community working together to make a difference and celebrate the philanthropic spirit that defines Rochester."

So Wegmans believes in supporting local world-class events. They were okay with spending a large amount of money annually on this support. But the scope of this event was too big for its customer base, and the investment was a little too high.

The match between where Wegmans is and where it is going and the ACC footprint is perfect. The match between the market that attends and watches college sports and the targeted market for Wegmans customers is perfect. And the things Wegmans could offer in the Dome (and around it, think parties, tailgating, catering, etc.) greatly exceed what a typical company (say an AC mfg company or a bank) could offer.

This is a marriage made in heaven. WCuse! Sounds good to me!

Check out this story explaining why Wegmans ended its partnership with the LPGA (for those that do not know, they were the long time major sponsor for one of the ladies' major championships).

Stacy Lewis: LPGA players will miss Rochester

In an exclusive phone interview Thursday afternoon, Whan said it wasn't easy for the LPGA to leave Rochester.

"This was tough, but it wasn't an option to stay. We're not running from Rochester, we're not leaving Rochester. We knew from a financial perspective it wasn't feasible to stay long-term in Rochester."

Meaning two things: the cost of operating the tournament became too great for Wegmans, and the tour wanted to explore markets that could produce more corporate sponsorship opportunities.

"They're raising the purse to $3.3 million, plus the cost of network television, and we can't compete with that," Hampton said.

Whan praised Wegmans and called the company a "corporate hero" for all it has done for the LPGA, and thanked officials profusely for their loyalty and support.

"When this became a major, it was a lot more expensive with TV, the purse," Whan said. "It's just a bigger undertaking and in fairness to them, a company that exists in five or six states, us broadcasting to 160 countries sounds great to some people, but not necessarily for them. When they first decided to do this they said, 'We might not be doing this forever, but we want to bring the major experience to Rochester before this is over.' "

Wegmans has been a sponsor of every LPGA event in Rochester since 1977, took over as title sponsor in 1997, and stepped up in 2010 when the LPGA needed a sponsor for the Championship.

Colleen Wegman, president of Wegmans, said in a prepared statement, "We are extremely proud to have been a part of such a long-standing, world-class event in our hometown. This tournament was a great example of the community working together to make a difference and celebrate the philanthropic spirit that defines Rochester."

So Wegmans believes in supporting local world-class events. They were okay with spending a large amount of money annually on this support. But the scope of this event was too big for its customer base, and the investment was a little too high.

The match between where Wegmans is and where it is going and the ACC footprint is perfect. The match between the market that attends and watches college sports and the targeted market for Wegmans customers is perfect. And the things Wegmans could offer in the Dome (and around it, think parties, tailgating, catering, etc.) greatly exceed what a typical company (say an AC mfg company or a bank) could offer.

This is a marriage made in heaven. WCuse! Sounds good to me!
Have to remember that the cost is fixed as well, it's an annual cost unlike the LPGA which kept increasing. I agree I think it's has a lot of synergies and upside for both parties. Just need to make it a point of allowing them a few concession stands in the dome.

Make it happen
The-Letter-W.jpg

Dave Letterman to Alec Baldwin: "Alec, why don't you get your mother out of Syracuse and put her in your nice Hollywood home?" Baldwin: "Dave, one word. Wegmans. She won't leave Wegmans."

The initial report is a little disappointing. Factoring in whatever they have to pay Carrier it might not be much in the end. Especially compared to the UofWashington's $41mm over 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom