G | Syracusefan.com

G

I personally don't care that G is the only reason we won today. We've had games where we desperately needed someone to step up and nobody could. He did today. That being said, we need to play better as a team.

How many times did he make a play to bail us out? It was almost like nothing I've ever seen.

We haven't really clicked as a team for awhile now. Lydon played great against pitt. If G only played great we lose.

I personally don't care that G is the only reason we won today. We've had games where we desperately needed someone to step up and nobody could. He did today. That being said, we need to play better as a team.
Richardson, Lydon and Coleman had solid games, too. The turnovers and too many quick shots allowed NCSU to remain in the game. Good win.

Great game G.

While he is not going to shoot 8-13 from 3 all year, the other 3 guys are not going to go 4-19 either. 12 for 32 as a team is reasonable -- we won with some relative comfort.

Eric15 said:
That shot he hit when the lead was cut to 5 and every Syracuse fan on Earth was envisioning hosting an NIT game in a few weeks, and then boom it was back to 8... just clutch city.

Easily the biggest shot of game. Nc state had all the momentum. Crowd was nervous. With that shot G said "relax i got this"

Richardson, Lydon and Coleman had solid games, too. The turnovers and too many quick shots allowed NCSU to remain in the game. Good win.
generally agree with you, especially on the quick shots, but Richardson (too many TOs/missed shots) and Lydon had pretty so-so games. G was the only one with a truly good game today. And we still won comfortably, which bodes well I think

I think there was only one drive and a dish for a layup. We just don't see this anymore...sigh. We'll take the W and it does bolster our resume. Do I feel better about this team as a whole? Obviously no. Yeah, I'm a terrible fan and supporter, lol.

Hes the reason we can do some damage in the tourny, hes that good.
Him and Lydon can be deadly out of the pick and roll...loved what I saw from DC most of today as well.

TC isn't as bad as he played today either -- I still say we have a chance to make it to the 2nd weekend of the tourney. Just need to split the UNC/FSU games and we're good.

generally agree with you, especially on the quick shots, but Richardson (too many TOs/missed shots) and Lydon had pretty so-so games. G was the only one with a truly good game today. And we still won comfortably, which bodes well I think

True. Yeah, I wouldn't say Mal played well. Way too many forces from deep and plowing into traffic. TOs too.

That's very true. I think my first point was in the emotion of the win. Lydon still hit double figures even though he struggled from three, which I kind of think is a good sign that he can still get it done in other ways. Coleman did have a solid game, but weird game. Some games, he'll all of the sudden have 4 fouls and it seems like he only has 2. This game, it seemed like there were about 10 fouls called on him. I lost track of his count in my mind today several times. But I'll take 7 points and 7 boards from him. Richardson had 13 points. 7 boards and 6 assists - good all around game. Some of his rebounds were tough ones also. He needs to cut down on his turnovers though.

Last edited:
Certainly not their best games for Richardson and Lydon, but they did some nice things to offset the things they didn't do well today. Richardson had 6 boards and 7 assist, and Lydon stuffed the stat sheet.

Certainly not their best games for Richardson and Lydon, but they did some nice things to offset the things they didn't do well today. Richardson had 6 boards and 7 assist, and Lydon stuffed the stat sheet.
good points, I hadn't looked at the box score yet - I guess you could call those efforst from Mal/Lydon solid

Hats off to Silent G. He got better every single year. Substantially better. One of my favorite things about following CBB is watching players develop over a yearly basis. He has EXCELLED in that category. Great player and has had an amazing year

Didn't notice those boards and assists as well.

That's very true. I think my first point was in the emotion of the win. Lydon still hit double figures even though he struggled from three, which I kind of think is a good sign that he can still get it done in other ways. Coleman did have a solid game, but weird game. Some games, he'll off the sudden have 4 fouls and it seems like he only has 2. This game, it seemed like there were about 10 fouls called on him. I lost track of his count in my mind today several times. But I'll take 7 points and 7 boards from him. Richardson had 13 points. 7 boards and 6 assists - good all around game. Some of his rebounds were tough ones also. He needs to cut down on his turnovers though.
Coleman stayed on the floor. Forget his stats, his defensive presence made it difficult for NCSU to get anything easy inside.

How many times did he make a play to bail us out? It was almost like nothing I've ever seen.

We haven't really clicked as a team for awhile now. Lydon played great against pitt. If G only played great we lose.

We won the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom