Gameday | Syracusefan.com

Gameday

DPCuse

Starter
ESPN Gameday getting ready to do a story in locker room talks. Dino's speech will be part of that. It's on in a few minutes.

Was cool to an ESPN Game day segment going to break and highlighting the post game speech from last week. Full segment coming up soon and it looks like Babers will be getting more than just a mention.

Guess it's a pretty good thing when ESPN is using your team's locker room speech as a hook, lure for their Game day show.

This speech has longer legs than my first 3 wives combined! amazing PR
th

That was pretty good. I liked Narduzzi's "We don't need a stinkin' game ball" and whips it across the room.

That sure beats the last time we were featured on ESPN game day. That was the dreaded 2005 segment on "what has happened to the Syracuse football program"?

I believe that was prior to Cuse-Penn State. My buddy was on the team. He said they were all watching in the hotel. Was really awkward.

BTW - Dont think that was 2005. We werent officially bad yet (i know we sucked that season, but it wasnt consistent yet. I think the segment was what turned out to be Grob's final year. 2007?

Dino's first year on the job through 7 games

knocks off a nationally ranked ACC team
turns a putrid offense into a top 10 offense
turns Dungey into a top 10 QB
turns AET into a top 5 receiver
despite early concerns, brings in a defensive philosophy that is improving, and that players are "buying into."
lands a College gameday segment that involves something positive
delivers a postgame speech for the ages that goes viral, and gains national attention.

All of this in his first 7 games, with players he didn't recruit.
I wish I had a DeLorean , and could fly into 2018 and see where we're at.

That sure beats the last time we were featured on ESPN game day. That was the dreaded 2005 segment on "what has happened to the Syracuse football program"?

How many times should you beat Akron?

I believe that was prior to Cuse-Penn State. My buddy was on the team. He said they were all watching in the hotel. Was really awkward.

BTW - Dont think that was 2005. We werent officially bad yet (i know we sucked that season, but it wasnt consistent yet. I think the segment was what turned out to be Grob's final year. 2007?

It was 2008 after getting crushed by Akron. It was an embarrassment on The Express's premiere weekend/PSU blowout.

CusefanATL said:
I believe that was prior to Cuse-Penn State. My buddy was on the team. He said they were all watching in the hotel. Was really awkward. BTW - Dont think that was 2005. We werent officially bad yet (i know we sucked that season, but it wasnt consistent yet. I think the segment was what turned out to be Grob's final year. 2007?
it was 2008, just youtubed it. But there was a shorter piece that was done a couple years earlier...that wasn't a full 7 minute piece...but it first noted that we had slipped to a 10-loss program.

It was 2008 after getting crushed by Akron. It was an embarrassment on The Express's premiere weekend/PSU blowout.

"The Express" was going to be a huge program booster but G-Rob laid such an egg that it had minimal impact.

Dino's first year on the job through 7 games

knocks off a nationally ranked ACC team
turns a putrid offense into a top 10 offense
turns Dungey into a top 10 QB
turns AET into a top 5 receiver
despite early concerns, brings in a defensive philosophy that is improving, and that players are "buying into."
lands a College gameday segment that involves something positive
delivers a postgame speech for the ages that goes viral, and gains national attention.

All of this in his first 7 games, with players he didn't recruit.
I wish I had a DeLorean , and could fly into 2018 and see where we're at.
That old "spring-in-my-step, looking forward to Saturday's game", is now back- win or lose!
Here in Charlotte I've had folks ask me all week about that speech. We're on our way, boys!

"The Express" was going to be a huge program booster but G-Rob laid such an egg that it had minimal impact.

Yep I really wish that film came out a year later, Marrone's first team would not have shamed the legacy of Ernie and Cuse football

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom