Gillion Fouled end 2nd | Syracusefan.com

Gillion Fouled end 2nd

Ottoble

Starter
Gillon got fouled by both defenders on that last play of regulation. How do they swallow their whistles that hard?

Needed that one

Eh, I don't expect that call - the bump on the drive, never gonna happen. I just wouldn't have gone with that play.

Was that a Roberson screen for Gillon? As our last play? Fantastic.

Eh, I don't expect that call - the bump on the drive, never gonna happen. I just wouldn't have gone with that play.

Was that a Roberson screen for Gillon? As our last play? Fantastic.
victory has a 1000 fathers and defeat is an orphan. The play wasn't that bad. It didn't work out. If we ran something else and it didn't work out, we would complain about that. White wasn't hitting. not going to get Roberson or howard the ball. Doesn't leave much.

I would have rather had Gillon try to put a shot up from deep rather than drive into the trees with no passing lane for a kick out...

As bad as White's 35 footer with 10 secs left in OT when down two...

victory has a 1000 fathers and defeat is an orphan. The play wasn't that bad. It didn't work out. If we ran something else and it didn't work out, we would complain about that. White wasn't hitting. not going to get Roberson or howard the ball. Doesn't leave much.

Except Lydon was wide open closely to his left since three guys surrounded Gillon. Hindsight I know.

I expect the play was to get fouled, regardless of whether or not the layup went in. It was bad luck.

Id prefer Lydon or White if we were going to do Iso

And if it had to be Gillon then he should have just launched a three

Gillon got fouled by both defenders on that last play of regulation. How do they swallow their whistles that hard?

Needed that one

Gillon didn't get a call after they went to the video replay to review the invisible "elbow".

Gillon is weird with his fouls. Sometimes I feel like it's not a foul and they call it - sometimes I feel like he's getting mugged and they don't call it. I think his size really makes the refs do weird things

I would have rather had Gillon try to put a shot up from deep rather than drive into the trees with no passing lane for a kick out...

As bad as White's 35 footer with 10 secs left in OT when down two...

I agree. I get the thought process, and that Gillon can drive it. However, driving a 6ft PG into a lane of 7 footers is tough. Would have liked to have seen Lydon get a look in close there instead of a reckless drive to the hoop, or a kick out for a three. I feel like those had a higher percentage for success than drawing a foul in that situation. That's been our season in a nutshell though, unfortunately...

Send your quickest player and 90% FT shooter into the lane where he's been hacked all night? I often question JB but that doesn't seem crazy.

Fwiw, thought they cane across his arm to get ball.

wrong. I would have complained about any play that

1. involved a midget driving the ball against an entire team as the game winning shot

2. left time on the clock for the opposition.

would have been better to just hold the ball till there was one second left and then just jacked up a prayer . at least it would have been a shot attempt and would have left no time for 'ville

I don't blame the strategy but Gillon was not fouled. Plus, after the acting display on the phony elbow there his no way he's getting a call even if there was reason to blow the whistle which there wasn't.

Well Michael Stephens certainly called those touch fouls on us all game. Don't change the rules depending on who has the ball.

I don't blame the strategy but Gillon was not fouled. Plus, after the acting display on the phony elbow there his no way he's getting a call even if there was reason to blow the whistle which there wasn't.
Wasn't the acting job in OT? The drive would have been before that. One thing I can tell you for 100% certain, there were a number of drives where Ville guards reached in on Gillon on his way by and he wasn't getting the call.

Wasn't the acting job in OT? The drive would have been before that. One thing I can tell you for 100% certain, there were a number of drives where Ville guards reached in on Gillon on his way by and he wasn't getting the call.

No, the flop was not in OT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom