Give JB one more year. | Syracusefan.com

Give JB one more year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have Moyer trying to create off the dribble, sloppy play , mental errors by Battle all while trying to audition for the NBA. So many bad mistakes from allover the floor to go along with not covering shooters well in the second half.

B8DA0770-28FA-4F11-A09A-5385D876EABF.jpeg

Yeah bad thread. We’re on the verge of missing the tournament for the third time in four years. We’ve turned into Providence. In fact, Providence is better than us.
I don't see how what you are saying is even debatable. If he can't do it with his best recruiting class in years, it's time.

We have Moyer trying to create off the dribble, sloppy play , mental errors by Battle all while trying to audition for the NBA. So many bad mistakes from allover the floor to go along with not covering shooters well in the second half.

Explain what you mean by this? I'll never get when people say this.

Yeah bad thread. We’re on the verge of missing the tournament for the third time in four years. We’ve turned into Providence. In fact, Providence is better than us.
Did you expect this years team to make the tournament? We are going to finish above 500 and have our class coming next year. It is what it is.

Aren’t all players at P5 schools auditioning for the NBA? I thought offensively we played ok tonight outside of the turnovers. The ball movement was better.

You know, objectively, one can make that argument that they're better. They beat 'Nova tonight.

Come on folks lighten up. It was a tough game and we just got out manned. How far can we go when we have to play a good part of the game with Dolezaj at center. He did a super job but was pushed all over the floor. Battle missing hurt as nearly as bad as the turnovers then the untimely free throw misses at the end. The game was close, could have gone either way with one minute to go but there are only so many moves a coach can make when both your bigs are hurt and on the bench.

Did you expect this years team to make the tournament? We are going to finish above 500 and have our class coming next year. It is what it is.

Did UConn expect to miss the tournament this year? They are still evaluating their staff at the end of the year.

I don't see how what you are saying is even debatable. If he can't do it with his best recruiting class in years, it's time.

It's frustrating but it's not like there aren't pretty valid reasons for the struggles the past four years. sanctions, retirement questions, a ton of early departures, a ridiculously competitive conference. They're not excuses -- obviously we need to be better. But I don't know that it's all that logical to simply say the game has passed JB by. We'll see I guess.

Explain what you mean by this? I'll never get when people say this.
Then you wont get it now either.His defense wasn’t good today. He took some terrible shots, off balance step back shots a couple times. He forced alot of shots that weren’t there. He had some bad turnovers. He got shut down again by another bad team. Take away the ft’s and his numbers are mediocre for someone trying to make the league.

Then you wont get it now either.His defense wasn’t good today. He took some terrible shots, off balance step back shots a couple times. He forced alot of shots that weren’t there. He had some bad turnovers. He got shut down again by another bad team. Take away the ft’s and his numbers are mediocre for someone trying to make the league.

Lol. You are all over the place. Based on some of your posts here the last couple weeks, you have no clue.

It's frustrating but it's not like there aren't pretty valid reasons for the struggles the past four years. sanctions, retirement questions, a ton of early departures, a ridiculously competitive conference. They're not excuses -- obviously we need to be better. But I don't know that it's all that logical to simply say the game has passed JB by. We'll see I guess.
All of those excuses have a single root cause, regardless of whether or not you like the man or don't. JB is the root cause. If he can't perform with a much, much better hand next year, he (should be) gone.

I hear what you're saying, but the fact is is that this will be 3 out of the last 4 years we aren't dancing. It doesn't matter what the reasons or excuses are which have been discussed here a plenty. Did UVA expect to be ranked number one this year? I look at that team and their make up and truly wonder how they keep winning. Next year is a huge year for our program, just making the tourney I don't believe will cut it, we really need to do some damage...

All of those excuses have a single root cause, regardless of whether or not you like the man or don't. JB is the root cause. If he can't perform with a much, much better hand next year, he (should be) gone.

Eh, I don't know. Unprecedented player movement and fluidity in rosters, pretty ridiculous NCAA sanctions for relatively minor infractions and a botched succession plan ... not sure those are all solely on JB. But I get it, obviously we need to be better. Don't see a reason why we won't be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom