Good Luck NYCFan! | Syracusefan.com

Good Luck NYCFan!

Wow and congratulations NYCFan!

26 marathons is amazing. I've run one full marathon and several half marathons and I can barely appreciate the dedication and physical stamina that it would take to train for 26 marathons.

You should be very proud of your accomplishment.

I ran 6 miles today and cant even imagine having to run that 3 more times plus another 2plus miles.
If you weren't carrying that six of PBR I think you could do it.

Congrats to E! Finished his 26th NYC Marathon in 3:36! That's an average of 8 minutes and change per mile. Have a beer or 5 - you deserve it!

Thank you all for the kind words! Went very well today -- my best time in 5 years--after doing 26 in a row it makes me very happy because for a few years I kept getting slower as I aged, and to be honest it was getting depressing--but the recent trend is good, maybe shoot for 3:34 next year???!!!. Btw, on a side note, for the first time in years, I qualified for the Boston Marathon--it is the 2018 race as the April '17 race is already full to capacity.

2012 cancelled due to Hurricane Sandy
2013 3:48
2014 3:53
2015 3:38
2016 3:36

Last edited:
Thank you all for the kind words! Went very well today -- my best time in 5 years--after doing 26 in a row it makes me very happy because for a few years I kept getting slower as I aged, and to be honest it was getting depressing--but the recent trend is good, maybe shoot for 3:34 next year???!!!. Btw, on a side note, for the first time in years, I qualified for the Boston Marathon--it is the 2018 race as the April '17 race is already full to capacity.

Congratulations! 26 years??? The most I've ever done is run/walked a 10k. We're not worthy.

Congrats on Boston man! Still my favorite, with all due respect to NYCM. You should definitely seize the opportunity!

Wow and congratulations NYCFan!

26 marathons is amazing. I've run one full marathon and several half marathons and I can barely appreciate the dedication and physical stamina that it would take to train for 26 marathons.

You should be very proud of your accomplishment.

I've got a similar story.

3:30 is stupid fast.

Nicely done!

OUTSTANDING work!! Congrats on BQ'ing!!
I can't imagine doing that 26 straight years.
As Coach K would say - Amazing! God Bless America!! ;)

I was registered for NYC in 2012... sigh.
Even went down to pick up my packet, etc - only to find out the next day they were pulling the plug on it. :(

Have "fun" in Boston!! :cool:
I did it the year after the bombings, and the crowd turnout and support was AMAZING.
Thought the downhill finish after the BC campus would be good, but it was actually pretty awful - felt like my legs were going to fall apart if they didn't lock up first.

Congrats, man! Looks like you took advantage of a good weather day, assuming it wasn't too windy on the course.

As a kind of lazy former runner, I'm gratified to see someone who's proud to be running competitively. People like you are the exception on my social media feed. This is what running's about -- running for a time and trying to qualify for Boston, as opposed to signing up for a marathon to boast on Facebook and get one of those "26.2" bumper stickers.

I get tired driving 26 miles.....

Congratulations!

Congrats! I can't even imagine. I almost keeled over running the Boilermaker. I don't think I could manage another 17 miles or so.

On a side note, Dan Bartlett's sister Kate ran her first marathon yesterday in NYC!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom