Good news or bad?? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Good news or bad??

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean like is it Christmas morning or Easter morning?
Yes, but that's actually a pretty bad example. Who gets excited about Easter unless you're 2 or 200?

While on topic, any hints as to whether these "good feelings" will affect 2016-17 or if it's something further out?

My personal take from these "hints"...

It has to be... or at least I'd hope... to be something more significant than TT committing because otherwise they wouldn't bother with the whispers. TT would be a nice solid addition but not something we'd need to build up. And it can't be the turk because there would still be a huge cloud over his eligibility. And it can't be Bibby because he's not worthy of the hype. And it can't be re: Mali because any slim chance he comes back would not be established until after the Combine.

Yes, but that's actually a pretty bad example. Who gets excited about Easter unless you're 2?

While on topic, any hints as to whether these "good feelings" will affect 2016-17 or if it's something further out?
Immediate .

Yes, but that's actually a pretty bad example. Who gets excited about Easter unless you're 2 or 200?

My personal take from these "hints"...

It has to be... or at least I'd hope... to be something more significant than TT committing because otherwise they wouldn't bother with the whispers. TT would be a nice solid addition but not something we'd need to build up. And it can't be the turk because there would still be a huge cloud over his eligibility. And it can't be Bibby because he's not worthy of the hype. And it can't be re: Mali because any slim chance he comes back would not be established until after the Combine.

That leaves Omer or Hami.

Immediate .
On that note, the "news" better not be that JB is getting his wins back. That's the only "immediate" impact that I can think of before the 2016-17 season even starts. I would love that he gets his wins back, but when we're talking about major roster shakeups and attrition... and salivating over certain possible prospects committing... getting wins back just seems like a hollow victory.

On that note, the "news" better not be that JB is getting his wins back. That's the only "immediate" impact that I can think of before the 2016-17 season even starts. I would love that he gets his wins back, but when we're talking about major roster shakeups and attrition... and salivating over certain possible prospects committing... getting wins back just seems like a hollow victory.
I'd take it.

That would be good news for Jb, but short of Mali coming back, or getting another big commit, that isn't going to do much for me.

Edelin couldnt have been a 3 star, could he? He got a ton of hype and seemed like our biggest recruit in years.

Pace and Triche were guys whose stocks dropped due to injuries.

Lol pay no mind to whoever said Billy was a 3 star. He would've been a McDonald's AA but two of his teammates at Oak Hill were ranked in the top 10 so they didn't want 3 guys from one high school on the team. Billy was a stud.

Good times, bad times
You know I had my share
When my woman left home
With a brown eyed man
Well, I still don't seem to care
Album 1, Cut 1. I was hooked as soon as I heard the opening guitar chord.

Last edited:
Lol pay no mind to whoever said Billy was a 3 star. He would've been a McDonald's AA but two of his teammates at Oak Hill were ranked in the top 10 so they didn't want 3 guys from one high school on the team. Billy was a stud.

The only link I could find said he was a 3 star, but others say he was top 50.

Interesting, I wonder. Southerland had an elite skill and athleticism, but severely lacked ball handling. I could see him as a possible 4-star. But, with that 4-star rating, he would have come in with more hype and maybe he would have been thought of in a completely different manner.

Good point, people would have been impatient during his prep year and then lost their minds when he was buried on the bench in 2009-2010.

That would be good news for Jb, but short of Mali coming back, or getting another big commit, that isn't going to do much for me.
Same here. If it is getting wins back, don't see why it would need to be cloak-and-dagger.

crystal-ball-fat-lady.jpg

I think I see some recruits in Jerry Meyer's Crystal Ball . . . :rolling:

From Twitter...
Without getting into specifics (and don't ask, I won't answer), early next week could include a couple noteworthy developments for SU hoops.

Ottos grove

I say Good news
when you say could does this mean 50 50% or 90-10%
Exciting :)
Go Cuse!

One piece of bad news, one possible piece of good. Both are possible things, not definites at all.
And I hear you loud and clear. The cat is flying through space as we speak, just as we discussed. :eat popcorn: :)

No.

The only link I could find said he was a 3 star, but others say he was top 50.

Yea I'm not sure what those links were referencing then.

Below is a link of his bio from the SU site. He averaged 21 ppg, 8 apg, and 4 rpg on a team that was 33-0 and number 1 in the country. He was also 3rd team Parade All American and 3rd team USA Today All American. That ball parks him at top ~15 player in country.

http://cuse.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3080

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors