Good news or bad?? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Good news or bad??

Status
Not open for further replies.
why are we playing games here? if it's SO secretive why mention it at all?

Either you know something or you don't.

Attention getters...
It can be nerve wracking, but it builds anticipation and one of the HUGE draws of this board, is the insiders here. If they were at liberty to say, they would. Basically, this is a heads up that something is coming. Let the speculation begin and build. Honestly, usually the actual news is a letdown compared to the sensational possibilities that we all come up with, but have fun with it.

Orangeman13 said:
why are we playing games here? if it's SO secretive why mention it at all? Either you know something or you don't. Attention getters...

A) I'm just trying to provide a corroborating opinion
B) I have no idea what I'm talking about - never do.

why are we playing games here? if it's SO secretive why mention it at all?

Either you know something or you don't.

Attention getters...

It has nothing to do with attention. I haven't read this thread but it has to do with not potentially effecting a recruiting situation. Some of us care more about SU and the program to jeopardize an opportunity. It's the opposite of trying to gain attention.

You can tell the difference between those who are members of the pay side and those who aren't...

Those who are just sit back and wait or post they know (because the pay side already knows)...those who aren't members beg for more information and cryptic posts drive them crazy!

Josh Pace, Hakim Warrick, Billy Edelin, Craig Forth, Kristof Ongeneat, Brandon Triche, Arinze Onuaku...

Edelin couldnt have been a 3 star, could he? He got a ton of hype and seemed like our biggest recruit in years.

Pace and Triche were guys whose stocks dropped due to injuries.

Blink once for TT, twice for Bibby, thrice for both, four times for Quade, and don't blink at all if it's all of the above...
You forgot the name that starts with H
ends with amidou

Josh Pace, Hakim Warrick, Billy Edelin, Craig Forth, Kristof Ongeneat, Brandon Triche, Arinze Onuaku...

Theres been quite a few actually. Some like Triche were cause of injury. It's my belief Bibby is underrated.

James Southerland, Kris Joseph also were good ones.

So long as good news is on the way, what's the hassle? The answers always come. I'm thankful we get a preview!

Posters get so worked up about someone giving them a heads up because its not specific enough, I don't get it. The message is Something good is going to happen, even if you aren't privy to the specific info that's still good.

Theres been quite a few actually. Some like Triche were cause of injury. It's my belief Bibby is underrated.

James Southerland, Kris Joseph also were good ones.

No way to prove it, but I bet guys like Southerland and Joseph would be four stars today, as the Syracuse affiliation carries more weight than it did in 2008. (Shows how little stock I put in those star rankings.)

crystal-ball-fat-lady.jpg

Posters get so worked up about someone giving them a heads up because its not specific enough, I don't get it. The message is Something good is going to happen, even if you aren't privy to the specific info that's still good.
My man, jordoo! I'm fairly certain we are connected in this life, the last or the next.
giphy.gif

No way to prove it, but I bet guys like Southerland and Joseph would be four stars today, as the Syracuse affiliation carries more weight than it did in 2008. (Shows how little stock I put in those star rankings.)
Interesting, I wonder. Southerland had an elite skill and athleticism, but severely lacked ball handling. I could see him as a possible 4-star. But, with that 4-star rating, he would have come in with more hype and maybe he would have been thought of in a completely different manner.

well I hope you're right because nobody cares MORE about Syracuse than me...maybe equal but not more.

How good are we talking? I don't need details, just feelings.

well I hope you're right because nobody cares MORE about Syracuse than me...maybe equal but not more.
Our guys are not always right, because things change at the last minute. But they do not pass along anything that isn't true at the time, and would not lead us on without reason. Have faith.

Just to play Devil's advocate, the original tweet did not state if the news was positive or negative. That could lead to speculation that it might be negative. On the other hand, I'll take Jake's interpretation that it's positive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom