Grant is going to be a stud... | Syracusefan.com

Grant is going to be a stud...

Cuse_1999

2nd String
Typical SU forward. Tons of length and athletic. Stronger than he looks. Very fluid and understands the game. If he can shoot, he will have a NBA career. Really excited about him

You can tell he played in a great high school program. Jerami has great fundamentals and from what I've read on the boards, is an extremely hard worker. You can bet that he will use this season and next off season to work on the things he needs to. To me, he is one of the surprises of the early season. Unless we have an injury situation, still not sure how much time he'll get in the big games. It will be interesting to see how many minutes he gets next Friday.

Love Grant. High bb iq. Rebounds by position. Great hustle. He is gonna be a great one.

It's interesting how sometimes you can tell immediately if a kid has a high BB IQ. You're right - Grant has it. Nice.

He is already as good of a defender as we have... Will be special down the road... Great frame to build on as well

He is already as good of a defender as we have... Will be special down the road... Great frame to build on as well
You're right... and he can guard 3 positions I think... definition of SU forward

It's amazing how well he finishes, no matter what kind of pass he receives. LOVE him!

If the son/nephew of NBA players doesn't have a high BB IQ and know how to rebound when his dad and uncle were both power forwards, there's something very wrong.

Love having the sons of coaches and big time players. They just have a better understanding of the game.

Kid looks special even if he never amounts to a major scoring threat. The ability to finish inside, defend and rebound aren't things you find too often in such a young player. He looks so effortless and smooth out there, and definitely understands some of the nuances it takes to succeed at this level. I hope he can add some strength and ability to knock down the jumper. His athleticism and length give him a built in advantage over many players he'll be up against.

After two exhibition games, without going too overboard, I think he's going to be an excellent player at SU. He'll contribute this year, and will be an absolute mainstay as soon as next year. I look forward to watching him grow into a top college player...

next year it will be his team even if cj returns
Ok, let's not overstate things too much here, as good as I think Grant will be. If he has a sophomore year like Hak's I think we will all be thrilled.

Watching him for the first time today, I was really, really impressed. He will contribute this year. And be a star next year.

He rebounds pretty low, caught a few on his hip.

But he looks very comfortable out there. Pretty smooth, handles the ball pretty well. And he went straight up for that first dunk (rather than taking one dribble and gathering himself like just about every freshman does).

He's way closer to being a contributor than I would have guessed. Pleasant surprise.

I would expect him to see pt similar to CJ Fair over the next couple of years. If he can put on muscle and play the four he will have an easier path to pt.

It's interesting how sometimes you can tell immediately if a kid has a high BB IQ. You're right - Grant has it. Nice.

It'a those guys who always happen to be in the right place at the right time. They make plays, they make things happen, the ball is attracted to them.

I would expect him to see pt similar to CJ Fair over the next couple of years. If he can put on muscle and play the four he will have an easier path to pt.

I think he's going to play bigger, and be a better outside shooter. This kid could really hit some three's at DeMatha. I seriously think of this kid as the second coming of John Wallace. He's going to take an extra year to mature, but that's who I see when I look at this kid. Even looks like him.

well he's already 6'11 now so he'll be at least 7'2 by next season.

He's got freakishly long arms, & a quickness that will burn plenty of top defenders around the rim. This team could be something special THIS year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom