Gross Fired | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Gross Fired

Hopefully he'll be remembered for getting us into the ACC. That's a big accomplishment and outweighs some of the silly mistakes that have been made.

Should he really get credit for that? Jake got us into the ACC to - or at least the ACC wanted us before Gross got here.

Knowledge transfer position? Golden parachute while he looks elsewhere?

Looks like it. Also may help them in their appeals as they have addressed Gross as being the one essentially being responsible, but have also kept him employed which shows that they don't believe the sanctions are as bad as they have been made out to be by the NCAA.

Vandy AD who has a relationship with the new Chancellor is probably going to be target 1 if he is interested.
You don't mean David Williams?, who is older and in poor health

School needs someone who gets Syracuse not someone who did well in LA or some other part of the country that doesn't port well to this very unique situation. We are a northeast private university that plays bigboy football.

CuseNation Sports ‏@cusesports44 2m2 minutes ago
One name to keep an eye on for the new SU AD is Herm Frazier. Former Hawaii AD. Has worked with Temple and Arizona State. #Cuse

Not just no but Hell no.
upload_2015-3-18_11-43-37.jpeg

Didn't know about his poor health. I started a thread about replacing Gross a month ago and the Vandy AD was a guy brought up and I liked his resume.

Is there any chance they could make a run at Brad Bates at BC? He was considered a guy in the running for Michigan. Would that be a step down at this point? was a vandy guy at one point. Maybe he knows the chancellor.

I did not like him but I feel he was extremely successful and moved SU out of the dark ages. I am not sure why they fired him. One thing I am pretty sure about is that when he came here he was told hands off jb and ball program. He is a fall guy in all this but that comes with the position . The new hire will speak volumes of where the chancellor stands in terms of direction of Athletics. Will he enhance or de-emphasize?
Keep in mind the original investigative items that were self reported (YMCA, Drug Policy) occurred prior to his tenure. The academic stuff came to light while the investigation dragged on.

Would agree with that. There is still something to be said for not f-ing it up.

That's basically it. The administration maintained those relationships which is why we were the first call. If we'd have gotten shitty with them and filed suit like UConn did, maybe we'd be in the AAC right now.

rosconey said:
anyone who feels gross was a scapegoat -remember he had or was at the meeting to change fab melos grade -that alone says he should be fired

To be fair: a meeting was called about Fab's grades - and that should happen every time. The result of that meeting (and whoever bears the blame for that) is the issue.

Sala is a local and lifer. He's a great guy who's done a great job.
Not saying it's a bad move. I'm saying that there's an ex-D1 AD working in the department, and he doesn't get the nod.

Nick Carparelli would be a home run. I would love that hire and if we got rid of Nike for UA I wouldn't mind that as well. Nike made us neuter Orangeman to Orange for "branding" purposes and then has completely taken Orange out of our FB uniforms and made our basketball jerseys since 2004 horrible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom