"I'm drinking a lot of Budweisers after the game." | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

"I'm drinking a lot of Budweisers after the game."

100px-Wink_Soda.jpg

(A) The only reason to get upset about the Budweiser comment is because it is an iconic multinational company struggling against the efforts of the rebel alliance that is local craft brewing;

(B) The Reinheitsgebot is a joke and no one follows it -- no one can follow it because it was created before anyone knew what yeast was or the role it played in brewing. Included in the law are all known ingredients but yeast (arguably one of, if not THE, most important) is not one of them.

Reinheitsgebot was updated to include yeast in 1906. Other grains such as rye and wheat have also been added over time.

https://www.beersyndicate.com/blog/...t-the-reinheitsgebot-beer-purity-law-of-1516/

When tailgating I drink Bud Light, Coors Light, Blue Light, etc. I want to taste the food and the beer is for beer muscles. Also if I'm putting it in a beer pong cup or playing Cornhole quantity is better than quality, imo.

I still enjoy a nice micro brew (Great Lakes Brewery, Southern Tier) or the Sam Seasonals when the time is right.

Agreed, two basic life rules to live by:
1. Don't be the pretentious guy who brings an expensive microbrew to a tailgate.
2. Grow up and don't order a Bud Light at a nice restaurant.

Having worked for Anheuser-Busch corporate the past 32+ yrs in sales & marketing, no one at AB had any idea Peyton would say what he did. What if the Panthers won and Cam Newton mentioned he was going to drink High Plains Toasted Vanilla IPA...would football fans get red as* because of him saying that?

Budweiser is an excellent American lager since 1876 and all its advertising insures that Americans are working in so many related industries not to say the 1000+ AB employees based in CNY at their Baldwinsville, NY brewery.

Any openings :) ?

1. Don't be the pretentious guy who brings an expensive microbrew to a tailgate.
1. Are growlers okay?
2. Have to disagree (although I wouldn't order a Bud Light) - drink what you enjoy.

1- I'll bring whatever the hell I want and if you don't like it you know where to go.
2- I can agree with this one.

Edit: Sorry I just re-read this and #1 is not an attack on you Eric15.

100% agree.

i drink ungodly ammounts of BudLight.

i buy 2 cases at a time of the 24oz cans (more beer, cheaper the cost and who drinks out of a 12oz mug anyway??)

but when i go out to a nice restaurant, if i even drink beer...which is rare, it most certainly would not be a BudLight.

and if i see someone drinking one, i think to myself...low class POS.

and then ill go home and have a dozen watching sports till 2 am.

as for the tailgate, damn straight.

dont be the fool, dont try to wow anyone with your taste buds, just bring more than 1 12 pack because you should drink 12 yourself and then have some left over for stragglers and passerbys.

and NEVER bring bottles of anything.

Well said.

Is it pretentious to bring a cheap microbrew? Like Saranac for instance?

BTW, just because you buy cheap beer and get more doesn't mean you get a better buzz.

Bud light is 4.2% x 12 cans = 50.4 for what about $9.99?

Saranac Legacy IPA is 6.2% x 12 bottles = 74.4 for about $14.

Basically it takes 8 bottles of Saranac to equal the buzz from a 12 pack of bud light. I'm consuming about 48 oz less liquid so I won't be in the pee trough nearly as much as some of the other guys. Saranac price is about $1.17 per bottle. Bud light price is $0.83 per bottle. My 8 bottles of Saranac cost $9.36, the same buzz with of a 12-pack of bud light costs $0.63 more. Who's beer is cheaper now? Oh yeah, headaches are far less brutal with mircobrews because they allow the yeast time to clean out alot of the nasty leftovers that macrobrewers leave behind in the sake of churning it out faster and being more profitable.

I, too, disagree with the first 3 things you mention, I would never do those things. But, having open dialogue about teammates isn't always a bad thing. The only specific example I can think of is Vanderjagt, who was an idiot. The trainers thing is here say, and as far as being a sore loser, so he walked off pissed off a couple times, so what? I can name 30 x's the examples where he showed more grace under fire than 99.5 % of the league's talent,

The HGH stuff, as you said, nothing but allegations.
Agree. I love Peyton. I was thrilled with the Broncos victory. The hate Peyton crowd might be very overcrowded by fans of a New England football team.

Agree. I love Peyton. I was thrilled with the Broncos victory. The hate Peyton crowd might be very overcrowded by fans of a New England football team.
Oh, and I like beer, too. Can't say I've had need for a Budweiser more than the one time I tried it. They do make consistently mediocre beer.

BTW, just because you buy cheap beer and get more doesn't mean you get a better buzz..

As I (sadly) get older I employ this approach more and more.

I can't knock back a six-pack anymore, so I've taken to drinking high(ish) alcohol beer. Over the holidays I was drinking Mad Elf, which is 11% ABV. Two of those and I was in a very happy place -- and I did not have to choke back 5 Buds to accomplish that goal.

Would he be upset to learn his grandson now drinks the beer from the skinny can?
I almost afraid to reveal anything more about my beer preferences with this crowd. All I can say is that my buddies who work at the Bud plant say my beer of choice is made with the best ingredients.

Is it pretentious to bring a cheap microbrew? Like Saranac for instance?

BTW, just because you buy cheap beer and get more doesn't mean you get a better buzz.

Bud light is 4.2% x 12 cans = 50.4 for what about $9.99?

Saranac Legacy IPA is 6.2% x 12 bottles = 74.4 for about $14.

Basically it takes 8 bottles of Saranac to equal the buzz from a 12 pack of bud light. I'm consuming about 48 oz less liquid so I won't be in the pee trough nearly as much as some of the other guys. Saranac price is about $1.17 per bottle. Bud light price is $0.83 per bottle. My 8 bottles of Saranac cost $9.36, the same buzz with of a 12-pack of bud light costs $0.63 more. Who's beer is cheaper now? Oh yeah, headaches are far less brutal with mircobrews because they allow the yeast time to clean out alot of the nasty leftovers that macrobrewers leave behind in the sake of churning it out faster and being more profitable.
Whoever said it did??

I'm talking about a love of bud light and the smart way to buy and consume it.

If I want a stronger buzz, I supplement my bud light drinking by doing shots of the liquors i love...Jameson, Jack Daniels and Patron. Hell, I do that often even if I don't want a stronger buzz, I just like the taste.

I enjoy having a beer during an entire game, at certain points I always end up slamming one...

why would I want to be slamming 8% beers??

Why would I want to waste $$ on good beers, have 9, do a few shots...and not remember anything??

Ive got a system, the system works and I've given 'classes' on how to work it.

Granted, it's not for the 1 or 2 day a week drinker, but whatever.

There's a time, a pace and a place...for everything.

Hoity-toity beers in a bottle at a tailgate...isn't 1 of them.

That's actually how I started drinking Jack and Cokes. Was at a nice restaurant in Seattle, and for some reason knew this wasn't the right place to be putting down a bottle of bud light (Yes I know they could have put it in a glass) My fast acting "drinking brain" kicked in, and next thing ya know, I'm addicted to Jack and Coke. I pretty much only drink beer while camping, or at tailgates now. Ah, and I've since found Vodka Redbulls... they are kind of taking over my life these days.

As I (sadly) get older I employ this approach more and more.

I can't knock back a six-pack anymore, so I've taken to drinking high(ish) alcohol beer. Over the holidays I was drinking Mad Elf, which is 11% ABV. Two of those and I was in a very happy place -- and I did not have to choke back 5 Buds to accomplish that goal.
I've had to go the opposite approach as I've aged. I love the IPAs but get a nasty hangover if I'm drinking more than two so when I'm socializing I'll nurse down Blue Lights or Amstel.

That's actually how I started drinking Jack and Cokes. Was at a nice restaurant in Seattle, and for some reason knew this wasn't the right place to be putting down a bottle of bud light (Yes I know they could have put it in a glass) My fast acting "drinking brain" kicked in, and next thing ya know, I'm addicted to Jack and Coke. I pretty much only drink beer while camping, or at tailgates now. Ah, and I've since found Vodka Redbulls... they are kind of taking over my life these days.
I had Red Bull and Vodka once. I immediately recognized it as liquid heroin and have been able to stay away, much to my betterment.

When it comes to Beer I don't discriminate at all.

Porkchop in every pint

Smart man.

Part of my 'Drinking Class' is spent on coming up with your 'go to' beer or drink.

You've got to know, before you walk in a pub, what you want.

No bullspit pausing...umm, what do you have on tap? Or Do you have grey goose??

Which gives (a good) bartender the opportunity to go...No, F you, we've got beer on tap, look...and no grey goose.

And walk away to serve the other 100 people waiting.

You got to be ready for that split second the bartender catches your eye to shout...Bud Light!!! or Jack & Coke!!

And if you're smart you go...2!!

Now that may be a graduate level example, but in an empty bar you can't make an ass of yourself and ask those same questions either.

Get your order in quick, sit down, look around, feel out your surroundings...and the bartender will likely befriend you...and cheapness and great service is in your future.

Smart man.

Part of my 'Drinking Class' is spent on coming up with your 'go to' beer or drink.

You've got to know, before you walk in a pub, what you want.

No bullspit pausing...umm, what do you have on tap? Or Do you have grey goose??

Which gives (a good) bartender the opportunity to go...No, F you, we've got beer on tap, look...and no grey goose.

And walk away to serve the other 100 people waiting.

You got to be ready for that split second the bartender catches your eye to shout...Bud Light!!! or Jack & Coke!!

And if you're smart you go...2!!

Now that may be a graduate level example, but in an empty bar you can't make an ass of yourself and ask those same questions either.

Get your order in quick, sit down, look around, feel out your surroundings...and the bartender will likely befriend you...and cheapness and great service is in your future.

I think I finally found a class I could Ace. We follow the same rules brotha. Mine mostly came from what I learned during my short stint as the "drunk topless bartender at the red fox". I became a bartenders dream after that. I'll even carry ice for ya if you're busy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom