Indoor Practice Center live webcam | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Indoor Practice Center live webcam

Is that building completion, or building and field and all the fixins as well?

DRBartlett said:
13 Days till completion! Or so says our original date of 12/1 -- but from the looks of it, it will be done right on time

Not knowing what is needed to complete the inner workings, 13 more days will be pushing it, imho.

Not knowing what is needed to complete the inner workings, 13 more days will be pushing it, imho.
that plastic on the opening up top is shredded.

I don't see how this thing is completed in 13 days even if they work around the clock.

no bowl game, no rush.

get it done by the time the students return in jan.

no bowl game, no rush.

get it done by the time the students return in jan.
I was hoping we could have a syracusefan board tackle football game on the day of completion. Any takers? Im sure Mr. Bartlett can pull some strings. That would be better than my laniard for being a season ticket holder, or the STH bumper sticker. A annual football game of seasons holders in the new IPF.

Thank you very much to everyone who has posted pictures of the IPF as it has progressed. Keep them coming!

B21Ef0rIEAAlKjE.jpg

Syracuse Athletics ‏@Cuse 1m1 minute ago
Take a sneak peek inside the new indoor practice facility!

Long time lurker first time poster. The $10.5 million facility is progressing quickly and should be substantially complete in December (I don't have the actual date). They started putting the Fieldturf down yesterday and should probably be done by today. They need to close the facility in at this point. There is snow inside. I am not sure why it is still open in some areas. The design has been value engineered to eliminate some of the nicer natural daylight features, but it still looks good. The roof is approximately 20 feet lower than Manley, where they currently practice punting and still hit the ceiling. That said, the roof was once designed to be an angled ridge, instead of a symetrical ridge. The coaches stopped that as they thought that would create problems for the kickers on kickoffs and field goal/extra point practice. The front "out buildings" will have bathrooms, some showers and locker facilities. It is not intended that the lockers are permanent football lockers. Those are still in the football complex. The lockers and bathrooms will also be used by other sports facilities like for teams at halftime during soccer games. The building is sited with the Field hockey stadium in between because there was or is a masterplan that includes additional new facilities to connect the whole complex. The early program I am aware of includes a new volleyball court and possibly more academic spaces. I am hopeful that this will eventually come to be.

Long time lurker first time poster. The $10.5 million facility is progressing quickly and should be substantially complete in December (I don't have the actual date). They started putting the Fieldturf down yesterday and should probably be done by today. They need to close the facility in at this point. There is snow inside. I am not sure why it is still open in some areas. The design has been value engineered to eliminate some of the nicer natural daylight features, but it still looks good. The roof is approximately 20 feet lower than Manley, where they currently practice punting and still hit the ceiling. That said, the roof was once designed to be an angled ridge, instead of a symetrical ridge. The coaches stopped that as they thought that would create problems for the kickers on kickoffs and field goal/extra point practice. The front "out buildings" will have bathrooms, some showers and locker facilities. It is not intended that the lockers are permanent football lockers. Those are still in the football complex. The lockers and bathrooms will also be used by other sports facilities like for teams at halftime during soccer games. The building is sited with the Field hockey stadium in between because there was or is a masterplan that includes additional new facilities to connect the whole complex. The early program I am aware of includes a new volleyball court and possibly more academic spaces. I am hopeful that this will eventually come to be.

I thought the cost was/is $13M. Is $10.5M the real amount?

The costs were always somewhat "misreported". Most times the larger numbers were being thrown around, they included other projects that were being lumped in for funding purposes. For example, they removed an outdoor track to make room for the IPF. Money was carried to replace that. The actual building is about $10.5 million

Greatest first post ever.

"The design has been value engineered to eliminate some of the nicer natural daylight features, but it still looks good."

ugh - just spend a little more and put in a 1st class facility Oh Lord

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom