Is Copeland considered a PG for our team? | Syracusefan.com

Is Copeland considered a PG for our team?

Does Copeland play PG for us?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

djcon57

Living Legend
Just curious what people think.

Leads team in assist %.

With his height, length, ball skills, & creativity, he’s kind’ve positionless. He can fill up the Gatorade cooler, walk the dogs, & paint your back porch......

1E21C8B2-4C9B-4451-B7C5-ECFFB9BE1EE5.gif

No. Point forward. A new school Paul Pressey-type.
Gave you a like for the Paul Pressey pull. Tulsa Hurricane and very solid NBA career.

Q is like a bunch of players now - positionless 1-3.

I voted no, not that he is not or cannot be the point guard but he is such a hybrid player, capable of playing everything but center. Point forward, point guard he is useful all over the place, rebounds well dynamic sometimes he seems like the only gut moving. He is a creator, of course he can drive us crazy. I am sure Red has gotten some grey hair over the turnovers but the effort you want is always there, errors by effort are the most excusable errors. I love this player. If I had four like him and one great shooter, I could win a championship.

I voted no, not that he is not or cannot be the point guard but he is such a hybrid player, capable of playing everything but center. Point forward, point guard he is useful all over the place, rebounds well dynamic sometimes he seems like the only gut moving. He is a creator, of course he can drive us crazy. I am sure Red has gotten some grey hair over the turnovers but the effort you want is always there, errors by effort are the most excusable errors. I love this player. If I had four like him and one great shooter, I could win a championship.
Put him on a team with a DC and Stevie type player, and he would be great.

I like Q's vision. He absolutely sees the floor thru PG eyes. He also is a plus passer, though sometimes he needs to tone it down a bit.

However, that being said, he seems to do most of his damage when starting closer to the hoop. Dont see too many of the "long" dribble drive moves ala Judah.

So, I did not vote. I think he absolutely can play PG, but I think his best position is point forward.

No. Point forward. A new school Paul Pressey-type.

Agree with this.

I think he was a PG in the LAST system, as a combo with size for perimeter defense, a la Frank Howard. But I concede that Copeland has better court vision than Howard did.

I don't know that Cope has a full suite of PG skills. For example, does he handle the ball well enough? It's one thing to handle the ball in the open floor, or drive in half court sets -- but could he handle pressure defenses full court? And obviously shooting is a question at this stage of his developmental curve.

Right now, he seems like a versatile 3 [as you point out], with SOME skills that translate. I view him as a PG / SG / SF combo, who can provide depth at multiple positions.

And over time, he might develop into a 1. But right now, I think "point forward" is probably what describes him best today.

He definitely could be. Just gets a bit overzealous at times with the ball, which leads to careless turnovers.

You made me pick so I picked yes. It's an interesting question because he is a point guard. I'm not really sure that he is playing PG most of the time. He is more of a guard that can do forward things than he is a forward. He's more Josh Pace than any other previous player to me. I'd like to see him on the court with Bell instead of replacing him so he had someone to kick out to.

That's a yes. Watch how frequently the other players pass to him to bring the ball up and initiate the offense. It happens alot and has been happening more and more.
yeah I feel like I recall even Judah dumping it off to him to bring it up from time to time the last couple games but I could be wrong.

He has pretty good vision, but I'd rather us have a true PG and have Q work on his outside shot and put on 10 pounds so he can get even better at taking contact. Easier said than done of course but that would put him in position to make a Kevin McCullar-type leap.

Pt forward probably best describes where he is now. He has improved as the season progressed. I love that Coach Autry has given him a long leash and doesn't yank him when he turns it over.

Juda is PG #1, Copeland has become PG#2. Plenty of times the last few games copeland has brought the ball up and initiated the offense. Yes he turns the ball over and maybe tries some passes he shouldn’t, but he is the best passer on the team and is one of the only ones that would rather get another teammate involved then take his own shot. Call it a point forward or a point guard, it’s the same damn premise.

He has pretty good vision, but I'd rather us have a true PG and have Q work on his outside shot and put on 10 pounds so he can get even better at taking contact. Easier said than done of course but that would put him in position to make a Kevin McCullar-type leap.
I would say Copeland is the closest thing to a true PG we have, despite that he's wing-sized. As he continues to polish his game I think he gets more and more ball handling and facilitating duties. Judah and JJ are lead guards. Not sure about Westry yet but I think he has great vision and will be good at driving and kicking, which would be great if there's shooters on the court next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom