It was a good run | Syracusefan.com

It was a good run

I think I'd feel slightly better if we played better.

I mean, I'm still ecstatic we made the FF, I don't even feel all that upset now - Cooney, DC and Mali fought hard in the second half to keep it interesting, but I would have liked to have left the game feeling like we played somewhat well.

I think I'd feel slightly better if we played better.

I mean, I'm still ecstatic we made the FF, I don't even feel all that upset now - Cooney, DC and Mali fought hard in the second half to keep it interesting, but I would have liked to have left the game feeling like we played somewhat well.
I feel the same way, this game was winnable. We squandered a big opportunity early to get a lead and G didn't play well. Still proud though, they really out performed expectations.

Exciting run that will go into Orange lore...program has been filling my life with great moments for 40+ yrs now -very proud...Thanks Mike & Trev

I feel the same way, this game was winnable. We squandered a big opportunity early to get a lead and G didn't play well. Still proud though, they really out performed expectations.

Yeah, there were a few things that really seemed to hurt us:

Just like in the UVA game we started slow and squandered some opportunities to build a little lead.

The missed free throws were painful.

G was just bad.

Lydon was bad in the second half.

During the comeback I hated that mid-range jumper that Roberson decided to take. No clue why he did that.

Those missed travels early in the second half against UNC...both seemed big at the time.

We seemed to lose out on a lot of 50/50 type balls in the second half that got the lead up to 17...till Mali hit some shots it seemed like we were just going to roll over and die.

Didn't really feel that winnable to me, which is why I'm not really bummed. Brice sat 8 mins in the first half, and UNC didn't make a 3, yet we were still down 11. G needed to be great, and we had to rebound better to win. UNC will roll Nova.

The great thing about this unlikely FF run was the preparation/exposure it gives our underclass men for the next few years.

As in, it may be the end for G and TC, but just the beginning for this rebuilding team.

UNC brought the team back to Earth after two unlikely, crazy wins. This team was pretty average until the last couple weeks. UNC is the ACC champ, a one seed, and has been a favorite to win all season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom