JB has spoken | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

JB has spoken

For every Buddy Hield who stays and improves their stock there is a Terrance Morris who could have left and been a lottery pick and stayed and went down.
Jared Sullinger went down by staying an extra year.
Joakim Noah went down by staying an extra year.
Perry Jones went down by staying an extra year.

It happens both ways.

True, does happen both ways. Yet, of all the SU players who got drafted over the years, the ones that did JB's bidding and stayed for 4 years, then went to the NBA, didn't do very well. One exception Danny Schayes.

Jim's really endearing himself to his former players.

zU2vyqo.png

vTakH9M.png

zU2vyqo.png

vTakH9M.png
Are we sure this about JB's quotes?
Now we know Jb was mad at Ennis' decision but not sure it was as strong against Malachi. It seemed more frustration about the process for Malachi. If I were JB I wouldn't have said the stuff because as I have said its fan stuff but he has a right to stay it.

The NBA has never had more talent and has never been more fun to watch in terms of e style of play.

There has also never been more use of data and analytics.

Teams are smarter than ever before.

If a team or teams told Mali he will be drafted in the first round, he is doing what he should, regardless of what JB says. Malichi fits perfectly with what is sought after in the NBA now for a 2G. His form on his jump shot lends itself to a high ceiling in terms of shooting percentage and range.

No one is saying he's going to be the first or second option on a team right off the bat. You are looking at a second unit 2G that a team would want to eventually round into a first unit 2G that could eventually be the third option.

Since Mali is already gone done deal, a more productive response might be..."at Syracuse we're minting NBA millionaires".
That might be a positive for recruiting.

As a preeminent judge of basketball talent, and viewing what has happened to several of his players over the past 8-9 years, (where there could be a dedicated ORANGE team in the D league), he's more concerned with what's in the best long range interests of kids who are told they're the next Kobe and end up without a check 3 years later.

Minting NBA millionaires is PayCals job.

Yesterday:

Boeheim said he doesn't believe any freshman can truly be ready for the NBA, but spoke highly of Richardson as a person and praised him for his contributions to SU's Final Four run last season.

Well, that's just absolutely incorrect and comes off as ignorant if anything considering he had one of the most NBA ready freshman in history get him his only title.

As some have noted I wish Coach B. would embrace the players getting NBA looks. I think then the fans would change their tune. Everyone comes off as bitter with this situation. If it weren't for Malachi Syracuse wouldn't have had the run they had this March. This is not the 1980's and college is no longer about developing players. It's a stepping stone to getting $ to play a game. The more guys that Cuse can push into the league the better for the program long term.

As a fan selfishly I would love to see Malachi back next year. In the grand scheme of things I am happy it's Malachi and not Lydon. I personally feel the team has a better shot to replace him as opposed to Tyler. It's time to move on and start worrying about the people that are going to be on the hill next season rather than those that will not. We can only hope that Malachi gets drafted as high as possible because that is good for Cuse!

two3zone said:
Well, that's just absolutely incorrect and comes off as ignorant if anything considering he had one of the most NBA ready freshman in history get him his only title.

Ignorant? HoF. Coaches the best players in the universe.

Lots of ways to "not be ready" even if you play well.

And you asked when the last time he said something nice about a kid leaving early. It was yesterday.

Ignorant? HoF. Coaches the best players in the universe.

Lots of ways to "not be ready" even if you play well.

And you asked when the last time he said something nice about a kid leaving early. It was yesterday.

What in that article did he say that was "nice"? Quote it.

He's had sour grapes about almost everybody who's left and it's ridiculous to think otherwise.

He was at the combine and talked with nba guys. maybe another person talked to other nba people. where he has mali going is his opinion only. but he's basing on what he heard. call it an informed opinion. if you think he's JUST blowing smoke, then you have to say he is lying in his article when talking about what nba people were telling him about mali.

The draft is all about smokescreens, teams aren't going to tell you what they are going to do.

CBS Sports mock draft after the lottery had Malachi in the 15-40 range and him going 25th to the Clippers. Calling Malachi one of the high risers in the draft.

Gary Parrish had him going 20th.

Malachi is going to go first round. I doubt he would have gone without knowing something.

No one "knows" anything about the draft in the middle of May.

two3zone said:
What in that article did he say that was "nice"? Quote it. He's had sour grapes about almost everybody who's left and it's ridiculous to think otherwise.

I already did. He's on the record saying nice things again today about Richardson.

Sour grapes OR he truly doesn't believe they are quite ready yet. I don't think you can tell the motivation behind what he's been saying about Ennis, Richardson, etc.

And it's a very important distinction. Sour grapes speaks to a selfishness about missing the players production. Speaking his mind about readiness to the media after already sharing his opinion privately - speaks to looking out for the kid.

It's on you to prove its sour grapes - because that's in contrast to his character over 40 years.

You only criticize in other people what you do not like about your own character. The stuff you like you ignore.

My statement couldn't be more accurate, and it's obvious others agree. So strange.

I already did. He's on the record saying nice things again today about Richardson.

Sour grapes OR he truly doesn't believe they are quite ready yet. I don't think you can tell the motivation behind what he's been saying about Ennis, Richardson, etc.

And it's a very important distinction. Sour grapes speaks to a selfishness about missing the players production. Speaking his mind about readiness to the media after already sharing his opinion privately - speaks to looking out for the kid.

It's on you to prove its sour grapes - because that's in contrast to his character over 40 years.

It's sour grapes because almost EVERY SINGLE PLAYER who has left not named Carmelo he's had a snarky comment to make. At least Mali thinks is sour grapes.

zU2vyqo.png

vTakH9M.png

For every Buddy Hield who stays and improves their stock there is a Terrance Morris who could have left and been a lottery pick and stayed and went down.
Jared Sullinger went down by staying an extra year.
Joakim Noah went down by staying an extra year.
Perry Jones went down by staying an extra year.

It happens both ways.

People get too caught up in going up or down sometimes. The point is to get into the league and stay there.

No way to prove it, but I don't think John Wallace and Hakim Warrick would have lasted as long in the league as they did if they had jumped early. They developed their games greatly in their time at SU. Young Wallace had no outside jumper and wouldnt have ever seen the floor in the NBA. He might have been out of the league by year 2. By the time he got there he could shoot and his scoring got him on the court, especially in year 2 where Toronto needed his scoring.

two3zone said:
It's sour grapes because almost EVERY SINGLE PLAYER who has left not named Carmelo he's had a snarky comment to make. At least Mali thinks is sour grapes.

Go back and read what he's said.

1. The player had already heard it from him first.
2. He's been adamant that they left before they were ready AND he's not been wrong.
3. He's snarky about EVERYTHING. It's who he is. He's sarcastic. People either get that or they get offended.

The draft is all about smokescreens, teams aren't going to tell you what they are going to do.

You really struggle with this stuff and keep replying to posts with that same song and dance. Has to be because you don't get what anyone is saying and are unable to read an article and understand what it says.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom