Jesse Edwards Out For The Season | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards Out For The Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody is complaining about Jimmy’s offense.
I am just saying you can't take him and his offense out of the game and replace him with someone who can't score from that bench. I have no issue if the coach decides to keep him out of the center slot on Defense. That may happen. Frank will play center on D if both are in and if Frank is out, they can have someone else play center on D other than Jimmy.

I am just saying you can't take him and his offense out of the game and replace him with someone who can't score from that bench. I have no issue if the coach decides to keep him out of the center slot on Defense. That may happen. Frank will play center on D if both are in and if Frank is out, they can have someone else play center on D other than Jimmy.
You can if the defensive production outweighs the offensive value. There have been times in the past where JB has taken out offensive players because “he scored 20 but gave up 35”. When you have a black hole on defense, especially our team defense, it can be hard to gauge how much damage a guy or two can do. Judging by our defensive metrics and eye test, a ton of defense is being sacrificed for offense, is it working? I’d say no as our record states, do we have another option? Maybe not. But imo Jimmy’s offense isn’t enough when you pair it with his defense.

Hear me out but has Jesse considered rubbing dirt on it?
Someone has to have dirt and a bandaid in their lunch pal. Maybe if Jesse had a high iq he wouldn’t have gotten hurt, guess he’s not punching the time clock today like our other guys.

*Obviously not ideal*, but my buddy wondered about Cole in the middle. He seems bigger than Jimmy, is that true?
I prefer we look at other options. Cole is filling too valuable of a role currently. Why screw up two positions?

Bees for those of us who live in another state and aren't interested in a subscription to the Syracuse paper will you summarize what the article by Donna says?

Only a snippet.

“He’s been a little bit limited, but he’s actually had some very good days,” Boeheim said. “I think that he was kind of holding back a little bit, seeing that he wasn’t going to play much. And I think he’s optimistic that he can come in there now and be a factor.”

This is how it will go but I think JB will play Bourama a few minutes before JBA. I also disagree with anyone who thinks Jimmy will play center before those 3. He will ride with Frank until he gets in foul trouble , which will probably be often.
I hope this is the case but whenever Frank gets his second foul in the first half, HE MUST COME OUT......and stay out until 2nd half.

I think John Bol will play more and it makes sense with Jesse out for good... but they have no good option for replacing Jesse. Frank is the best option but if Frank is out, maybe, maybe, maybe, try out Williams. He can at least play defense and maybe he will show us some dunking ability.

There's a better chance of you playing Center then Ajak. Once Frank inevitably fouls out it will be Jimmy playing the 5 unless he can get 2-3 min out of Sidibe which seems unlikely. The only way Ajak is playing the 5 is if Frank and Jimmy both foul out.

Compared to what? Between 1976 and Arinze's injury (35 years) we had 2 scoped knees to Louis Orr and Leo Rautins. They didn't miss much time. Since AO there's been quite a few. I'd have to look it up but Sidibe every year comes to mind.
Compared to our counterparts. The last major contributor injury I can think of is Chris McCullough, since then…? Most of Syracuse’s star players have been spared from the injury bug.

There's a better chance of you playing Centere then Ajak. Once Frank inevitably fouls out it will be Jimmy playing the 5 unless he can get 2-3 min out of Sidibe which seems unlikely. The only way Ajak is playing the 5 is if Frank and Jimmy both foul out.

I don't know that I agree.

If Boeheim shifts into the pivot, who plays at forward? Benny?

I don't know that I agree.

If Boeheim shifts into the pivot, who plays at forward? Benny?

Symir will come in and Buddy will play the 3 and Cole the 4. When we inevitably struggle to board JB will reluctantly put Benny in to play the 4. JB has shown zero willingness to play Ajak at the 5 and despite what he may say his actions have shown Jimmy will play the 5 behind Frank barring foul trouble.

Symir will come in and Buddy will play the 3 and Cole the 4. When we inevitably struggle to board JB will reluctantly put Benny in to play the 4. JB has shown zero willingness to play Ajak at the 5 and despite what he may say his actions have shown Jimmy will play the 5 behind Frank barring foul trouble.

maybe.

But JB HAS shown willingness to play Ajak of late. I'd expect that now that the pecking order has shifted, he's not going to get MORE buried. The path to PT is actually more favorable.

Now, if Ajak had been parked on the bench and we were talking about him now having to play as a break-glass option, I'd agree with you. But he's been playing. And things have changed with Jesse's injury.

Go small with Sy, JG, Buddy, JBIII and Cole. Go full Loyola Marymount -- just jack up 3s within 10 seconds of every possession. We are going to be horrible on defense anyway, might as well lean into it and see if we can outshoot everyone. Of course, we have no bench so in the second half some of these guys may literally keel over, but it would be interesting to see.

(slight sarcasm font)

Ok...so when Jimmy is in and Frank is out, who plays center? Ajok? Williams? Of course Jimmy is not a center but neither was Marek. one of the five on the court has to play that position.
I would play Sidibe, Benny, or JBA before Jimmy at C if we want defense.

OK, frank has fouled out. Bourama game us 5 minutes but his knees are aching. In order, which of our forwards do you want in there?

My list:

John Bol, who has center size and strength and I tho9ught was recruited as one.

Benny - Stronger and more athletic than Jimmy or Cole.

Jimmy - Been there, done that, if not very well.

Cole - Good size and can rebound but not very mobile defensively.
Benny is not stronger than Cole or Jimmy… athletic, sure but strength is not there yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom