Jesse Edwards Out For The Season | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards Out For The Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that this is unlikely as hell...

But wouldn't it be something if Bourma Sidibe was able to suck it up, a la TRob that year, play through the pain, and actually contribute down the stretch? Would be a nice ending to his Syracuse career.

Maybe we can get shady with some recruiting, bring in a few 5* kids, self report and let the NCAA know we will ban ourselves from the NCAA tournament this year for punishment.

Here is the other thing, we are already in deep trouble, we have to pray that we have no other injuries the rest of the year.

We will go from "hey, maybe we can keep the .500 streak alive" to "how do we field a team every night" if we lose one more person.
well, let’s be honest, we had 8 legit scholarship players coming and Sid unfortunately most accepted was going to be a long shot to play mins. This and the Pitt loss w/o Sy does kind of speaks to why having more valid players is kind of important

I realize it was foul related but more than a few times the crew covering the game mentioned the BC coach was focused on getting Jesse out of the game as much as possible..

SU has yet to determine a course of treatment for the wrist injury, though he will not play again this season. He likely will need surgery on his left, non-shooting wrist.

I fractured my left wrist my senior year of HS during basketball season (late December/early January). Needed surgery on it. I was back playing baseball in the Spring. It's not a leg injury, so he should be fine in 8-10 weeks.

Frank starts and will play as long as he stays out of foul trouble.

Frank WILL get into foul trouble.

Who's the 1st guy off the bench?
  • JBA
  • Bourama
  • Benny (moving Jimmy to the 5)
  • Symir (moving Jimmy to the 5)
This is how it will go but I think JB will play Bourama a few minutes before JBA. I also disagree with anyone who thinks Jimmy will play center before those 3. He will ride with Frank until he gets in foul trouble , which will probably be often.

I fractured my left wrist my senior year of HS during basketball season (late December/early January). Needed surgery on it. I was back playing baseball in the Spring. It's not a leg injury, so he should be fine in 8-10 weeks.

Yeah it's not long term. I broke my primary hand wrist in two spots and it was 3 months and I was full go shooting a ball or doing anything again .

But wouldn't it be something if Bourma Sidibe was able to suck it up, a la TRob that year, play through the pain, and actually contribute down the stretch? Would be a nice ending to his Syracuse career.

Would be an awesome story.

So unfortunate with the knees. Next to injury, his second biggest issue was fouling but when Bourama played, he was productive. He ended the 19-20 year playing extremely well defensively.

Do we get the MANNY BATES level of commentary in every game now?

Where a team dunks on us and we hear "IF Jesse Edwards was playing..."
I’m thinking yes.

Time to turn the page and focus on next season. The pressure of making the tourney is definitely off now. Benny, the training wheels are off...go play and have fun and don't worry about making mistakes. Same with Frank and JBA. It's all about development now.

CORTISONE SOMEONE FETCH THE CORISONE

In the 1980s, I received an Armatron as a gift. I would assume by now we can get Jesse a robot arm and get him back out there, no?

Didn’t Jim come out a couple weeks ago and basically say that Sidibe won’t play again? I wouldn’t expect to see him at all - especially not in some savior role where he comes in and gives us 20+ minutes a night.

The other bad thing about this is it's a wrist injury. He won't be able to do much weightlifting and strength training until it heals 100 percent. He needs that right now more than anything. This is a double whammy injury.

So unfortunate with the knees. Next to injury, his second biggest issue was fouling but when Bourama played, he was productive. He ended the 19-20 year playing extremely well defensively.
Healthy Sid is a formidable player.

Time to turn the page and focus on next season. The pressure of making the tourney is definitely off now. Benny, the training wheels are off...go play and have fun and don't worry about making mistakes. Same with Frank and JBA. It's all about development now.
It aint gonna happen

Rub some dirt on it and get back in their!
I have the feeling that if we were a tourney team Jesse would play with a cast on that left wrist. But why bother now.

If we find out he got hurt trying to cover a corner 3...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom